Broncos Add Marvin Austin to Defensive Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Add Marvin Austin to Defensive Line

I was wrong about him being a solid stud out of UNC when I wanted us to draft him, but maybe he can change that notion in Orange and Blue

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...3-c98385faba55
    Last edited by Peanut; 05-05-2014, 12:52 PM. Reason: Added link
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    I was wrong about him being a solid stud out of UNC when I wanted us to draft him, but maybe he can change that notion in Orange and Blue
    Can you give some information on him, please? Never heard of him before.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSheriff View Post
      Can you give some information on him, please? Never heard of him before.
      He was a second round pick by the Giants back in 2011. Has 10 career tackles. I think this is a solid depth move because the Giants have had a great d-line for a few years now. Hard to get playing time ahead of them.
      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

lol. anyone else remember the reaction when Moore and Franklin got drafted instead of Austin or any other DT in 2011?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
          He was a second round pick by the Giants back in 2011. Has 10 career tackles. I think this is a solid depth move because the Giants have had a great d-line for a few years now. Hard to get playing time ahead of them.
          Thanks for the info. We need depth on the d-line so it seems like a good move.

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
            lol. anyone else remember the reaction when Moore and Franklin got drafted instead of Austin or any other DT in 2011?
            I do. It wasn't pretty especially when combined with us passing on Dareus (not a bad move at all, but the feeling was that we needed a DT in round 2 after that move).
            Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Getting a DL from the NYG is like getting a DB from the Pats...you know he was coached well and had allot of good competition.

I do remember how people went off when we did not draft him. While I did not go off I was in "glad McD is gone lets try to trust the new guys" mode...but I was curious about the selection.

Was looking at the players on our DL...it is going to be hard to make the team there...we have allot of good players.

Can this dude beat out Unrein?
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Good depth signing, worst case scenario he doesn't make the team, best case scenario he lives up to his second round potential
                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

One down, nineteen to go. Now there are three complete D-Lines for TC. If the Broncos don't draft more DL, they may sign an UDFA D-Lineman or two. :2cents:
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    Thats probably who he has to beat out to make the team, depending on the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                      Ha ha.....in the end it was like we made a good trade down, by getting the guy we wanted (Austin) and the other two, for no extra price. Just had to wait a few years for it to come to fruition.

Comment

Ha. I also remember when people around here was excited about Paea

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          Marvin will need to rev it up because Mitch has a great motor. :2cents:
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            Marvin will need to rev it up because Mitch has a great motor. :2cents:
                            And Mitch can be used in the Red Zone...

Comment

Worth a read to go back to his 2011 scouting reports.

Considered a high risk/ reward player. Incredible talent with inconsistent effort. Going to be interesting to see how he competes for a roster spot. Potentially could be a very nice signing. Any idea of his contract?

Comment

Working...
                              X