X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    Back to Hillman

I really like what we saw in the preseason game. I think Hillman is running with more decisiveness and behind a very good OL.

The OL really impressed me on the goaline TD run.

I think as long as we not putting Hillman in situations that we expect him to break tackles or run over people he will look good.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
    Knowshown never put it in the floor like Hillman.
    At one point Moreno had a huge problem with fumbles. During his first two years alone I remember 3 fumbles going out of bounds or one split seconds after he crossed the end zone. Funny people thought the end zone fumble at the time was no problem but later that same year he fumbled in the exact same situation except this time it was ruled he fumbled before he entered the end zone. At one time the ONLY RB who was fumbling more then Moreno in fumbles per touches was AP...and those only counted his actual fumbles lost and not his "fumbles" that he got lucky on.

IMO he tried to do more then he was abilities allowed him to do and this lead to his fumbling issues. A player needs to play within their own abilities and it took Moreno a while to learn this imo.

He got allot better all around, not just ball security, 2012 and 2013 but Moreno was not near as good as most Bronco fans thought he was 2009-2011. Even in 2012 he was benched a big chunk of the year in large part because of his ball security issues.

Moreno himself said he learned allot while benched as he watched film on other backs allot because it was his job week to week to play the role of the opposing teams backs in practice.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    I really hope that Hillman has 2 fumbles this week and falls off the depth chart. Maybe that is messed up but the guy brings nothing even remotly good to the table. He is a small player that cant break a lot of tackles and is to slow to get around the corner, he is a bad receiver, and struggles blocking cheerleaders let alone blitzing LBs, and he fumbles....I would rather see some of the young players that might be able to help this team do things other than lose games

Leave a comment:

• montee2ball
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Knowshon had a reputation as a bust before he showed what he could do.
    After watching him this year he needs to stop dancing and hit the hole.
    Knowshown never put it in the floor like Hillman.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Thompson looked like a legit zone-blocking RB. Just make your one cut and get going down hill .... not fancy... just meat and potatoes production.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    I still don't have a clear picture and stats don't tell the whole story. Just like Thompson and bibbs had a good run called back so did Hillman on one he managed to get outside and pick up a first.

the 9 yard run was a solid run that first run was bad. The one Thomas got him was a great defensive play. Then there was one where jt showed he cannot block as he completely missed his guy and Hillman was caught in the backfield.

next week should be a goof test for Hillman and Thompson since I'm guessing he will get reps since CJ will probably be out

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    With 6 carries and 1 reception so far as a sample of Hillman's 2014 version, I'd give him positive marks for ball security and that 9-yard run between the tackles. The 2.5 YPC was not impressive. On his first carry, Hillman had a chance to bounce outside and use his speed but hesitated. On another play, he carried the ball in the wrong arm (run to the left side when he was tackled by E. Thomas). I still think Hillman evades very few tackles for a small RB. He will have a roster spot, but it's uncertain if he will be #2, #3 or #4. One fumble can change everything.

At this point, it is just natural to wonder what Juwan Thompson can do with the starters while C.J. Anderson deals with a concussion. Thompson excelled in his first preseason action and we want to see more. If that game was a flash in the pan, we'll know. Even if he does not surpass Hillman, Thompson will at least push C.J. Anderson. Bibbs is another player that can push Anderson and compete for the final spot at RB.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    It's hard for me to judge Hillman. His body of work consists of sporadic carries here and there. I firmly believe that rbs have to get in a rhythm when they run the ball. You can't do that when your carries are few and far between. I also think running Hillman up the gut (the majority of his carries) is wasting his talent. When we run stretch plays with him he consistently gets solid yardage.
    Disagree. sometimes yes. not consistently.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
    If you can't run inside in this league, you're in big trouble. Hillman looks like an outside runner who isn't a particularly skilled receiver and may never be big enough to block LBs. I'm very skeptical he ever becomes something.
    you are so correct being a one trick pony (small horse) will not get you a starting job.

Thompson showed a lot more in inside outside and pass pro something hillman has not yet shown.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Those six carries just confirmed what he has shown over the past two seasons to me.

What role does he fill? He does not seem to have the power or size to be an every down RB. He has not been consistently explosive or elusive to be a change of pace RB. What makes him stand out in your opinion?

I was disappointed he did not show a bit more. The "rave reviews" from training camp and Ball being out gave him an opportunity to prove himself. He didn't. He looked very average.

He is on the bubble IMO. Going to be interesting to see if the Broncos keep him.
    the rave reviews were a comment about him coming into camp determined. beyond that commnets from ONE coach not much else.

hype to sell newspapers IMO.

hillman zombies will believe anything for their man crush.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
    If you can't run inside in this league, you're in big trouble. Hillman looks like an outside runner who isn't a particularly skilled receiver and may never be big enough to block LBs. I'm very skeptical he ever becomes something.
    I believe he can run up the middle, just that it needs to be set up. Get the defense thinking outside and it'll soften up the middle.

Leave a comment:

• Iron Clady
    replied

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    As far as Hillman you can look at his body of work. He's unimpressive until proven otherwise. It's not like those carries are the only ones of his career.
    It's hard for me to judge Hillman. His body of work consists of sporadic carries here and there. I firmly believe that rbs have to get in a rhythm when they run the ball. You can't do that when your carries are few and far between. I also think running Hillman up the gut (the majority of his carries) is wasting his talent. When we run stretch plays with him he consistently gets solid yardage.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I hope Thompson gets some carries against ones, with the ones next game. Especially against a defense like the 49ers, even if they are banged up.

I also would like to see Hillman get the ball on some screens and get him outside where he has a chance to use whatever "speed" he may have. If he can't make some plays in the open field, on screens and/or outside than he probably does not fill the "role" the Broncos need him to fill.
    If CJ is out next week, both Bibbs and Thompson should get more carries

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    I hope Thompson gets some carries against ones, with the ones next game. Especially against a defense like the 49ers, even if they are banged up.

I also would like to see Hillman get the ball on some screens and get him outside where he has a chance to use whatever "speed" he may have. If he can't make some plays in the open field, on screens and/or outside than he probably does not fill the "role" the Broncos need him to fill.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X