Broncos Ex Exec Matt Russell Gets 7 Months in Jail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Ex Exec Matt Russell Gets 7 Months in Jail

Broncos executive Matt Russell was sentenced to seven months jail time and two years probation Friday after pleading guilty to DUI, careless driving and possession of an open container of alcohol.

Hope he never drives drunk again.

And Jim Irsay gets charged with 2 misdemeanors with the potential of 60 days in jail, but mostly likely no jail time. Go figure.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 05-24-2014, 04:50 AM.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Whatever happened with the other Broncos front office guy who was arrested for dui?

I'm not a big fan of jail time for non-violent crimes. Hopefully he has learned his lesson though.
    You're Wrong!
    Recognize That You're Wrong!
    Move On

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      Whatever happened with the other Broncos front office guy who was arrested for dui?

I'm not a big fan of jail time for non-violent crimes. Hopefully he has learned his lesson though.
      I do not think his actions should be considered "non-violent". Recklessly driving a couple thousand pound weapon around is violent IMO. He had two separate accidents with his car. The second was only luck that the officer was not injured seriously.

Just out of curiosity, if I pound down a few shots, take out my pistol, fire recklessly around the neighborhood, one of the rounds breaks a window and the shards cut an innocent person sitting on their porch. Is that non-violent?

Heard a report from the local radio that Russell does seem remorseful and has been sober and sought help since the incident. Good to hear.

Also they mentioned that his jail time at Arapahoe Co. jail will include work release. He can stil perform his duties at Dove Valley then go fulfill his time.

Comment

He probably won't do more than 3 and a half months and can be back in time for the college season to kick off. His job is more hands on once the season starts as he deals with scouting.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...n-jail-for-dui

Hope he never drives drunk again.

And Jim Irsay gets charged with 2 misdemeanors with the potential of 60 days in jail, but mostly likely no jail time. Go figure.
          In all fairness, Irsay didn't smash into a Police officer. Then the mega-millionaire/billionaire status comes into play after that difference, lol!
          #swapping

Comment

Working...
          X