Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvin Austin finally healthy in Year 4

- Marvin Austin finally healthy in Year 4 -

"Marvin Austin was an afterthought in the Denver Broncos' $110 million defensive makeover this offseason.

Long after fellow free agents DeMarcus Ware, Aqib Talib and T.J. Ward signed their mega deals and posed with their orange jerseys, Austin slipped into town in May and quietly began his latest comeback.

The fourth-year defensive tackle who signed a one-year, $570,000 contract might just prove to be general manager John Elway's latest rummage-sale find to produce a big payoff.

''Camp has gone pretty good,'' said Austin, who moved up Tuesday to take snaps with the starters. ''Most importantly I feel great, healthy, just going out there and playing with the guys. It's great to be back in football, back able to move around like I'm supposed to, like people know I can.

''And the coaches just want to see what I can do out there against the 1s. We've got the top offense in the league and they just wanted to see can I bring that tenacity and fire against the 1s.''" ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/marvin-...6344--nfl.html

Good for him. He was against the ropes.
    sigpic

Comment

I remember a lot of people, probably myself included, furious that we took Moore and Franklin when we had a chance to get Austin in the 2nd round of 2011. Obviously Moore and Franklin were better picks in that they were able to stay on the field, but Austin has a lot of talent. It'd be a nice bonus for the DL if he can stay healthy and show the form he had coming out of UNC. Glad to hear he's healthy and getting a chance to contribute.
      A book I wrote

Comment

This may be a dumb question but does anyone know how many snaps he 'll see tonight?

Considering that it is pre season and his injury history, he may not see much but I'd like to see him in the mix for a significant amount if playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
          This may be a dumb question but does anyone know how many snaps he 'll see tonight?

Considering that it is pre season and his injury history, he may not see much but I'd like to see him in the mix for a significant amount if playing time.
          I think it will be the opposite. I think our staff will want to see a lot him because of the quality of depth at the position currently.
          sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Thank you much appreciated!

Btw here a short article from two days ago for anyone who didn't see.
            http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/08/0...training-camp/
            I'm really excited for Marvin and the Broncos! If all goes we'll and no injuries, it could be a match made in heaven!

Comment

Good news, now

Comment

Working...
              X