Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 NFL Power Rankings: Week 6--ESPN Ranks Us 2nd After Week 5

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

I agree with our ranking here. I think Seattle continues to deserve top billing based on our their victory over us. But they will lose again this season. Washington gave them a better run than they should have.

And yes, San Diego deserves #3.

Here's their top 10 (The Pats are #11)

1 Seahawks 3-1 Russell Wilson kept finding room to run. Wilson rushed for 122 yards, the most by a quarterback on Monday Night Football, including 85 yards off scrambles.

2 Broncos 3-1 Brett Favre's record of 508 touchdown passes is squarely in Peyton Manning's sights (503). Demaryius Thomas' breakout game (career-high 226 receiving yards and no drops) will only help him get there faster.

3 Chargers 4-1 San Diego shut out the Jets for the first time in 34 meetings. Branden Oliver had 114 rushing yards and a touchdown. If not already, start taking these guys seriously.

4 Eagles 4-1 Philadelphia tied a season high with 145 rushing yards in RT Lane Johnson's first game back from suspension. Nick Foles was 9-of-12 for 111 yards and a touchdown on play-action passes.

5 Bengals 3-1 Yikes. Among the many issues Sunday night was converting on third down. Cincinnati was 0-for-7, the second time since 2001 the Bengals didn't convert a single third-down play.

6 Cowboys 4-1 Elias says DeMarco Murray has joined one heck of a list. Murray, O.J. Simpson and Jim Brown are the only players to open a season with five straight 100-yard rushing games.

7 49ers 3-2 Frank Gore had acres of space Sunday (18 rushes for 107 yards). Gore wasn't contacted on his average rush until almost 5 yards (4.8) beyond the line of scrimmage.

8 Colts 3-2 Andrew Luck was 8-of-9 for 129 yards in the fourth quarter Sunday, including 4-of-4 for 107 yards on throws at least 15 yards downfield. Luck's playing as well as anyone.

9 Packers 3-2 Finally, a team to run against. Eddie Lacy ran for 78 yards before contact against Minnesota Thursday night. He had 80 rushing yards before contact total in Green Bay's first four games.

10 Cardinals 3-1 Logan Thomas threw an 81-yard touchdown pass Sunday, the first touchdown of his career. It was his other throws that didn't work (0-for-7).

What's most incredible about San Diego at number three is that they have all those injuries and they're still playing like that.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

So, NFL.com has the "If the season ended today," this is what the playoff picture would be"

Here are their predictions:

AFC Seeds

1. SD
      2. Cinn
      3. Colts
      4. Buff
      5. Denver
      6. Houston

NFC

1. Phil
      2. Arizona
      3. Carolina
      4. Detroit
      5. Dallas
      6. Seattle

I think the writer is definitely on drugs. Buffalo over Denver? Seattle as the 6th seed? I know these are silly at this point, but if you do these, at least one needs some sense of reality! I understand us being 5th in this scenario as it assumes SD as our division winner, but this just seems really off. Arizona being division winner in NFC West? Don't think so. Eagles as overall #1 seed in NFC?
      Last edited by broncoslover115; 10-07-2014, 12:23 PM.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post

So, NFL.com has the "If the season ended today," this is what the playoff picture would be"

AFC Seeds

1. SD
        2. Cinn
        3. Colts
        4. Buff
        5. Denver
        6. Houston

NFC

1. Phil
        2. Arizona
        3. Carolina
        4. Detroit
        5. Dallas
        6. Seattle

I think the writer is definitely on drugs. Buffalo over Denver? Seattle as the 6th seed? I know these are silly at this point, but if you do these, at least one needs some sense of reality!
        In that scenario Buffalo would be ahead of Denver because we would be a wildcard team and they would have won their division. Does not mean they would have a better record though.
        Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
        Supporting this staff!
        Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

AFC Seeds

1. SD
          2. Cinn
          3. Colts
          4. Buff
          5. Denver
          6. Houston

NFC

1. Phil
          2. Arizona
          3. Carolina
          4. Detroit
          5. Dallas
          6. Seattle

I think the writer is definitely on drugs. Buffalo over Denver? Seattle as the 6th seed? I know these are silly at this point, but if you do these, at least one needs some sense of reality!
          They are correct. If the season ended today and no more games were played, San Diego would hold the tie breaker based off comon opponents (they beat seattle we didn't) which means they would take the division. We would be first wildcard and 5th seed in the playoffs. No one is on drugs, that is literally what the playoff seeding would look like if no more games were played.

The season doesn't end today so it's a moot point.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay2Javon4life View Post
            In that scenario Buffalo would be ahead of Denver because we would be a wildcard team and they would have won their division. Does not mean they would have a better record though.
            Yeah, I just edited my post understanding that we'd be #2 in our division in this scenario.

Comment

NFL.COM has us at #3 and Bolts at #1 if you can believe that!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-hit-no-1-spot

Same with FOX:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/power-rankings

CBS has us at #2 behind Seattle:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

AFC Seeds

1. SD
                2. Cinn
                3. Colts
                4. Buff
                5. Denver
                6. Houston

NFC

1. Phil
                2. Arizona
                3. Carolina
                4. Detroit
                5. Dallas
                6. Seattle

I think the writer is definitely on drugs. Buffalo over Denver? Seattle as the 6th seed? I know these are silly at this point, but if you do these, at least one needs some sense of reality! I understand us being 5th in this scenario as it assumes SD as our division winner, but this just seems really off. Arizona being division winner in NFC West? Don't think so. Eagles as overall #1 seed in NFC?
                This is not a prediction. This is the current seeding. The writer is just reporting what the NFL really looks like today.

Comment

AFC Seeds

1. SD
                  2. Cinn
                  3. Colts
                  4. Buff
                  5. Denver
                  6. Houston

NFC

1. Phil
                  2. Arizona
                  3. Carolina
                  4. Detroit
                  5. Dallas
                  6. Seattle

He's not on drugs, he's 100% correct -- that's not based on opinion, it's based on current Division standings. Because the Broncos have played one game less than the Chargers, they will be behind them until the Chargers lose (to the Broncos or to anyone) or take their bye (provided Denver wins all the games ahead).

Comment

Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
                    He's not on drugs, he's 100% correct -- that's not based on opinion, it's based on current Division standings. Because the Broncos have played one game less than the Chargers, they will be behind them until the Chargers lose (to the Broncos or to anyone) or take their bye (provided Denver wins all the games ahead).
                    I got it everyone. I said so in my post above.
                    Last edited by broncoslover115; 10-07-2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I forgot to mention......if we can assemble some sort of run game, we're going to be tough in the end. Just need some consistent proof.

Comment

It's like I'm living in the Twilight Zone. Good thing that everything will sort itself out once we start playing the Bolts. I suspect that won't hold up. I'm a believer that the only team that can contain the Broncos offense in the league is Seattle... And out D is only getting better. I can't wait to crush the Jets next week.
                        2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

lol

10 char

Comment

ooops....I see this has been moved....my mistake.:brick: (hey, I only meant to hit my head a few times.....somebody help me!!)

Comment

Man you just can't make any mistakes at all can you
                              Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

Comment

Working...
                              X