Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Does Peyton Manning Really Have Left In The Tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Does Peyton Manning Really Have Left In The Tank?

- How Much Does Peyton Manning Really Have Left In The Tank? -

"Peyton Manning is approaching the age in which if your NFL career hasn’t already been over for 8-10 years, it’s finally got to be coming to a close.

Turning 38 this year, Manning isn’t exactly what you’d consider a ‘QB of the future’ for the Denver Broncos, but I think there’s been way too much talk about the fact that he is ‘done’ or ‘on the decline.’ ...

... Manning is on top of his game, the toughest position of any in professional sports, and at 37 years old, he just completed the single greatest season anyone has ever put together as a QB in the NFL. ... :clap:

Peyton Manning is approaching the age in which if your NFL career hasn't already been over for 8-10 years, it's finally got to be coming to a close. Turnin...

I believe PFM will play this year and next through 2015. By then, he will have either won a SB or not and he will have all of the primary NFL passing records. There really is no reason to play year five of the deal unless of course the Broncos win the next two Super Bowls, and year five would be playing for a three-peat hahahaha

Comment

Peyton has never been a QB who relied on a strong arm or athleticism. He's sharper now than he's ever been. I hope he plays two more years and after the blow out loss he endured he learns to rely on the team Elway is putting around him.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        Peyton has never been a QB who relied on a strong arm or athleticism. He's sharper now than he's ever been. I hope he plays two more years and after the blow out loss he endured he learns to rely on the team Elway is putting around him.
        Seems to me he relied on the last team in the Super Bowl and they lost that game.

Our OL got blown off the LOS in both pass protect as well as run blocking.

The WRs were intimidated at the LOS,

Our game plan was stale to the point the hawks knew what was coming.

Other than the pick six he threw when his arm was hit by a DL man, not sure what else he could have done.

The team he had last year was found wanting and hopefully you are correct he will not have to carry this offense this coming year.

BTW had the defense not been worn down by the 3 and outs and the Unbelievable bad ST teams play perhaps they could have kept us in the games longer.

But having a short field to defend wears down a D. Fast.

Yet John decided to fix the D this year. Made no sense to me, when he could have fixed the pass protect and run blocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
          Yet John decided to fix the D this year. Made no sense to me, when he could have fixed the pass protect and run blocking.
          The D needed to be fixed.

It was right of John to do that.

Comment

He's not a guy who relies on arm strength, if they can keep a stable OL in front of him, i can see him play anywhere from 1-3 more years, hell who knows maybe longer.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              The D needed to be fixed.

It was right of John to do that.
              Yes we needed more pass rush.
              We needed to replace ayers.
              We needed to replace DRC or resign him.
              We needed to some degree a MLB.
              The rest of the defense was coming back from IR.

That was all we really needed for this year.

What we needed for this year to protect manning was a top OG.

We did not get a top OG. We got mishmash. And are still weak with experienced ORT.

OG if they are top notch rookies are perhaps the easiest spot to plug and play on an experienced OL. That was what we needed for this year.

Now all of this MAY work out fine, but I want more than fine I want great.

IF the first thru third choices work as well as the coach speak wants you to believe. Then we are going to be good long term.

But RARELY has one of Johns draft choices started out as a wiz bang year one.

All of them but Miller have been late in the first year part time players.

We needed LONG term top quality fixes at ORT, OLG, OC, DE, TE.

Needed quality depth at OL, WR,CB, MLB.

Not sure we got immediate help or depth.

Comment

Seems to me he relied on the last team in the Super Bowl and they lost that game.

Our OL got blown off the LOS in both pass protect as well as run blocking.

The WRs were intimidated at the LOS,

Our game plan was stale to the point the hawks knew what was coming.

Other than the pick six he threw when his arm was hit by a DL man, not sure what else he could have done.

The team he had last year was found wanting and hopefully you are correct he will not have to carry this offense this coming year.

BTW had the defense not been worn down by the 3 and outs and the Unbelievable bad ST teams play perhaps they could have kept us in the games longer.

But having a short field to defend wears down a D. Fast.

Garfield we added the best Left tackle in the league upgraded right tackle with a better pass protector by moving Clark over. Upgraded left guard with Franklin over Beadles I think Montgomery beats out Ramirez at center and with Ramirez, & schofield we have better depth. Every position on our line will have competition except LT & RG.
                ELWAY gets an A in my book.
                Who would you have added?
                sigpic

Comment

Garfield we added the best Left tackle in the league upgraded right tackle with a better pass protector by moving Clark over. Upgraded left guard with Franklin over Beadles I think Montgomery beats out Ramirez at center and with Ramirez, & schofield we have better depth. Every position on our line will have competition except LT & RG.
                  ELWAY gets an A in my book.
                  Who would you have added?
                  Everything you have said is WE HOPE all those guys are a fix. And for the most part other that Talib, Ward, sanders and MAYBE the draft choice that were left overs from the rest of the NFL will be long term solutions.

MAYBE.

I would have taken in the first ANY of the top OGs, becasue all of them were still on the board. Traditionaly OGs go from 25 on, unless they are SUPer special then maybe 18 plus.

Same applies to OCs. Which IIRC we could have had the pick of the litter also at our second choice.

That would have fixed LONG term every spot except RT. Which sounds like we MIGHT have done in the third.

WR CB were not must haves. Neither was an OC but any of the above could have been addressed with our #2 pick.

To me protecting Manning is the biggest priority. PERIOD

Moving guys around HOPING they will be the fix is not long term since franklin, is a UFA next year and Jihn will not be able to afford him. Bottom feeders will drive his price out of our range. So then we have a hole at OG. Unless one of the depth guys can take his place.

The defense did not lose any games last year the offense did when they could not protect manning and gave up points becasue of it.

Show me a game where manning had great protection that we lost.

Or look hard at the season and see that games we lost were because of lousy pass protect or ST play.

Might even throw in a not so hot running game and that also comes from a not so great OL.

Comment

Everything you have said is WE HOPE all those guys are a fix. And for the most part other that Talib, Ward, sanders and MAYBE the draft choice that were left overs from the rest of the NFL will be long term solutions.

MAYBE.

I would have taken in the first ANY of the top OGs, becasue all of them were still on the board. Traditionaly OGs go from 25 on, unless they are SUPer special then maybe 18 plus.

Same applies to OCs. Which IIRC we could have had the pick of the litter also at our second choice.

That would have fixed LONG term every spot except RT. Which sounds like we MIGHT have done in the third.

WR CB were not must haves. Neither was an OC but any of the above could have been addressed with our #2 pick.

Moving guys around HOPING they will be the fix is not long term since franklin, is a UFA next year and Jihn will not be able to afford him. Bottom feeders will drive his price out of our range. So then we have a hole at OG. Unless one of the depth guys can take his place.

The defense did not lose any games last year the offense did when they could not protect manning and gave up points becasue of it.

Or look hard at the season and see that games we lost were because of lousy pass protect or ST play.

Might even throw in a not so hot running game and that also comes from a not so great OL.
                    There was a guard in the draft that is better than Franklin who knows are offense already and has nfl experience?
                    Better center in the draft than Ramirez or Montgomery? These two are starters in the nfl, rookies have a lot to learn especially in Peytons offense. Denver added depth at center in Paradus and depth at Tackle and guard in Schofield.
                    Ryan Clady is the biggest offensive line upgrade in the entire NFL.
                    sigpic

Comment

MAYBE.

Its about picking talent. Roby was excellent value at 31 and far better then any of the guards or centers.

I didn't like any of the centers in the draft so was fine with Latimer. Ramirez/Montgomery is a good 1-2. The OL looks in good shape.

The only problem I had was in round 3, picking up Schofield instead of a RB (I liked Carey)

Comment

In my opinion, Manning can keep playing if we can keep the O-line stout. If takes less hits, and we can get our running game charging. I'd say he can go another 4 maybe even more.

Comment

There was a guard in the draft that is better than Franklin who knows are offense already and has nfl experience?
                          Better center in the draft than Ramirez or Montgomery? These two are starters in the nfl, rookies have a lot to learn especially in Peytons offense. Denver added depth at center in Paradus and depth at Tackle and guard in Schofield.
                          Ryan Clady is the biggest offensive line upgrade in the entire NFL.
                          Franklin is a short term fix and he does not know blocking assignments from the OG spot, there is a lot of doubt that he can pull to run the same offense we did last year.

Rameriz and Montgomery are short term fixes they are both 31.

Clady IF his lisfranc is fixed and does. It act up again. (Champ had that almost all if last year and he is 100+ pounds lighter and does not have 250-330 pound guys pounding on him EVERY play.

So yes IF he is OK he is an upgrade over last year.

Paradis may have long term potential

As for learning manning offense.

Seems to me we had a rookie OC last year. While he knew the scheme from an OG perspective , it is not hard as you think for a TOP OG to come in and start especially since he would between (hopefully) clady and Rameriz.

I listed players that would be LONG term solutions if not immediate starters.

John picked guys that will be the NICKLE or dime CB and the 4th maybe 5th WR.

Neither of these guys are going to play every down.

An OG could be in on every down this year and the foreseeable future.

Believe me when I say franklin is gone next year unless John does something he has not done before in his GM career resign a guy coming out of his rookie contract to an insane new contract.

Same will probably be true of DT next year.

While JT will be tagged.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                            Its about picking talent. Roby was excellent value at 31 and far better then any of the guards or centers.

I didn't like any of the centers in the draft so was fine with Latimer. Ramirez/Montgomery is a good 1-2. The OL looks in good shape.

The only problem I had was in round 3, picking up Schofield instead of a RB (I liked Carey)
                            You are happy because your priority has always been flash wiz bang players.

They do not win and lose games as much as a crappy LOS group does.

Nice to have guys we got, but we needed HAVE to have guys this draft.

Mix matching players in the OL is a Recipe for disaster.

Plus we now have long term issues at OG, OC, RT.

So the OC do not excite you other teams snapped them up right after our 2nd pick.

OG plays every down Roby may be in 30% of the snaps this coming year.
                            Maybe even 40%. And likely he will be the rookie they throw at. So he better be good.

Not the guy that could not find the ball in the air, just before the WR catches a long ball on him.

Sorry you win and lose in the LOS not in NICKLE formation.

Comment

You are happy because your priority has always been flash wiz bang players.

They do not win and lose games as much as a crappy LOS group does.

Nice to have guys we got, but we needed HAVE to have guys this draft.

Mix matching players in the OL is a Recipe for disaster.

Plus we now have long term issues at OG, OC, RT.

So the OC do not excite you other teams snapped them up right after our 2nd pick.

OG plays every down Roby may be in 30% of the snaps this coming year.
                              Maybe even 40%. And likely he will be the rookie they throw at. So he better be good.

Not the guy that could not find the ball in the air, just before the WR catches a long ball on him.

Sorry you win and lose in the LOS not in NICKLE formation.
                              I kinda get your drift, cos I too think the game is won/lost in the trenches.

It's like when you're doing bodybuilding - of course you want the huge biceps and pecs, but you can't forget your core.
                              We've got huge (metaphorical) biceps with Manning and sexy pecs with the Thomases + Welker and Sanders.. but you still want that strong foundation of abs with the O-line. Right now it's not looking like a six pack at all -_-

Comment

Working...
                              X