X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetfan9922
    replied
    Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    Personally, I think Gase is taking one for the team. I'm sorry, but everything is centered around Manning, and everybody has taken a backseat to Manning.

Elway knows the importance of a rushing attack, it's the main reason why he has back to back Championships. When we signed Manning, Elway said (I'M PARAPHRASING) that it would be crazy not to let Peyton do his thing. You give him the freedom to do what he wants because he's been successful at it.

Fox bread and butter is running the ball and defense. He has also taken a backseat from his philosophy because of Manning. This is unfamiliar territory for Fox, and I fully expect the offense to be more balanced post Manning.

Gase, we have no idea what his true style of playcalling is because Peyton has been the QB since Gase has been the OC. If Elway and Fox have taken a backseat for Manning, how in the world can we expect anything different from Gase?

Like I said in another post, there is enough blame to go around, but at the end of the day, it's Manning.
    I honestly have no words for this post. My lord.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Maybe they need ID cards they can wear. IDK what the problem is. Their names are on their jerseys.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to samparnell again.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Maybe they need ID cards they can wear. IDK what the problem is. Their names are on their jerseys.
    OMG Sam, post of the week. I just spit my beer out. Hilarious!!!

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I would argue that the Broncos don't have an identity now.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
    Everything is built around Manning and his passing game. That is great when things are good. When Manning leaves, you will find the Broncos trying to find a new identity. That is what happened in Indy. Plus you had 28 million dollars sitting on the sideline. It's nice to spend that on some good players and that hurt the Colts just like they missed him in 2011.
    I would argue that the Broncos don't have an identity now.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Mora
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Why is there enough blame to go around then if it's all Manning's issues? If that's the case, once Manning is gone then our cowering, sniveling, browbeaten coaches and Vice President of Football Operations can come out of the shadows and do their thing once again.
    Everything is built around Manning and his passing game. That is great when things are good. When Manning leaves, you will find the Broncos trying to find a new identity. That is what happened in Indy. Plus you had 28 million dollars sitting on the sideline. It's nice to spend that on some good players and that hurt the Colts just like they missed him in 2011.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    Personally, I think Gase is taking one for the team. I'm sorry, but everything is centered around Manning, and everybody has taken a backseat to Manning.

Elway knows the importance of a rushing attack, it's the main reason why he has back to back Championships. When we signed Manning, Elway said (I'M PARAPHRASING) that it would be crazy not to let Peyton do his thing. You give him the freedom to do what he wants because he's been successful at it.

Fox bread and butter is running the ball and defense. He has also taken a backseat from his philosophy because of Manning. This is unfamiliar territory for Fox, and I fully expect the offense to be more balanced post Manning.

Gase, we have no idea what his true style of playcalling is because Peyton has been the QB since Gase has been the OC. If Elway and Fox have taken a backseat for Manning, how in the world can we expect anything different from Gase?

Like I said in another post, there is enough blame to go around, but at the end of the day, it's Manning.
    Why is there enough blame to go around then if it's all Manning's issues? If that's the case, once Manning is gone then our cowering, sniveling, browbeaten coaches and Vice President of Football Operations can come out of the shadows and do their thing once again.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Gase "Really Frustrated" With Run Game

That's no excuse to abandon it though. If anything abandoning it is as bad as using it too much -even when it's not working too well. Especially against superior pass rush or superior coverage.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    I'm sorry but I just don't agree. Gase is not covering Manning's butt here. Gase is not being some fall guy here. Jeez. Gase is the inexperienced OC who has a limited playbook or uses limited playcalling because it's not HIS strength. Stop making it about Manning when for once we finally have a coach willing to take responsibility and acknowledge their own weakness or their own limitations. Gase is a young coach who has limited experience as an OC. He's learning too.

For Pete's sake we as fans have been crying for months now for our coaches to stand up and take responsibility and acknowledge that they need to do things differently to increase our success and when they finally do, you still want to make it about Manning.

How often does a coach admit that he himself has a weakness. You don't hear that often. I respect the hell out of that. So, let him take that responsibility. Let him hold himself accountable. God. Everything isn't always about Manning's limitations. Sometimes coaches need to grow too. Let him. And stop trying to make it about Peyton.

Last edited by JayJack; 11-23-2014, 07:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Maybe it's just me but the things Gase said in that article is really bad stuff. It's the equivalent of saying "I am not ready to be an offensive coordinator, but oh well, we have Peyton for that." So, what if Peyton is wrong too? We need some more offensive experience on the staff. I guess maybe we shouldn't have fired the experience to keep the idiot OC happy. Maybe let Knapp call the plays?
    seriously how many coaches have the detailed knowledge of Manning and his decades of study of the game, I'll take his leadership and knowledge of the playbook, opposing defenses over anyone. Except maybe a Bill Walsh.

He is a computer that given time to throw the ball will find the open guy.

He started learning offense when his Daddy was playing probably before Gase was born.

It is not the play calling that is killing the drives it is the execution of mainly the OL and penalties that are killing drives.

fix the OL and the running game and pass protect come into play again, until then Vince Lombardi will not help this team.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied
    Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Maybe it's just me but the things Gase said in that article is really bad stuff. It's the equivalent of saying "I am not ready to be an offensive coordinator, but oh well, we have Peyton for that." So, what if Peyton is wrong too? We need some more offensive experience on the staff. I guess maybe we shouldn't have fired the experience to keep the idiot OC happy. Maybe let Knapp call the plays?
    I would like to see Studesville get a shot at OC.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Mora
    replied
    I'm sorry but I just don't agree. Gase is not covering Manning's butt here. Gase is not being some fall guy here. Jeez. Gase is the inexperienced OC who has a limited playbook or uses limited playcalling because it's not HIS strength. Stop making it about Manning when for once we finally have a coach willing to take responsibility and acknowledge their own weakness or their own limitations. Gase is a young coach who has limited experience as an OC. He's learning too.

For Pete's sake we as fans have been crying for months now for our coaches to stand up and take responsibility and acknowledge that they need to do things differently to increase our success and when they finally do, you still want to make it about Manning.

How often does a coach admit that he himself has a weakness. You don't hear that often. I respect the hell out of that. So, let him take that responsibility. Let him hold himself accountable. God. Everything isn't always about Manning's limitations. Sometimes coaches need to grow too. Let him. And stop trying to make it about Peyton.
    No problem in disagreeing.

I do agree that it's admirable of Gase to openly state what he feels is his share of the blame.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    I know. I'm just saying it may actually be Gase that is covering for Manning's butt. There are many plays and many throws that Manning is just not capable of making anymore. Gase's hands are probably tied a bit with playcalling. And I think it is likely that he is willingly being the fall guy. Peyton cannot do certain run plays, the run is not working, and Manning cannot make all the throws unless he has the working space to get his body momentum into the throw.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Mora
    replied
    Well I was referring to what Gase was saying about himself. He was the one who acknowledged that he (Gase) was not calling enough run plays to begin with and not referring to Manning checking out of run plays.

Additionally, it was Gase who admitted to a weakness in not calling different plays and calling the same plays over and over. He said he (Gase) needed to mix it up so defenses weren't always knowing what they were going to run. Gase said that is the hardest thing he needs to learn to do, call in different plays to keep defenses guessing.

These two areas are about the weaknesses of Gase and are not about Manning. Yes, we can also talk about Manning changing run plays to pass plays, but that is not what the article or what Gase was talking about. He was admitting his own flaws as an OC.
    I know. I'm just saying it may actually be Gase that is covering for Manning's butt. There are many plays and many throws that Manning is just not capable of making anymore. Gase's hands are probably tied a bit with playcalling. And I think it is likely that he is willingly being the fall guy. Peyton cannot do certain run plays, the run is not working, and Manning cannot make all the throws unless he has the working space to get his body momentum into the throw.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Or Gase is saving Manning's butt. When Peyton was in Indy, in an interview, I heard Peyton say that he chose to run or pass out of the play relayed to him by Tom Moore. And he based it on what the defense was giving him.

As I said above, I don't think you guys will be able to have a dominant running team. Partly do to Manning's lack of mobility issues.
    Well I was referring to what Gase was saying about himself. He was the one who acknowledged that he (Gase) was not calling enough run plays to begin with and not referring to Manning checking out of run plays.

Additionally, it was Gase who admitted to a weakness in not calling different plays and calling the same plays over and over. He said he (Gase) needed to mix it up so defenses weren't always knowing what they were going to run. Gase said that is the hardest thing he needs to learn to do, call in different plays to keep defenses guessing.

These two areas are about the weaknesses of Gase and are not about Manning. Yes, we can also talk about Manning changing run plays to pass plays, but that is not what the article or what Gase was talking about. He was admitting his own flaws as an OC.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X