Clear All

• Denver Broncos expect Peyton Manning to play in 2015

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...cebook_atn_orr

Denver Broncos expect Peyton Manning to play in 2015
    By Conor Orr
    Around The NFL Writer
    Published: Nov. 16, 2014 at 09:38 a.m.
    Updated: Nov. 16, 2014 at 09:57 a.m.

It sounds like Peyton Manning is eyeing 2015, and possibly beyond.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday on NFL GameDay Morning that the Broncos expect Manning to play at least one more year. The Broncos quarterback would be 39 heading into training camp with Denver next year.

As Rapoport noted, though, another Super Bowl win could be the only caveat to his decision. As a player in tune with his legacy, his goal has always been to exit the game holding all of the league's major passing records.

Manning's projected return would obviously have ripple effects throughout the league. His decision would likely impact the immediate futures of head coach John Fox and offensive coordinator Adam Gase, one of the hottest names in coaching at the moment.

It would also sink Denver one year deeper into what has been an obvious push to win a Super Bowl, delaying their eventual rebuild for another season.

At this point, this is welcome news for most football fans. Manning has been a joy to watch these past two seasons in Denver as he pilots one of the best offenses in league history.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast previews every Week 11 game and recaps the Dolphins' key victory over the Bills. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Well he hasn't been a joy to watch to today. First time in many years that I've turned off a Broncos game with time left on the clock. But that last INT forced my hand.

Comment

I was thankful work called me away from the game....haven't bothered to go back. I feel your pain.
      sigpic

Comment

The broncos will keep Peyton as long as he will play. But I have a bad feeling we are becoming the Lakers (Kobe) of the NFL
        I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
        I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
        I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
        "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
        God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
        Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

God help us...

Comment

Please no!!! Dude your done! Now leave before your 20 million dollar cap number destroys our chances of resigning our young core of talent
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Well, what this report doesn't say and what Ian said in his verbal report this morning is that nobody really knows because Manning does not talk about this to ANYONE. He definitely would not provide anyone information about his future plans just like he doesn't give out any info on his injuries.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

No!!! I could've watch Brock put up 7 today. I don't need a $20 mil QB to do what I witnessed today.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                  No!!! I could've watch Brock put up 7 today. I don't need a $20 mil QB to do what I witnessed today.
                  I think Brock would've scored more. At least Brock can make a 5 yard shuffle pass and not immediately fall to the ground to keep from getting hit.

Manning is soft and I'm tired of it.

Comment

Can't wait for the Osweiler era to start.
                    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                    sigpic

Comment

Great, one more year of egotistical wounded duck passes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                        Can't wait for the Osweiler era to start.
                        careful what you wish for.....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          careful what you wish for.....
                          Careful what you wish against...

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                            Careful what you wish against...
                            anyone that thinks Os is an upgrade over manning would be in for real disappointment if that ever happened.

Os may not even ever start a game for the Broncos and people can't wait for his "era" to begin....
                            Last edited by broncos SB2010; 11-17-2014, 06:46 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                              anyone that thinks Os is an upgrade over manning would be in for real disappointment if that ever happened.

Os may not even ever start a game for the Broncos and people can't wait for his "era" to begin....
                              You may be right and I suspect you are. But, I think we are all fed up with Manning choking and then saying he needs to play better. No one is buying the excuses anymore. It reminds me of Favre all over again. $20-Million is an expensive investment and the on field performance of 6-interceptions in 3 games and countless 1-yard passes is beyond needing to play better.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X