Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Peyton Manning “Will Go Deep” This Year

- Report: Peyton Manning “Will Go Deep” This Year -

"One of my favorite Broncos beat writers is Cecil Lammey. When it comes to football knowledge, you won’t find a beat writer with more than Lammey. He has a scout’s football acumen and it makes for enlightening and in depth reading.

In a recent post, Lammey talked about Peyton Manning’s increased arm strength and new found penchant for the deep ball.

With 2014 being Manning’s 3rd with the Broncos, his arm strength has been steadily improving. This time last year, guys like Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker were praising the Sheriff’s arm and opining that they felt like the balls were coming in with a speedier velocity.

This year’s version of Manning has been no exception. Lammey reports that Demaryius Thomas dropped a Manning pass recently, because he didn’t expect the ball to get there so quickly.

As Manning’s arm strength relates to the deep ball, Lammey said this:" ...

http://predominantlyorange.com/2014/...-go-deep-year/

I think it all depends on the O Line... I think Manning has made them look really good in the short passing game. They will have to step up and give him more than 2.3 seconds (made up number - someone can find the real one if they like) to throw if we are to go deep. However, a solid running game will keep the opposing D honest, and could allow for some quick series and leads in the score department that would remind us all of the old late 90s Broncos
    Kyle: Dude! I almost thought those Afghani kids talked you into not liking America.
    Stan: No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.
    Kyle: Yeah.
    Stan:<salutes the American flag> Go America.
    Kyle:<salutes> Go America...

Kyle: Go Broncos.
    Stan: Yeah, go Broncos.
    Cartman: Yeah.

Comment

He had a good performance in training camp, I hope he can do it

Comment

5 Reasons Why Peyton Manning Can Win 6th MVP Award in 2014

5 Reasons Why Peyton Manning Can Win 6th MVP Award in 2014-

"Peyton Manning completed the most statistically impressive regular season by a quarterback when he threw for 55 touchdowns and 5,477 passing yards in 2013. Manning won his NFL-record fifth MVP award as well. No player in NFL history has won more than three. Despite losing a couple of key starters from the Denver Broncos' 2013 offensive unit, here are five reasons why Manning can realistically win his sixth MVP award."

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/0...BS&city=denver

Comment

Tennessee pays tribute to Peyton Manning in a big way

-Tennessee pays tribute to Peyton Manning in a big way-

"The Tennessee Volunteers' football facilities are not only some of the nicest in the country, but they also serve as a tribute to former players and coaches.

It's not uncommon for programs like Tennessee to have these shrines throughout their facilities, but the Volunteers take it to a whole new level.

Peyton Manning, arguably the Volunteers' most notable alumnus, is considered a legend in Knoxville. So it's only fitting that Tennessee have a room completely dedicated to him." ...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...e_to_peyt.html

Comment

Peyton Manning says there is still plenty for him to work on

-Peyton Manning says there is still plenty for him to work on-

"Peyton Manning tells Jim Miller & Pat Kirwan that there is still plenty for him to work on."

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnfl/p...him-to-work-on

Comment

-Jim Miller & Pat Kirwan break down their players to watch from Broncos camp-

"Jim Miller & Pat Kirwan break down their players to watch from Broncos camp.

Hear more great analysis from our 2014 Training Camp Tour by listening to SiriusXM NFL Radio Channel 88!"

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnfl/j...m-broncos-camp

Comment

Denver Broncos' record-setting Peyton Manning is as focused as ever

-Denver Broncos' record-setting Peyton Manning is as focused as ever-

"Peyton Manning has a different way of looking at the Pro Football Hall of Fame these days.

"I used to watch the Hall of Fame [ceremonies] and I could remember I'd always call my dad," the Denver quarterback said this week, standing with a reporter beside a Broncos practice field. "I'd say, 'Dad, give me a breakdown on Claude Humphrey.' Those were the guys going in. And now, heck, I can give a breakdown, because I played against them. I played against [Derrick] Brooks. I played against Andre Reed toward the end. I know [Warren] Sapp and these guys going in."

Even closer to home for Manning, 38, is that Marvin Harrison was eligible for induction this year, and Edgerrin James will be eligible next year. Manning, Harrison and James formed the "Lethal Weapon 3" trio for the Indianapolis Colts a decade ago.

But Manning has shown few signs of age. He is coming off his NFL-record fifth most-valuable-player award, and no one else has more than three.

Manning collected a slew of NFL individual single-season records, among them 55 touchdown passes, 5,477 yards passing and nine four-touchdown passing games; and the Broncos set NFL team records with 606 points, 76 touchdowns, and five players with at least 10 touchdowns." ...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la...mn.html#page=1

Comment

Peyton truly is our team at this point. A season after him we are picking in the top 5 again. Which may not be a bad thing.

Comment

He will do what he said.

Comment

good thread

Comment

"... and a balcony for Manning to observe practice when he is on campus."

I bet it would be weird to be in a room with giant pictures of yourself all over. I wonder if he could comfortably hang out there and "observe practice"
                        Kyle: Dude! I almost thought those Afghani kids talked you into not liking America.
                        Stan: No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.
                        Kyle: Yeah.
                        Stan:<salutes the American flag> Go America.
                        Kyle:<salutes> Go America...

Kyle: Go Broncos.
                        Stan: Yeah, go Broncos.
                        Cartman: Yeah.

Comment

The passing game looks to be dominant once again and that opens the door for another MVP.
                          sigpic

Comment

No offense, but all these "5 reasons" this and "10 reasons" that articles get overwhelmingly redundant and are too often borderline fantasy.

I can't wait for the regular season to start so we can have some real meat and potatoes writing; it will be a nice change of pace.

Comment

Working...
                            X