Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Holliday's replacement proves difficult

- Finding Holliday's replacement proves difficult -

"For the past two years, one of the biggest questions facing the Denver Broncos was whether Trindon Holliday was going to return a kick to the end zone or turn it over.

The Broncos got tired of watching him fumble and so in the offseason they parted ways with the fleet-footed return man who was equal parts electric and enigmatic with six TD returns and nine fumbles during his time in Denver.

While a hamstring injury has sidelined Holliday with his new team, the New York Giants, the Broncos wrapped up training camp still looking for his replacement on kick and punt returns.

It's the only real mystery on the AFC champs' reloaded roster." ...

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/findin...4936--nfl.html

as of right now it seems to be Norwood that has a strong hold on that, but we will see what Burse has to say about that

Comment

I'd like to see roby back there, this is something that can build his confidence if returns a few. It'll keep his mind right as he goes through his rookie growing pains. He has the speed and agility to be great at it.

Comment

I don't care who it is as long as they don't fumble. We don't need our returner to win the game, we just can't have them loosing it.
        ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

Norwood has been impressive so far and unlike Holliday, he can help out on offense
          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
            I don't care who it is as long as they don't fumble. We don't need our returner to win the game, we just can't have them loosing it.
            agreed with this

We may not be able to find a guy as explosive as Holliday but with this offense we do not need to.

Just need a guy who will hold onto the ball and get what he can. Hopefully it does not have to be a starter because return guys can take some beatings.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
              While I appreciate the sentiment of the OP, I have to agree with the above. Holliday was a high risk / high reward player that devolved as the season progressed to high risk / little-to-no reward. He is crazy fast in open field but teams figured out (rightly so) that his size leaves him very vulnerable.

If you have problems catching and holding on to the ball and make bad decisions when to catch and when not to catch, you are not being a valuable contributor to the team.

Who ever returns kick offs and punts will (should) hopefully be better but they could hardly be any worse.

The added benefit of someone like Norwood is he can actually be an asset other than ST. Holliday was listed as our 5th or 6th receiver last year (I can't remember... he was last) but did not / could not contribute.

Comment

Why is Sanders hardly getting reps?

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                  Why is Sanders hardly getting reps?
                  thigh injury i believe

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    agreed with this

We may not be able to find a guy as explosive as Holliday but with this offense we do not need to.

Just need a guy who will hold onto the ball and get what he can. Hopefully it does not have to be a starter because return guys can take some beatings.
                    Few player have holidays burst. But most have better common sense and hands to hold on to the ball.

Sometime young players rely on being an athlete and forget that many if not most players in the NFL are as good as they are and have more experience.

All I want is the returners to do is hang on to the ball, not make stupid decisions( catching the ball inside the 10), and getting a few positive yards to better field postion.

Most of all hang onto the ball.

Comment

Working...
                    X