even though he did throw for over 300 yards against the number 1 pass D

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, Os also threw his first interception of his NFL career in the Seattle game. I think getting that monkey off his back will also help with his growth and consistency.
      sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        None of this has anything to do with, or refutes, the idea that Os has not shown the ability to consistent drive the field and score points.

I also think your list is way off base. Most young QBs don't put in work??? What they do, just hang around hope they improve? Os willingly throws into a hit?

You say everything that shows poor QB play, Os does the opposite of....how about throwing TDs and scoring points....he seems to do the opposite of that so far. Questioning someone's ability to score points is not hate. I don't understand why people, like you, believe not singing praises is hate.

As I have said, maybe he will get better but so far, he doesn't score points.
        How many good young QB's are talked about to have a never ending work ethic? How many are at the facilities before the coaches? They all work hard but I can only really think of 2 that I have heard commented about like that, Wilson and luck. The others work hard but not that scary kind of work ethic.

So you don't think a QB should step into a hit to deliver a throw??? That's what great QBs do, they don't fear any hit so they can make the pass. If you don't want that in a QB then you and Blaine gabbert can go start a club together. OZ stepped into 2 Seahawks defenders and a offensive lineman right in his face on the game winning TD pass.

Idk what your looking at or how you watched the game but OZ had 3 dropped passes, 1 pass where the TE fell after OZ let go of the pass and 1 VERY CATCHABLE pass that dropped right in on the wr but he couldn't locate it in the air. IF ALL THOSE WR DO THEIR JOB LIKE OZ DID he would've been sitting at 11/12 185 yards 1/1 TD/int. But you don't like to talk about that part of the game though do you. OZ also led them on 3 scoring drives but prater missed the FG at the end of the half.

Do you also not want to talk about how he basically had no protection and GOT AWAY FROM 3 SACKS like Ben roethlisberger. Maybe go back and actually watch the game bro, OZ looked good in his reads and his throws.
        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
          How many good young QB's are talked about to have a never ending work ethic? How many are at the facilities before the coaches? They all work hard but I can only really think of 2 that I have heard commented about like that, Wilson and luck. The others work hard but not that scary kind of work ethic.

So you don't think a QB should step into a hit to deliver a throw??? That's what great QBs do, they don't fear any hit so they can make the pass. If you don't want that in a QB then you and Blaine gabbert can go start a club together. OZ stepped into 2 Seahawks defenders and a offensive lineman right in his face on the game winning TD pass.

Idk what your looking at or how you watched the game but OZ had 3 dropped passes, 1 pass where the TE fell after OZ let go of the pass and 1 VERY CATCHABLE pass that dropped right in on the wr but he couldn't locate it in the air. IF ALL THOSE WR DO THEIR JOB LIKE OZ DID he would've been sitting at 11/12 185 yards 1/1 TD/int. But you don't like to talk about that part of the game though do you. OZ also led them on 3 scoring drives but prater missed the FG at the end of the half.

Do you also not want to talk about how he basically had no protection and GOT AWAY FROM 3 SACKS like Ben roethlisberger. Maybe go back and actually watch the game bro, OZ looked good in his reads and his throws.
          you hear that about most every young QB...here is an example from Tebow...

Not to mention his intangibles, this is what everyone raves about when talking about his football playing ability. He is one of the hardest working players ever, he leads by example (first one to the building, last one to leave), he is very intelligent, no off-the-field issues, and refuses to quit.

Os is the greatest QB...EVER!!!!! is that what you want to hear????
          Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-13-2014, 01:55 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

you hear that about most every young QB...here is an example from Tebow...

Not to mention his intangibles, this is what everyone raves about when talking about his football playing ability. He is one of the hardest working players ever, he leads by example (first one to the building, last one to leave), he is very intelligent, no off-the-field issues, and refuses to quit.

Os is the greatest QB...EVER!!!!! is that what you want to hear????
            No he still has a long way too go but some fans need to stop acting deaf, dumb and blind to the fact that he is performing at a higher level then before and has grown as a QB.

REPEAT HE STILL HAS A LONG WAY TO GO, but this performance WHEN ACTUALLY WATCHED and not just stat cherry picked shows that The kid is probably going to be here a while if he continues to grow.

this is why some of us call people OZ haters. Cause they choose to just hate OZ instead of looking at all the good plays he made.
            Last edited by crash123go; 08-13-2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

No he still has a long way too go but some fans need to stop acting deaf, dumb and blind to the fact that he is performing at a higher level then before and has grown as a QB.

REPEAT HE STILL HAS A LONG WAY TO GO, but this performance WHEN ACTUALLY WATCHED and not just stat cherry picked shows that The kid is probably going to be here a while if he continues to grow.

this is why some of us call people OZ haters. Cause they choose to just hate OZ instead of looking at all the good plays he made.
              ...which is what many of us are waiting for. that development to happen and to be seen on the field before we anoint him the next long term answer at QB.
              sigpic

Comment

...which is what many of us are waiting for. that development to happen and to be seen on the field before we anoint him the next long term answer at QB.
                Ya but your not looking at the field your looking at the stat box and ignoring what he does on the field. That's my point.

Comment

Ya but your not looking at the field your looking at the stat box and ignoring what he does on the field. That's my point.
                  I don't think what I see is nearly as impressive to me as it is to you. I see a lot of inconsistency. he makes some good throws and some bad throws. he makes some good reads and some bad. he doesn't stand in the pocket when he should, sometimes he does. sometimes he holds the ball too long, sometimes he throws it on time. he still doesn't throw very often and he doesn't complete a high % of those throws. I am unsure why he doesn't throw very often. it could be a decision by the coaches to help build his confidence, it could be a lack of confidence in his ability. It could be they are working on evaluating the running game.

This past game was his best yet but it is still just one game and he really only had 1 good drive in the 3 quarters he played. I still see a lot of work to be done, which you said as well but this is his 3rd season and if he is as good as you believe, I think he should be doing much better by now.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
                    If I'm not mistaken, Os also threw his first interception of his NFL career in the Seattle game. I think getting that monkey off his back will also help with his growth and consistency.
                    That was his 4th INT. he has 2 TD passes and 4 INTs so far.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oz has shown tremendous improvement and has thrown two TDs in each of the last two preseason games. I have to say we keep three on the roster. Manning is getting old and you never know when he will take the injury that sidelines him for awhile. If Manning were to go down for any length of time, Oz would be the starting QB. With only two on the roster when Oz has to steep in, your banking on him not getting hurt. If he were to get hurt, you would have to have a receiver or someone else take over. I have seen a few times where a team needed to turn to their third QB because of injury to both starter and backup.
                      sigpic

Comment

First off Manning has rarely ever been hurt during his career up to this point. Other than his one missed season he has not missed a single game. Heck if he misses even just a few snaps in a season it is shocking to say the least. So I don't think you have to worry about him as much as you would teams that depend on their running back to run it as well as pass it. He just doesn't take the hits that other quarterbacks do. Heck so far in the preseason after 2 games he has only been hit once. So keeping 2 quarterbacks really isn't that scary. Throw in then the idea that he and Osweiler would go down in the same game just doesn't happen very often. Yes it could happen but again not very often. The Broncos can stick Dysert on the Practice Squad (he is eligible) so if by the off chance Manning would get hurt (knock on wood) the next game we would have a guy come in as a back up that has played in our system for a couple of years.

Comment

Not reading through the whole thread but from a roster prospective, i'd keep 2 QB's.

Just so many other spots might need that extra depth-spot (DL, DB, OL, etc)

Comment

Working...
                          X