Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gase "Really Frustrated" With Run Game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    actually it was 10.

    I believe that Gase was calling more run plays but Manning made those decisions at the LOS to go to the pass at least until both JT and #10 left the game. Afterthat Not many chances to actually call run plays.
    Yeah people like to blame Gase, but Manning has the go ahead to do whatever he wants to do, and that came from Elway the day we signed Manning.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JayJack View Post
      Yeah people like to blame Gase, but Manning has the go ahead to do whatever he wants to do, and that came from Elway the day we signed Manning.
      I do realize this. I also believe Manning checks out of runs way to much. You can literally watch him do this at the LOS. But no matter who is calling or checking we need balance. And to say we can't run the ball in a game is a joke because at 10 snaps we're still just feeling the D out.
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
        I do realize this. I also believe Manning checks out of runs way to much. You can literally watch him do this at the LOS. But no matter who is calling or checking we need balance. And to say we can't run the ball in a game is a joke because at 10 snaps we're still just feeling the D out.
        in this game you do realize that the rams DL is one of the best in the NFL?

        the only thing that has caused their poor record was NO offense.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Garfield View Post
          in this game you do realize that the rams DL is one of the best in the NFL?

          the only thing that has caused their poor record was NO offense.
          I do realize they have a good D-Line but that doesn't mean we just throw away the run game. No run game means no play action pass which hurts the pass game.

          Balance is important so even if we average 2 yards a run at least there is still a threat of us running, instead of them just knowing they can pin their ears back and go straight for Manning.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Garfield View Post
            in this game you do realize that the rams DL is one of the best in the NFL?

            the only thing that has caused their poor record was NO offense.
            On paper and pre-season hype they are impressive. Same as the Broncos offense.

            In reality the Ram's d-line as a unit is below average. The Rams rank about 18th or higher in overall defense, in passing defense, in rush defense, in sacks (23rd) and scoring. Even after yesterday's thumping of the Broncos they still rank 25th in scoring at 25.8 points a game. None of that has anything to do with their offense.

            And seven of the teams the Broncos have played are ranked higher in defending the rush.

            Broncos continued pitiful performances at rushing the ball has to be fixed. Just not sure they can. This trend is becoming all too familiar. One dimensional teams are easier to defend and beat.

            Comment


            • I wonder if having Peyton in the shotgun pretty much all the time hurts the run game... I mean how many times a game does he take snaps from under center? Has to be lowest percentage in the league.

              This hurts the run game significantly

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
                I wonder if having Peyton in the shotgun pretty much all the time hurts the run game... I mean how many times a game does he take snaps from under center? Has to be lowest percentage in the league.

                This hurts the run game significantly
                That and audibling run plays into pass plays and not running the same old vanilla playbook.
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

                Comment


                • I am not sure there is any great secret as to why the run game sucks. I am more perplexed at why Gase is frustrated.

                  1. You need a competent executed blocking scheme.
                  2. You need backs that can run through the holes and break ONE tackle.

                  It is not rocket physics-- yet Gase is frustrated his repeated failed attempts yield the same results.

                  Lacy looked good this weekend.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
                    I wonder if having Peyton in the shotgun pretty much all the time hurts the run game... I mean how many times a game does he take snaps from under center? Has to be lowest percentage in the league.

                    This hurts the run game significantly
                    teams run well out of shotgun/pistol all the time. That isn't the problem, imo. They never try to establish the run and only run here and there. They have multiple 8-12 play drives where they only run 2 or 3 times. It's hard to get good at something you never do.
                    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 11-17-2014, 06:26 PM.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      teams run well out of shotgun/pistol all the time. That isn't the problem, imo. They never try to establish the run and only run here and there. They have multiple 8-12 play drives where they only run 2 or 3 times. It's hard to get good at something you never do.
                      Teams do have success from a shotgun set...but it isnt the overwhelming set they run from as it is ours...you just cant use it as the primary set...our offense is mainly manning throwing the quick pass from shotgun...any fake handoff is easily exposed because manning the rb and the defense are facing each other....it takes away from play action plays freezing the shallow defense

                      I also think we give manning to much credit for checking out...we run a lot of empty formations with a rb split out or not in ....hows he gonna chck out of a run play if the initial play sent in has no rb ?

                      Manning above anybody understands the need to establish the run and how it would make him better... i doubt hes just checking out of runs like some suggest just to pass
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                      Comment


                      • Again you're not going to run successfully if you don't try to run.
                        sigpic
                        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                          Again you're not going to run successfully if you don't try to run.
                          Get out of here with your lies Jake!
                          sigpic

                          DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            teams run well out of shotgun/pistol all the time. That isn't the problem, imo. They never try to establish the run and only run here and there. They have multiple 8-12 play drives where they only run 2 or 3 times. It's hard to get good at something you never do.
                            It seems that Gase and Manning either don't know about series-based rushing attacks, or have no intention of implementing one.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              It seems that Gase and Manning either don't know about series-based rushing attacks, or have no intention of implementing one.
                              that's the key right there
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Play calling and formations are frustrating me too. Anyone else remember back to back plays of 3rd and 4 and 4th and 4 with no RB in the backfield.

                                I am not a defensive genius but I had a strong feeling they weren't running the ball on either play. Neither worked.

                                Goes right to the point of commitment to running the ball. Also not helping a struggling o-line by being so obviously one dimensional that they can just tee off on the QB rush.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X