Broncos Cuts 8/29 - 8/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    I hate losing Big Vick, I guess we can all agree he is this year's surprise cut
    Pot Roast isn't happy about it, always gotta keep it in your head that it's a business. This was a business move.
    Denver doesn't think he's worth his contract.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      Pot Roast isn't happy about it, always gotta keep it in your head that it's a business. This was a business move.
      Denver doesn't think he's worth his contract.
      Exactly, I hate it, but I understand it. Sly took the starting job when he went down and never looked back. What sealed his fate was Marvin Austin beasting. He probably wouldn't have taken a pay cut so we didn't offer.
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Bennie Fowler waived.

Comment

• Sucks about Bibbs I was really rooting for him. Hope he makes it to the PS. I would like to have kept Big Vic but understandable
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by jrod48 View Post
            I know this might generate some controversy but, IMO Zach is a better QB than Osweiller.
            I think we made a mistake in releasing Zach.

The Raiders are in dire need of a QB, I hope they don't pick up Zach, because it will come and bite us in the butt!
            It's not even close at this point. OZ showed he is a talent this preseason which is why they let Dysert walk.
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
              I hate losing Big Vick, I guess we can all agree he is this year's surprise cut
              Saw it coming months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrod48 View Post
                I know this might generate some controversy but, IMO Zach is a better QB than Osweiller.
                I think we made a mistake in releasing Zach.

The Raiders are in dire need of a QB, I hope they don't pick up Zach, because it will come and bite us in the butt!

The Faiders have Schaub, Carr, and McGloin. I doubt they would trade any of them for Dysert.
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
                  Neckbeard!
                  Those were great times, lol! None of this SB or undefeated talk. We just wanted to win more than 8 games!!! 5 seasons is definetly an eternity in the NFL.
                  #swapping

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    If Peyton gets hurt and Oz gets hurt. At that point Denver is getting ready for next season....and a top 10 draft pick.
                    I doubt that. In fact I could see us still being a top 10 offense. OZ led the second unit to 7 TD drives and 3 FG I believe, that's with 3 missed FG. He also played with a sieve of a offensive line that gave him no time and some of the most inconsistent wr at catching the ball.

I feel EXTREMELY confident that if anything happened to Manning this is still a 10-12 win team.

Comment

• Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                      I doubt that. In fact I could see us still being a top 10 offense. OZ led the second unit to 7 TD drives and 3 FG I believe, that's with 3 missed FG. He also played with a sieve of a offensive line that gave him no time and some of the most inconsistent wr at catching the ball.

I feel EXTREMELY confident that if anything happened to Manning this is still a 10-12 win team.
                      Second unit. That means he's playing against back ups, too.

All of that aside, this team has the talent to be a playoff team as long as we have someone behind center that can manage games. If Oz needs to go in for a game or two, we'll be fine. It remains to be seen if he's "the future", but he has shown enough that we'll be able to trust him in spots.
                      RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
                      :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                        I feel relieved we cut Dysert and Bibbs

I don't like losing Big Vick. He's been here long enough to have a real investment here. Sucks so bad he got injured last season. BUT - Denver has to be smart where they're putting the money. Vick was likely cut solely because of his price - that and of course his health is in question after a pretty major injury. If Vick wasn't so expensive I think things could have been different - at least I hope that is the case.

Either way - I'm going to miss Vick. I didn't know who he was when he first got here but as time passed I became a fan. Then he continued to reinforce my fanaticism. He'll play elsewhere - Good luck Big Vick - he'll win the hearts of fans somewhere else - hopefully not in the afcW
                        My take, too. IMO Vickerson and Unrein played about the same, but Unrein is cheaper and the cap is an issue. Also, Unrein is before Vickerson alphabetically.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Mantheyman View Post
                          Second unit. That means he's playing against back ups, too.

All of that aside, this team has the talent to be a playoff team as long as we have someone behind center that can manage games. If Oz needs to go in for a game or two, we'll be fine. It remains to be seen if he's "the future", but he has shown enough that we'll be able to trust him in spots.
                          Lol he hasn't shown he's the future? And what would he have to do flip the OZ haters? Have 100% completion? Throw a TD every drive? Please.

He's shown that he has the ability to play QB in this league and he has shown why Elway has tabbed him the franchise QB. He may not be a franchise QB to some fans but he is to the person who makes all the calls.
                          Last edited by crash123go; 08-30-2014, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            My take, too. IMO Vickerson and Unrein played about the same, but Unrein is cheaper and the cap is an issue. Also, Unrein is before Vickerson alphabetically.
                            Well, Unrein was definitely playing better this preseason. Looks like he took a little jump in ability. Plus he's way younger then Vick and most people don't realize but Vick has finished 2/3 years on IR, at 31 that doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
                            Last edited by crash123go; 08-30-2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                              Well, Unrein was definitely playing better this preseason. Looks like he took a little jump in ability. Plus he's way younger then Vick and most people don't realize but Vick has finished 2/3 years on IR, at 33 that doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
                              ... four years ...
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                ... four years ...
                                In the NFL that's a career. That's 4 years of abuse and wear and tear. Average career span in the NFL is 3 1/2 so ya I think it matters a little.

Comment

Working...
                                X