Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos in talk with Harris on a new contract.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos in talk with Harris on a new contract.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ns-sources-say

Per Klis.

Gonna be costly, have said im not sure Elway will give him what he wants but we'll see.

I like to see that they are trying though....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      I like to see that they are trying though....
      Same, I thought he may just focus on JT/DT, and let him go.

Still might do that (even though they shouldn't)

But regardless, gonna cost some coin to keep these guys.

Comment

Oh ya... how much can we put into our secondary with all the other contracts coming up? Still I hope they can get it done with him.
        sigpic

Comment

This team is gonna look alot different next season.

Comment

This is great news, but why would we stop negotiations with Thomas and Thomas by the 3rd pre-season game but start contract negotiations with Harris in the middle of the season? I thought Elway doesn't do negotiations during the season.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
              This is great news, but why would we stop negotiations with Thomas and Thomas by the 3rd pre-season game but start contract negotiations with Harris in the middle of the season? I thought Elway doesn't do negotiations during the season.
              some agents do not want to do so, thinking their clients are going to get more money after the season. So they mutually call off till after the season.

I suspect that Harris knows his value is not going to increase much more than it has.

They also have a MUCH better idea what the cap value for 2015 and beyond will be so therefore figure that the early bird gets the worms.

I suspect John not having set Harris as a goal to sign BEFORE TRAINING camp now feels he can try and get a couple out of the way. and so to speak prime the pump on the other guys.

JT's season has not quite gone the way he thought it would so I'd guess that Pot Roast and JT would be next on the agenda.

If JT signs now his money like Harris could come out of this years pot. NO WAY they could fit DT under that cap value.
              Last edited by Garfield; 11-08-2014, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Not even arguing DT/JT, but there is no way you keep JT over DT if you can keep one.

Or even Knighton.

I would guess it goes DT, Harris or DT, then Knighton.

We could sign a guy like Gresham, re-sign Green, keep Tamme, and draft a guy to replace Julius and replace his production.

It's not even debateable.

These hybrid TE's are becoming easier to find.
                Last edited by ERoyal248; 11-08-2014, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Chris Harris is easily our best DB. Hell, I could make the argument he's the best D player overall. Harris and DT our truly in discussion for best at their positions. You can't just let guys like that walk.
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    Not even arguing DT/JT, but there is no way you keep JT over DT if you can keep one.

Or even Knighton.

We could sign a guy like Gresham, re-sign Green, keep Tamme, and draft a guy to replace Julius and replace his production.

This all the way!

DT, CH, TK.
                    Adopted Poster
                    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I may be in the minority here, but I'd rather keep Chris Harris than Julius Thomas, so I'm glad they're negotiating with him. Hopefully we'll find a way to keep all of our big name guys though - Harris, Knighton, and the Thomases in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                        I may be in the minority here, but I'd rather keep Chris Harris than Julius Thomas, so I'm glad they're negotiating with him. Hopefully we'll find a way to keep all of our big name guys though - Harris, Knighton, and the Thomases in particular.
                        I think any knowledgable fan 100% agrees with you. Corners like Harris are more rare then the Patrick petersons of the world because Harris can play any style at any position on the field and still be dominate.
                        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

We really should try to sign least 2 people before free agency if we want a chance of keeping all four.

Only have one tag and imo Harris, JT, DT and Knighton will all command allot of money in free agency.

If we had the cap I would say Harris, DT and JT are all must keeps....in that order if not enough cap.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post

Or even Knighton.

This is true, it may not be as potent but it would still be productive. Also, it would be well worth it if it meant keeping DT and CHJ, I wouldn't think twice.
                            Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

It is absolutely ESSENTIAL that Harris be re-signed. A true lock down corner he is. Let JT and Welker walk.

Comment

Working...
                              X