No announcement yet.

Ronnie Hillman drawing raves from Broncos coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hillman is just now starting to get on par with nfl athletes. Being so young and only being in college for so short of a time really slowed down his transition. He was so far behind in terms of strength and conditioning. Last year there were marginal improvements in his running, although he got himself in the dog house. But this year we'll see much bigger improvements.

Comment

Yea...I have yet to be sold on him, so I'll believe it when I see it. I'll be happy to let me prove me wrong but he's shown me absolutely nothing thus far.
      sigpic

Comment

Can he mature and wrap his mind around football? Can he stop fumbling the ball? Will he live up to his pick expectations?

All those questions were asked about none other than Knowshon. And he really stepped up. It is debatable whether or not Knowshon lived up to his pick expectation. But he really did pull a 180 and earn his spot as our starting back.

Why can't Hillman do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          Yea...I have yet to be sold on him, so I'll believe it when I see it. I'll be happy to let me prove me wrong but he's shown me absolutely nothing thus far.
          Your wise to question all the hype.

So many want him to be the speedster that we have never had. Take it to the house kind of guy.

While I'd love to see that, the simple percentages say those kinds of players are VERY few and far between.

When he shows it in the regular season field, I'll believe it. Until then I'll be waiting.

Comment

I believe that hillman will turn around, he has to if he wants to play in this league. Tiki Barber struggled with fumbling the football early in his career too. I really think that Hillman and Ball could be something special together. We could see the lightning and thunder 2.0 show

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
              Charles is still a solid pass pro RB and a good receiver... yes, Hillman won't get the opportunities that Jamaal does in KC's offense... I'm just being optimistic as a Bronco fan.
              Don't you know that you are not allowed to be optimistic on these forums. You must be as gloom and doom as possible and say that everything is just coach speak.
              sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
              UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                We can hope it is not all hype.

Honestly the fumbles were not what concerned me the most with Hillman. It was how he struggled in pass protection and was not that elusive in the open field. When he is being armed tackled he never gets to use the speed we have all heard about.
                I agree with your position. Sure, the fumbles were the (opposite of) the icing on the cake, but for me it was that we seemed to be sold some exaggerated PR on the guy coming out of college. That he was "electric", and an excellent change of speed back. I saw a player who had some decent straightaway speed, but had little in the way of one on one elusiveness, which is a disappointing quality when you are not a tough back. And as you said, he was a bit of a liability in pass protection.

Then again, this may be the year he emerges, and if so, I'll be in his corner and forget about what I didn't care for in his game. For us to be completely successful we need Ball to step it up, and have some talent behind him. This year is Hillman's year to take a step forward. He has to.

Comment

I hope he can turn things around because I was really high on him at this point in time last year. The added weight, the intense workout stories, the hype... I thought he was going to be a productive player in 2013 but it just wasn't the case. If he can contribute as the #2 and provide a change of pace in the backfield, I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                    Still just 22 years old, according to coaches, Hillman is now the clear favorite to enter the season as the #2 at RB. According to Studesville (RB coach) we are finally seeing the Hillman that the Broncos drafted him for. He is making plays on the field in TC... hopefully he can also hold onto the football.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...roncos-coaches
                    he looked good last year.....Until he missed the memo that we arent playing two hand touch.....I think same this year. He will get hit a few times and the ball will slip out
                    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      I agree with your position. Sure, the fumbles were the (opposite of) the icing on the cake, but for me it was that we seemed to be sold some exaggerated PR on the guy coming out of college. That he was "electric", and an excellent change of speed back. I saw a player who had some decent straightaway speed, but had little in the way of one on one elusiveness, which is a disappointing quality when you are not a tough back. And as you said, he was a bit of a liability in pass protection.

Then again, this may be the year he emerges, and if so, I'll be in his corner and forget about what I didn't care for in his game. For us to be completely successful we need Ball to step it up, and have some talent behind him. This year is Hillman's year to take a step forward. He has to.

Easy to be electric in the MAC.....He just isnt that fast. He is a 4.4 guy and I dont think he plays even that fast. Plus he breaks no tackles. Bad combo for a little guy...
                      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
                        He's probably too small to run between the tackles and pass block effectively. I hate backs like that. I don't think he'll become anything. Hopefully he proves me wrong.
                        I think he will.

Comment

After Ronnie puts his first ball outa 10 on the ground, can we put this fantasy to bed for good?

Comment

If we stop using Hillman how SD used Sproles his last year in SD and start using Hillman how NO used Sproles his first year in NO every will be happy with him.

It is amazing how much better a player can appear to be just in how coaches get him the ball

Of course this observation is based on 2012 because we did not see much of Hillman at all in 2013 because of other issues that need to be corrected before we can even really consider how he is being used.
                            Skill + Effort = Talent. Talent + Effort = Achievement. A. Duckworth - Grit.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                              Can he mature and wrap his mind around football? Can he stop fumbling the ball? Will he live up to his pick expectations?

All those questions were asked about none other than Knowshon. And he really stepped up. It is debatable whether or not Knowshon lived up to his pick expectation. But he really did pull a 180 and earn his spot as our starting back.

Why can't Hillman do it?

With Knowmo, I saw flashes of something more from him. He at least looked like if he could get his crap together he could be a starting back. I've never seen anything to make me think that the hillman pick was a wise one.
                              sigpic

Comment

I really hope that the annual Hillman hype is real this year. That would be great for him and the Broncos. But, we've heard this all before. I've never seen much of anything. The speed has never been noticeable. When he gets hit it looks like what physics should. That's not a good thing for a small back. He's always looked a bit overmatched.
                                Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Working...
                                X