Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos in talk with Harris on a new contract.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    Hes blocking is easily replaceable but his gronk like receiving is not.
    You know I actually look at this more so with Brock Osweiler in mind after Peyton hangs up the cleats.I mean if JT,DT and co can be kept on offense it will make it soooo much easier for Brock when he makes his transition into a starting quarterback in the NFL.I totally understand we are in win now mode now with Peyton as a QB but as we talk player investments on this thread the real massive player investment we have is already on our roster.The next QB.We have seen one franchise after another try and fail with drafting their savior at QB only to discover he is a bust.So when we have our moment of will he or wont he with Brock it will be a far more easier learning curve if we have JT and DT on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
      Idk, Wolfe is the best DE against the run by a pretty good margin. I could definitely see Wolfe playing inside as the 3tech.
      In my opinion, Wolfe was drafted to play 3tech. He ended up playing DE because Jason Hunter got injured and for whatever reason, the Coaches didn't like Ayers, so that was the opening they needed to play Wolfe. I think when we drafted Wolfe he was 295. He lost 10lbs to play DE more effectively.

With the way Sly and Austin has played against the run, I don't think we can justify giving Knighton (who I'm a huge fan of) a big contract. I expect Sly and Wolfe to be our starting DTs next year.
      sigpic

Comment

The Broncos are very flexible on the D-Line since Jackson and Wolfe can play in/outside. It is interesting that they have two DEs on IR and two on PS. Q. Smith is playing well.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          Texans- bad QB play.

Lions- bad coaching, Megatron is healthy now, we'll see what happens.

Cards- horrible QB play, made the SB with Fitz and damn well should have won it.

Bucs- same.

DT isnt expendable, he's the in the convo for the best WR in the game.

Better question is who replaces DT, and dont say Latimer or this conversation is over.

I love Harris but we'd still have Talib, Roby, Webster, and there is a lot of good other CB's on the FA market. Antonio Cromartie, Maxwell, Flowers, and some others out there.

No, no, no.. I am not throwing Latimer's name up there like he's a guaranteed starter. That's stupid. I understand the role DT plays as well as his rare talent. However I think the team can find a stable answer for a #2 receiver in the FA and be just as effective starring Sanders/Julius.

I just feel that with the money DT is going to command, I'd rather make sure we have Chris Harris, Terrence Knighton, Vasquez, and yes Julius Thomas. Elway can and will find another receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
            No, no, no.. I am not throwing Latimer's name up there like he's a guaranteed starter. That's stupid. I understand the role DT plays as well as his rare talent. However I think the team can find a stable answer for a #2 receiver in the FA and be just as effective starring Sanders/Julius.

I just feel that with the money DT is going to command, I'd rather make sure we have Chris Harris, Terrence Knighton, Vasquez, and yes Julius Thomas. Elway can and will find another receiver.
            Vazquez is signed for another 2 years.

But.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...franchise-tags

It's alot easier to replace Julius than DT if push came to shove.

Comment

Citing an NFL source,_ESPN’s Josina Anderson_is reporting that contract extension talks between the Denver Broncos and CB_Chris Harris_have “stalled a bit.”

The source added that “the last communication occurred about a week ago after about the initial offer and counter offer

Earlier this month,_Mike Klis of the Denver Post_reported that contract negotiations between the two sides commenced.

Denver has several key players heading towards free agency next offseason. _Along with Harris, WRDemaryius Thomas_and TE_Julius Thomas_are both playing on the final year of their respective deals.

Denver has invested heavily in their secondary, signing CB_Aqib Talib_and S_T.J. Ward, and drafting CBBradley Roby. _Even so, it would be tough to part with Harris considering how quickly he has established himself as an elite cornerback after a significant injury.

Harris is clearly in line for a sizable raise next year given the recent contracts signed by free agents likeSam Shields,_Vontae Davis_and_Brent Grimes, all of whom are making over $8 million annually.

Harris, 25, is in the final year of his rookie contract, and although he’s one year removed from a major knee injury, he has proven to be among the best cornerbacks in the league.

In fact,_Pro Football Focus_currently has him ranked as the best cornerback in the league.

Harris has recorded 32 tackles this season to go along with two interceptions.

We have him at No. 8 in our_Top 25 2015 NFL Free Agents List.

http://nfltraderumors.co/extension-talks-between-broncos-and-cb-chris-harris-have-stalled-a-bit/
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                Citing an NFL source,_ESPN’s Josina Anderson_is reporting that contract extension talks between the Denver Broncos and CB_Chris Harris_have “stalled a bit.”

The source added that “the last communication occurred about a week ago after about the initial offer and counter offer

Earlier this month,_Mike Klis of the Denver Post_reported that contract negotiations between the two sides commenced.

Denver has several key players heading towards free agency next offseason. _Along with Harris, WRDemaryius Thomas_and TE_Julius Thomas_are both playing on the final year of their respective deals.

Denver has invested heavily in their secondary, signing CB_Aqib Talib_and S_T.J. Ward, and drafting CBBradley Roby. _Even so, it would be tough to part with Harris considering how quickly he has established himself as an elite cornerback after a significant injury.

Harris is clearly in line for a sizable raise next year given the recent contracts signed by free agents likeSam Shields,_Vontae Davis_and_Brent Grimes, all of whom are making over $8 million annually.

Harris, 25, is in the final year of his rookie contract, and although he’s one year removed from a major knee injury, he has proven to be among the best cornerbacks in the league.

In fact,_Pro Football Focus_currently has him ranked as the best cornerback in the league.

Harris has recorded 32 tackles this season to go along with two interceptions.

We have him at No. 8 in our_Top 25 2015 NFL Free Agents List.

http://nfltraderumors.co/extension-t...stalled-a-bit/
                Makes me wonder what CHJ is asking for?
                Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                  Makes me wonder what CHJ is asking for?
                  My guess is he wants more than what Talib got and he should... has never made big money and is outplaying Talib this season. 9-10 million

Comment

The issue 9 times out of 10 is guaranteed money
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                      In my opinion, Wolfe was drafted to play 3tech. He ended up playing DE because Jason Hunter got injured and for whatever reason, the Coaches didn't like Ayers, so that was the opening they needed to play Wolfe. I think when we drafted Wolfe he was 295. He lost 10lbs to play DE more effectively.

With the way Sly and Austin has played against the run, I don't think we can justify giving Knighton (who I'm a huge fan of) a big contract. I expect Sly and Wolfe to be our starting DTs next year.
                      This off season will be very interesting. I really hoe we can find a way to retain Knighton, Harris, DT, and JT. All other FAs are replaceable IMO.
                      Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Talib got $26 million guaranteed. This should be the floor for Chris Harris. An interesting point is that, according to Tom Pelissero, we can get out of Talib's contract next year by taking a $4 million cap hit.

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/03/13/aqi...he-first-year/

If Aqib Talib’s stay in Denver doesn’t work out as planned, his six-year, $57 million contract could end up being a one-year, $12 million pact.

Just $11.5 million of Talib’s contract is fully guaranteed and he’ll get all of it in 2014, according to salary data obtained Thursday by USA TODAY Sports.

The rest of the guaranteed money includes base salaries of $5.5 million in 2015 and $8.5 million in 2016 that are guaranteed for injury only until the first day of those respective league years, when they’d become guaranteed for skill and cap as well if Talib’s still on the roster.

In other words, barring a career-ending injury, the Broncos could cut Talib after this season, not pay him another dime, take a $4 million cap hit and move on. That’s an important “out” given Talib’s off-field and legal issues dating to college.

More than half the total value of Talib’s contract is tied up in non-guaranteed base salaries of $11 million in 2017 and 2018 and $8 million in 2019.
                        Harris is better than Talib and Talib is not worth the money he is making. I also won't be upset if we get rid of T.J. Ward. We need safeties that can cover.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post

Harris is better than Talib and Talib is not worth the money he is making. I also won't be upset if we get rid of T.J. Ward. We need safeties that can cover.
                          I agree that Harris is better but I think you're being hard on talib and ward. They're being put in bad spots by the coaches and scheme. Ward should never be one on one on a wide receiver, and talib should not be playing 10 yards off his receiver. This is just a failure of the coaches to use their players to their strengths, it's stupidity or arrogance pure and simple.
                          Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Working...
                          X