Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos signed RB Jeremy Stewart off their practice squad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos signed RB Jeremy Stewart off their practice squad.

Broncos signed RB Jeremy Stewart off their practice squad.

Rookie RB Kapri Bibbs was waived in a corresponding move. Stewart will slot in as the No. 3 back behind C.J. Anderson and Juwan Thompson. Bibbs will likely return to the Broncos practice squad if he clears waivers.

Roto
    sigpic

From Stanfords 2012 pro day -

Running Back Jeremy Stewart (6’1″ 218 pounds) ran 4.52 and 4.58, which is actually really good for a player of his size. He was a power back/closer type of player for the Cardinal, and could serve a similar role at the NFL level if he can stay healthy, which he was unable to do at times at Stanford.

College highlights from the 7:05 mark.

He looks a little slow but has a good build. A pure power back

Comment

Dang, being a fan of Bibbs that's disappointing. This likely indicates that they don't have confidence in Bibbs' overall play - pass pro, play book knowledge/prep and maybe receiving? - since Stewart does have some experience, (appeared in 17 games in 3 years) I imagine they are more comfortable with him overall. I hope Bibbs gets back on the PS.

Stewart has one career TD run on 27 carries for 103 yards and 10 catches for 68 yards. He also plays special teams and owns a 17.3-yard average on eight kickoff returns.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
        Dang, being a fan of Bibbs that's disappointing. This likely indicates that they don't have confidence in Bibbs' overall play - pass pro, play book knowledge/prep and maybe receiving? - since Stewart does have some experience, (appeared in 17 games in 3 years) I imagine they are more comfortable with him overall. I hope Bibbs gets back on the PS.

Stewart has one career TD run on 27 carries for 103 yards and 10 catches for 68 yards. He also plays special teams and owns a 17.3-yard average on eight kickoff returns.
        Maybe we needed a Bigger back that can pound the ball.Hopefully, Bibbs makes it back.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
          Maybe we needed a Bigger back that can pound the ball.Hopefully, Bibbs makes it back.
          Stewart isn't really a "bigger back" ... CJ has been heavier and is still around 215ish - actually he is still listed at 224lbs but it has been reported his weight is down to 212? - he is only 5'8" though. Bibbs is 5'9" 212lbs and Juwan Thompson is 5'11" 225lbs. Stewart at 6'1" 218lbs isn't that much taller and is still in the same range as the other backs. Both Thompson and to some degree CJ are capable of "pounding the ball". Maybe they saw something in Stewart in practice that shows he can pound the ball but I suspect it has more to do with experience overall vs. Bibbs lack of experience... I will be surprised if Stewart sees any carries, I think he is on the roster just in case for now, they might surprise me too.
          sigpic

Comment

A little surprised by this move. Broncos made roster moves to keep Bibbs from being picked up just a few weeks ago. Going to be interesting to see if Bibbs clears waivers.

Comment

Working...
            X