Ronnie Hillman drawing raves from Broncos coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie Hillman drawing raves from Broncos coaches

Still just 22 years old, according to coaches, Hillman is now the clear favorite to enter the season as the #2 at RB. According to Studesville (RB coach) we are finally seeing the Hillman that the Broncos drafted him for. He is making plays on the field in TC... hopefully he can also hold onto the football.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...roncos-coaches
    sigpic

Jeff Legwald also has an article on Hillman chasing a second chance. This sounds optimistic that Hillman can contribute to the offense greatly this season. We do need a back that has the all out speed to take it all the way. Hillman was billed as that coming out of college. Again, I hope he can hang onto the football!

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc..._/id/7668/7668
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
      Still just 22 years old, according to coaches, Hillman is now the clear favorite to enter the season as the #2 at RB. According to Studesville (RB coach) we are finally seeing the Hillman that the Broncos drafted him for. He is making plays on the field in TC... hopefully he can also hold onto the football.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...roncos-coaches
      I'm hoping he steps up this year. I watched him in college and was glad we drafted him. He is still very young so lets hope these last 2 years were all developmental stumbling blocks and he becomes the RB I thought he was when he was drafted.
      sigpic

Comment

Hopefully he watched Moreno and learned that no matter how bad it looks you can alway rise back to the top. Moreno was a healthy inactive prior to last year, so hopefully Hillman watched and continues to battle back and show why he was picked where he was.

Always glad to give a second chance to players. Even ones like Omar who was approaching the Nate Jones level for me lol.

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

Yea he's still only 22, still has a good chance to develop and get better. I hope he stays around and gets another chance, but now it's time to prove whether or not he's worth keeping. These were the same reports coming out of camp last year too, when he was #1 on the depth chart.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
            Yea he's still only 22, still has a good chance to develop and get better. I hope he stays around and gets another chance, but now it's time to prove whether or not he's worth keeping. These were the same reports coming out of camp last year too, when he was #1 on the depth chart.
            That #1 on the depth chart was a little hype, imo. Moreno was coming off injury and Ball was a rookie. Only a few people actually believed he was going to be the starting RB in the regular season.
            sigpic

Comment

We can hope it is not all hype.

Honestly the fumbles were not what concerned me the most with Hillman. It was how he struggled in pass protection and was not that elusive in the open field. When he is being armed tackled he never gets to use the speed we have all heard about.

Comment

Darius Watts drew Raves at training camp as well. Then we cut him. But anyways, I liked Hillman when we drafted him, but I'll be honest, he makes me sick. I hate any time he touches the ball. I cringe. Even if he has a great year this year, I will still be scared every time he touches the ball, especially if its in a close game late. We'll see what happens and I'm excited to see him and the rest of the boys take the field next week.
                :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

I read the article Brianmcfarlane refers to and in it, Srudesville is quoted as saying that he needed to be a better coach to Hillman to bring out his talent and that Ronnie has worked very hard to bring it out in himself. Studesville mentioned that he was very impressed with Hillman this year and that he came to camp ready to play and seems very determined.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                    TC hype.

Your correct loads of fans jumped on his bandwagon day one because of his speed.

Most anointed him #1 for various reasons he was fast
                    They did not like Moreno
                    Thought ball was a wasted pick.

But. Mostly because of speed.

but most forgot that he has butterfingers and can't pass protect

let's see if this year if he's more than just a speed bump in the backfield for past rushers

Once again I attribute this hype to Coach speak then different reporters basically the same thing from the same source.

I'm still the I want to see it on the field guy before I vote for him to the pro bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                      We can hope it is not all hype.

Honestly the fumbles were not what concerned me the most with Hillman. It was how he struggled in pass protection and was not that elusive in the open field. When he is being armed tackled he never gets to use the speed we have all heard about.
                      Amen brother

Comment

He's probably too small to run between the tackles and pass block effectively. I hate backs like that. I don't think he'll become anything. Hopefully he proves me wrong.
                        Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Hillman isn't as good as his "best fans" think, and he's not as bad as his "worst fans" think either. I hope, for the best interest of the Broncos he can fill that role that was envisioned when he was drafted. I look forward to seeing him in preseason games, I think he has the "tools" to be an asset to the offense. His size really shouldn't be an issue as far as pass pro goes... as far as size- Jamaal Charles is about the same size, was a third round pick and he is good all around (Charles 5-11 199 - , Hillman 5-10 195). It would be really nice if Hillman could come close to Jamaal's accomplishments.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                            Hillman isn't as good as his "best fans" think, and he's not as bad as his "worst fans" think either. I hope, for the best interest of the Broncos he can fill that role that was envisioned when he was drafted. I look forward to seeing him in preseason games, I think he has the "tools" to be an asset to the offense. His size really shouldn't be an issue as far as pass pro goes... as far as size- Jamaal Charles is about the same size, was a third round pick and he is good all around (Charles 5-11 199 - , Hillman 5-10 195). It would be really nice if Hillman could come close to Jamaal's accomplishments.
                            Charles is not in pass first offense. And he gets a lot of carries.

Apples and oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                              Charles is not in pass first offense. And he gets a lot of carries.

Apples and oranges.
                              Charles is still a solid pass pro RB and a good receiver... yes, Hillman won't get the opportunities that Jamaal does in KC's offense... I'm just being optimistic as a Bronco fan.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X