Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning doesn’t intend on retiring before 2016

- Peyton Manning doesn’t intend on retiring before 2016 -

"The Denver Broncos are looking to get back to the Super Bowl again this year and for the next few years as this little thing they have going on at the moment is one of the most exciting aspects of football today. Peyton Manning is there leading it all as well, but there have been questions about just how long he’ll be int he saddle for the Broncos and when he’ll ride off into the sunset and end his Hall of Fame career." ...

http://fansided.com/2014/06/01/peyto...g-2016/#!Tshks

Eh, 2016 is a long way away. I am still of the opinion PFM will play this year and next, but beyond that? I still think it's unlikely.

Comment

Broncos' Peyton Manning a performing wonder at age 38

Broncos' Peyton Manning a performing wonder at age 38 :clap:

"As every athlete who ever lived can attest, Father Time never surrenders. In fact, this relentless character never has been beaten. ...

...But in Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, Father Time seems as confused as defensive coordinators who are trying to read the quarterback's tendencies. Yes, nature had its moments. Four neck surgeries were factors in Manning missing the 2011 season. A significant percentage of arm strength is gone.

Yet, at 38, an age when Father Time has delivered his share of knockout blows to even the greatest of passers, Manning has become a better quarterback.

Check that, Omaha. Manning is playing the best football of his professional life." ...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...nder-at-age-38
      Last edited by Emily Diana; 06-02-2014, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
        Eh, 2016 is a long way away. I am still of the opinion PFM will play this year and next, but beyond that? I still think it's unlikely.
        I think 2 for sure possibly 3 or 4 years depending on how his body is holding up. Honestly it would not surprise me for him to be effective at 41 or 42 years old.
        sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
        UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

Manning has to put in a lot more work these days than he did in his 20s. Only Manning knows how much more he can do. In reality more players retire because it is no longer fun than just not able to be effective anymore. Peyton says he still enjoys the work, Missing a season of football can have a way of extending a persons love of the game. There will come a time rather due to injury or declining abilities, that Peyton will have to reevaluate if he can keep going, as of now he still can be effective and enjoys playing so of course he says he has no plans to retire. That could all change in the blink of an eye, but for now we can enjoy his time with the Broncos.
          sigpic

Comment

- Denver Broncos’ coach thinks Peyton Manning can play three to five more years -

"We’ve already heard that both Tom Brady and Drew Brees are open to playing into their 40s and the same may ring true for Peyton Manning.

A few months removed from turning 38, Manning isn’t slowing down, and Denver Broncos strength and conditioning coach Luke Richesson believes the quarterback has a handful of good seasons left.

“In my mind, he could play another three to five years,” Richesson said. “It’s not crazy to think that." ...

http://nfl.si.com/2014/06/02/peyton-...enver-broncos/

Comment

I hope when Manning decides to hang up the cleats he is back with Denver in some way with the organization as offensive coordinator maybe HC someday? I think he would do great.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
                I think 2 for sure possibly 3 or 4 years depending on how his body is holding up. Honestly it would not surprise me for him to be effective at 41 or 42 years old.
                the last couple of years he has said his game is more mental than it has ever been.

He knows his body is not as young but also knows he does not have to use the body to beat defenses, he out smarts them and until they can get into his HEAD, he will play at a very high level.

Comment

I read that article as well, however Peyton was 37 when he was last on a football field in a game. He just turned 38 in march if i remember correctly.
                  sigpic

Comment

Broncos QB Peyton Manning's accuracy makes him who he is

Broncos QB Peyton Manning's accuracy makes him who he is: tops in NFL

"Where statistics fail, anger succeeds.

Opposing cornerbacks explain Peyton Manning's accuracy — perhaps his best quality — every Sunday. Sometimes it comes with exclamation points. And expletives.

"I will have a defensive back on my side, and Peyton will place it in the perfect spot," Demaryius Thomas said Tuesday. "It's something I had never seen before. Never. They say I have good corners covering me. But it's hard for them with Peyton. You hear the DBs out there saying: 'Ah, you're lucky. With any other quarterback but Peyton, that would have been a pick.' They get really frustrated."

Manning authored the greatest single season in NFL history last year. Everyone witnessed the genius, because Manning appears on prime time more than the cast of "CSI."" ...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...-makes-him-who

Comment

- Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning getting stronger? -

"With all the talk of Peyton Manning losing arm strength over the last few years, is it possible the elite QB is actually getting stronger? His teammates may think so."

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/denver...003455416.html (video)

Comment

Heading into 17th season, retirement not on Peyton Manning's radar

- Heading into 17th season, retirement not on Peyton Manning's radar -

"Peyton Manning flew to New York this spring to pay his respects to Derek Jeter and David Letterman, two much-admired superstars in the middle of their long goodbyes.

"I'm sad to see some of these guys retiring," the Broncos quarterback said at the time. "I'm not far behind."

Yet retirement really isn't on Manning's radar as he prepares for his 17th NFL season, his third in Denver. Coming off the best two-year stretch of his career, Manning is keeping tacklers, tedium and time itself at bay.

At 38, Manning said he'll keep playing as long as he's still productive and loves the game.

That passion and productivity were on full display last season when he won his fifth MVP award and set single-season records by passing for 55 touchdowns and nearly 5,500 yards.

There are no signs of his affection or efficiency ebbing anytime soon, either." ...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...adar/11094661/

Comment

Think this is repeat of an old article probably filling space.

Comment

He is focused on the season at hand. Retirement is not in his thoughts as he wants to get back to the Superbowl.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X