X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Release Prater

Adam Schefter
    5 mins ·

Broncos releasing K Matt Prater, who's coming off 4-game suspension, per source. Brandon McManus wins Denver kicking job.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

dont like this....We better not have games come down to 55 yarders....
    sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Who saw this coming?

I sure didn't! I was expecting him to come back with the team on Monday following a win over Arizona.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac

sigpic

Comment

Looks my initial question was a very valid one.

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
          dont like this....We better not have games come down to 55 yarders....
          I don't like it either. He will be picked up by someone for sure, hope that doesn't come back to bite us.

sigpic

Comment

Oh my....that's not good. Love the prater.
            sigpic

Comment

I'll admit, I saw the possibility but NEVER expected it as reality. Crazy. Let's hope McManus is everything we want him to be.

Comment

This is a huge move imo, the guy holds the record for the longest FG in the HISTORY of the NFL ... that's not something you can really replace but I guess they love the fact that there are no returns on kickoffs with McMannus kicking.

Comment

McManus better have a very strong leg. That's a shame, I liked Prater a lot. Best of luck to him.
                  sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                  Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

What's the rationale for releasing him? Is McManus really that good?
                    Married to the most amazing member on this board Broncoholic JS.

Comment

Not surprised at all. I thought with four weeks to eyeball McManus they'd make this decision if they felt he was good enough. I guess he's good enough.

Prater is a good kicker and had a great year last year. But for 3M plus a year he should be a no drama type player. Some players get some tolerance, a kicker, NOPE.

I'd rather throw some of his cash to a player we need to sign that plays more than 5% of the snaps. McManus first job is the make the opposing O go 80 yards every time, make extra points and be above average from distance.
                      Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Report: Broncos releasing Matt Prater, Broncos keeping Brandon McManus

Interesting development...

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - ESPN football insider Adam Schefter is reporting that the Denver Broncos are releasing kicker Matt Prater.

Schefter is reporting that fill-in kicker Brandon McManus won the starting job...

Read More

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic MS View Post
                          What's the rationale for releasing him? Is McManus really that good?
                          McManus has a strong leg evidence is that no one is returning kicks because they are out the back of the endzone even at sealevel. But he hasn't been test with FG kicking. But than you have the high salary for Prater to take into account also.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

Wait a minute. He hits the cap for 4+ mil next season, I believe. There's got to be much more to the story. I really don't understand this right now.

Comment

Wow! I guess it makes sense but as a UCF alumni I wish this didn't happen.
                              My other love...
                              sigpic
                              305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Working...
                              X