Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emmanuel Sanders: Peyton better leader than Big Ben

- Emmanuel Sanders: Peyton better leader than Big Ben -

"Emmanuel Sanders spent the first four seasons of his career catching passes from Ben Roethlisberger. It's only taken him a few months with Peyton Manning to identify a key difference between the two star quarterbacks.

"(From) a mental standpoint, I don't care to really say this, but I feel Peyton is a far better leader," told KKFM in Denver. "In terms of staying after practice, catching balls, wanting guys to get on the same page with him and things of that sort.

"This is the first time that I had a quarterback that stays every single day after practice, no matter what his accolades," he went on. "From NFL MVP, Super Bowl rings. He keeps guys like me and (Cody) Latimer after practice and we're out there 15, 20 minutes. And he's not one of those guys you gotta go chase down, he's gonna be right at the same spot ready to work, every single day.

"And I just feel like that's the difference from a mental standpoint of the both. But both of them are winners. And Ben, his playing style is a lot different. Ben, with the system that he's in Pittsburgh, he takes advantage of it." ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...r-than-big-ben

He said the right thing

Comment

Originally posted by cara murphy View Post
      He said the right thing
      I agree very classy response.
      sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
      UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

It might be the truth but sometimes, as a young player in this league, knowing you may hit FA in a few years, it is NEVER good to burn any bridges at this point in your career.

He should still watch how he words it, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
          It might be the truth but sometimes, as a young player in this league, knowing you may hit FA in a few years, it is NEVER good to burn any bridges at this point in your career.

He should still watch how he words it, IMO.
          I was thinking the same thing.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Not a fan of this interview. Nothing wrong with saying Peyton's work ethic is incredible or unlike anything he's seen. There's no need to bring Big Ben in the conversation or say you don't have to chase him down, which COULD be interpreted as Ben wasn't willing to stay after practice. I get his message, but think he made a mistake in the way he seemed to take shots at Ben.
            Last edited by champ&dreallday; 07-29-2014, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I too find it un-necessary to bash Big Ben the way he did. Peyton is great and all, everyone knows it. And he can agree on it without having to turn a shoulder to the guy and organization who carried his career up to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                Not a fan of this interview. Nothing wrong with saying Peyton's work ethic is incredible or unlike anything he's seen. There's no need to bring Big Ben in the conversation or say you don't have to chase him down, which COULD be interpreted as Ben wasn't willing to stay after practice. I get his message, but think he made a mistake in the way he seemed to take shots at Ben.
                Bottom line, he has a little flair for superlatives like 'far better" . It is not difficult to say Peyton does a lot of this and that as opposed to 'Ben not doing this'.

But then, the reporter or writer is dreaming of 'sound bites' like this, much like the interviewer of Tony Dungy on asking the question whether he would draft Michael Sam (obviously it wouldn't be as interesting if he asked Belichick, would that?)

Comment

Originally posted by Emily Diana View Post
                  Peyton better leader than Big Ben
                  Um....well duh!
                  sigpic

Comment

-Big Ben hurt by Emmanuel Sanders saying Peyton Manning was better leader

"Emmanuel Sanders left the Pittsburgh Steelers for more money and a better opportunity, he felt, with the Denver Broncos as a free agent this offseason.

But he also can't help but notice one other difference: the leadership quotient of the two quarterbacks in each city. Sanders spoke last week about how Peyton Manning was a better leader than Ben Roethlisberger, and then Sanders stuck by his initial word. ...

Roethlisberger, predictably, was nonplussed at the comments. “He’s going to say whatever he can about the quarterback he is with,” Roethlisberger said, per Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I was more disappointed he didn’t reach out to me. I know he told some other guys: ‘You know I love Ben, I didn’t mean it like that.’ I wish he would have reached out to me and just say that and I would have been fine with it.” ...

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...144410393.html

Comment

Sanders was classless with those comments and they were completely unnecessary. They looked even more stupid after Roethlisberger's response:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...mment-it-hurt/

Roethlisberger told Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that it bothered him to hear that Sanders feels that way.

“Whether he meant it or not, it hurt in a sense that I tried so hard to keep him here last year and was always supporting him. When he was down in practice, I always talked to him. When he had a baby, I was trying to help him,” Roethlisberger said.
                      Unlike Sanders, Roethlisberger had some class when talking about his former teammate.

And it's funny when I see Broncos fans supporting Sanders' comments. It's funny because I am 100% sure the same guys would blast Roethlisberger if he had made the news with negative remarks about Sanders.

So, Sanders was telling the truth, saying the right thing, huh? Welll, then let's tell the truth about Sanders...

Emmanuel Sanders is an underachiever who did diddly squat in the NFL despite being a 3rd-round pick and was severely outperformed by Antonio Brown, who was drafted in the 6th round. A career backup, Sanders could not crack the starting lineup until Pittsburgh had depth issues at WR.

I guess Roethlisberger could have said all that about Sanders. Maybe he should. Maybe he should rip Sanders for dropping that critical 2-point conversion against the Ravens.

An underachiever throwing a Super Bowl winning QB under the bus. So far Sanders has a big mouth and little production in the NFL. Sanders had to keep his mouth shut and do some work before judging the work of his former QB.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X