Denver Broncos In NFL.com Top 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Broncos In NFL.com Top 100

I hope this is complementary to johntbronco's thread re: Pro Football focus Top 101(?). In this version, as you probably know, it's how the players were ranked by their peers, using what I would describe as a "questionable" format (picking their own top 20). HOWEVER, it still interests me, flawed or not, because it comes from peers.

OK.....as of today (with the announcement of those from 81-100 on the list), we have 2 Broncos in the Top 100.

#97 - Louis Vasquez

#82 - T.J. Ward

I expect a number of Broncos to make the top 100, and it will be interesting to compare results to those from the ProFootball list. The fact that Ward was chosen at 82 tells me he has a lot of respect, because I don't think of him as a household name by any stretch. And good for Louis. He deserves recognition for his excellent line play!

I'll update as we go!

Last edited by CanDB; 05-15-2014, 12:07 PM.

Yes it's always interesting how the two lists come out. I noticed both Vasquez and Ward are on both lists

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
        Thanks for the update.
        On the NFL Network ticker across the screen, they show TJ Ward as a Patriot. Come on NFL Network, quit giving them our players already. Sheesh.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Hard to say who else will make it. I'm not really sure what the qualifications are for the list. Is it based purely on 2013 play? If so we can rule out Clady, Miller, and Ware.

Manning, Talib, and DT are locks. JT and Wes should have a shot. Trevathan likely deserves it, but probably doesnt have the name recognition just yet.

Comment

They'll never put Danny T in there. Don't rule out Pot Roast though.
            2016 San Diego Chargers GM & New York Giants GM - see bio for trade block/needs

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
              Hard to say who else will make it. I'm not really sure what the qualifications are for the list. Is it based purely on 2013 play? If so we can rule out Clady, Miller, and Ware.

Manning, Talib, and DT are locks. JT and Wes should have a shot. Trevathan likely deserves it, but probably doesnt have the name recognition just yet.
              If I remember correctly its just a poll from the player on who they think is the best in the league. I remember last year there was some players who made the list even though they had been injured for a majority of the season before.

Comment

Originally posted by Merrick44 View Post
                If I remember correctly its just a poll from the player on who they think is the best in the league. I remember last year there was some players who made the list even though they had been injured for a majority of the season before.
                Yes I believe the process includes players picking who they think are the 20 best players, for the upcoming season. Therefore it may or may not include injuries, unless they feel the injury will carry over into the coming season.

Comment

Three more to be revealed tonight, apparently:

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                    Three more to be revealed tonight, apparently:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...b-99a8ab1a4359
                    Knowshon,Danny and Pot Roast. The list is still way to low yet to have any of our Wrs, maybe they put Von on it this year even with the injury and susp. Either way its nice to see so many Broncos on the list.

Comment

I'll update tonight, unless of course someone beats me to it. That's cool (if you do)!

Comment

They just said we have 8 players in the top 100.
                        sigpic
                        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Aqib at 79 is a little low to me, I thought for sure he would be high 40s. Wes and Von are about where they should be. And I don't think Romo should be that high a atleast they could have switched him and Tyron Smith.

Comment

So......

Talib - #79

Miller - #76

Welker - #73

That's going to be some extra fuel for Miller this season. I am sure he sees himself as a much better player, and I hope he proves his peers very wrong! Talib might feel that way as well.

Comment

We have 3 more players in the Top 100.

My guess is

Manning, DT, & Trevathan

I am sure Decker is on the list but since he is not a Bronco any more someone else gets to claim him.
                              sigpic
                              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                              X