No announcement yet.

Gase "Really Frustrated" With Run Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point I'm not happy with either Gase or Manning. Neither seems to care about the run game. The problem most likely won't be fixed until Manning leaves, unless he fixes it himself (which I don't see happening). Wish we still had McCoy over Gase. I doubt Gase would work too well with Osweiler. If Shanahan would ever come back as an OC I would love to have him here (not happening). Kubiak would be good for Osweiler too.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
      Play calling and formations are frustrating me too. Anyone else remember back to back plays of 3rd and 4 and 4th and 4 with no RB in the backfield.

I am not a defensive genius but I had a strong feeling they weren't running the ball on either play. Neither worked.

Goes right to the point of commitment to running the ball. Also not helping a struggling o-line by being so obviously one dimensional that they can just tee off on the QB rush.
      You're right. The only time I have ever seen the Broncos run from empty was with Tebow. The only time I have ever seen PAP from empty was with Tebow.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
        Teams do have success from a shotgun set...but it isnt the overwhelming set they run from as it is ours...you just cant use it as the primary set...our offense is mainly manning throwing the quick pass from shotgun...any fake handoff is easily exposed because manning the rb and the defense are facing each other....it takes away from play action plays freezing the shallow defense

I also think we give manning to much credit for checking out...we run a lot of empty formations with a rb split out or not in ....hows he gonna chck out of a run play if the initial play sent in has no rb ?

Manning above anybody understands the need to establish the run and how it would make him better... i doubt hes just checking out of runs like some suggest just to pass
        Just a thought here, PM is such a perfectionist and type A personality ( rumor has it he complained about the way the grass was mowed on the practice field) that it would't surprise me in the least bit if PM did check out of run plays more often than not simply because he thinks he's more effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCJE View Post
          Just a thought here, PM is such a perfectionist and type A personality ( rumor has it he complained about the way the grass was mowed on the practice field) that it would't surprise me in the least bit if PM did check out of run plays more often than not simply because he thinks he's more effective.
          I heard an Interview with Orlando Franklin yesterday on The Fan. They asked him about why the line was struggling so much, where he felt most comfortable and playcalling.

He said he will go where they tell him but is more comfortable at RT, the line is really starting to question all the shuffling because they're not being given a chance to gel and he said Peyton is not changing as many calls as people are led to believe.
          Last edited by broncoslover115; 11-19-2014, 06:54 AM.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• If Manning isn't changing plays as much as we think he is, then Gase better start calling more run plays even if he thinks the defense is going to put 8 or 9 guys in the box.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
              At this point I'm not happy with either Gase or Manning. Neither seems to care about the run game. The problem most likely won't be fixed until Manning leaves, unless he fixes it himself (which I don't see happening). Wish we still had McCoy over Gase. I doubt Gase would work too well with Osweiler. If Shanahan would ever come back as an OC I would love to have him here (not happening). Kubiak would be good for Osweiler too.
              I agree.

The 'real' problem with our o-line, running game and predictable play calling is MANNING!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                I agree.

The 'real' problem with our o-line, running game and predictable play calling is MANNING!!!
                Someone else posted that Franklin said in an interview that Gase is calling most of the plays and sometimes Manning audbiles but most of the times its Gase's plays. In that case Manning needs to audible more.

Getting rid of Gibbs seems to be a huge mistake too, and I think Gase had something to do with that.
                sigpic

Comment

• If it is Gase, he will go down as the biggest OC Failure in history with this roster.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Kyle Shanahan for HC next year!!!!!!!!!! That guy is a QB whisperer....
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                      Kyle Shanahan for HC next year!!!!!!!!!! That guy is a QB whisperer....
                      Ever since the Bears fans were saying Trestman was the same thing Ive become a little wary of that term.
                      sigpic

Comment

At this point I'm not happy with either Gase or Manning. Neither seems to care about the run game. The problem most likely won't be fixed until Manning leaves, unless he fixes it himself (which I don't see happening). Wish we still had McCoy over Gase. I doubt Gase would work too well with Osweiler. If Shanahan would ever come back as an OC I would love to have him here (not happening). Kubiak would be good for Osweiler too.

that's off base...Manning cares about winning...manning wants another ring

he would not throw the entire offense and whats best in the overall scheme of things away...just to pass more

this is on gase
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Someone else posted that Franklin said in an interview that Gase is calling most of the plays and sometimes Manning audbiles but most of the times its Gase's plays. In that case Manning needs to audible more.

Getting rid of Gibbs seems to be a huge mistake too, and I think Gase had something to do with that.

That is a something that so many here don't seem to understand. Many people think manning calls his own plays. That isn't true. I believe they run something similar to Indy where Manning is given 2 plays and then he picks which of the 2 he wants to run based on the D.
                          sigpic

Comment

Interview from the Fan 11/18/14

Sandy: Orlando, why was there such a disparity at the running game? We know that Peyton is given the opportunity to make changes at the LOS, are there times when a running play is being called in and Peyton is changing it to a pass play?

Orlando - I don't think Peyton is making those changes. I think he is running the plays that are being called in. You have to remember I'm not the one with the green dot, and I can't hear what's being called in, but I know that he's not out there making stuff up. I don't think he's just trying to throw the ball more than running the ball,we're all just trying to execute our offense the right way.
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                              That is a something that so many here don't seem to understand. Many people think manning calls his own plays. That isn't true. I believe they run something similar to Indy where Manning is given 2 plays and then he picks which of the 2 he wants to run based on the D.
                              Greg Knapp is on the staff. If playcalling is perceived to be a problem, they could switch to another playcaller very quickly. Sometimes a change in perspective can produce positive results. It has happened before.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I am losing faith in PM, Gase AND Fox because ultimately they all should be embarassed by not even trying to run the ball.

5 rush attempts and 30 (or close to vs Raiders) pass attempts...everyone involved should be embarassed.,
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                                X