Broncos RB Ronnie Hillman out at least 2 weeks with foot sprain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos RB Ronnie Hillman out at least 2 weeks with foot sprain

C.J. Anderson emerged just in time. Montee Ball is returning from injury just in time.

The Broncos will be without Ronnie Hillman for at least two weeks after the starting running back suffered a midfoot sprain in his right foot Sunday, according to an NFL source.

Hillman seemed to suffer the injury as he was attempting to catch a pass early in the Broncos’ 41-17 win against the Oakland Raiders. He limped off the field and had his right ankle taped then returned to the game.

With Hillman ailing, Anderson had a breakout game, rushing for 90 yards and turning a short reception into an electrifying 51-yard touchdown. Ball has missed the past five games because of a groin injury but is expected to return this week to play against the St. Louis Rams.

Source: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-sprain/30811/

too bad for him....but that means more sneak preview of CJ and Juan. Two players that have teased with potential this season.
    sigpic

Comment

Our timing is excellent. I am quite ok with a backfield of Ball, CJ and Thompson at this time. Lets see what they can do. And though I am not yet overly impressed with Hillman, I hope he is doing fine. He has come a long way this season.

Comment

Hillman out, Ball in. Harsh.

I still want to see Kapri Bibbs. They might as well see what he can do if they're going to keep him on the roster. Anderson and Thompson have looked good for the most part, they should be getting more carries than Ball next week.
        Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

Hate seeing our players get hurt.. or well any player for that matter.

Hope it's a speedy recovery.

Comment

Interesting they kept a fifth RB as well... Some called it a bad move. Starting to look like it was smart.

Comment

Hillman out 2-3 Weeks

Looks like an opportunity for CJ. Ball may also be ready to come back. Hope Hillman comes back soon.

Comment

Bibbs may get a shot soon if this keeps up. Glad Denver held onto him.

Comment

looks like Im going to pick up CJ in my fantasy league....
                  I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by notwithit View Post
                    Interesting they kept a fifth RB as well... Some called it a bad move. Starting to look like it was smart.
                    You got that right.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

While none are as fast as Hillman, I think Anderson & Thompson will be a nice 1-2 punch...they both have speed and power.

Ball has no burst so let him lie-in-wait and just finish healing.

Comment

I like how Heath Evans was on TV last night talking about Hillman got bench due to his performance....he just ignored that Hillman was hurt all week...
                        I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Ball is coming back at the right time and CJ and Thompson have both shown some great promise. The big question in the run game continues to be the O line. Hopefully the new alignment gels. They did pretty well yesterday.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                            I like how Heath Evans was on TV last night talking about Hillman got bench due to his performance....he just ignored that Hillman was hurt all week...
                            He's the worst of them all.
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

But didn't you hear? One one of the other threads a poster insisted that the reason Hillman got benched was because Peyton was angry with him. That's really why he didn't play anymore....it was because Peyton said he couldn't play. Really...it must be true because why else would this person post that?

/sarcasm
                              Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

Comment

Working...
                              X