• Show
Clear All

• Masons Mailbag Q & A

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...e-626d4053d4d7

A good read, talks about the OL, the running game, and McManus

Good read, Bronx!
    sigpic

Comment

Interesting. I'm not quite convinced the Oline, in the present form, has sufficient time to come together by January. But, I don't think it's impossible either. I think they have been put in a horrible, unreasonable position. Hopefully, they can over come that position.

I agree with the McManus comments (and the release of Prater) but they have to let him attempt field goals. Sure, kickoffs are fine, albeit completely boring since the ridiculous rule change, but McManus needs to be ripping FG attempts and gain some confidence. Conversely, you protect him and then trot him out during a playoff game, when there is no other choice? Another example of putting someone in a horrible, unreasonable position. This year, it seems the coaches (I assume) have put people in position to fail - that is concerning.

If they are that committed, as inferred by Mason, to the run game, I think it has a strong chance to succeed. Perhaps naively, I believe the Oline is capable of run blocking if given enough reps in practice. I, also, think the Denver rbs are good, especially if they can get everyone healthy. I love CJ and I'm glad he got a chance. I would like to see them give a few more carries to Thompson, see if he can get a rhythm going. Maybe, if they have a lead, work Bibbs into the act for experience and see what he can do under the lights.

Comment

Bibbs got released, Stewart got called up from the PS. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eremy-stewart/
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post
          Interesting. I'm not quite convinced the Oline, in the present form, has sufficient time to come together by January. But, I don't think it's impossible either. I think they have been put in a horrible, unreasonable position. Hopefully, they can over come that position.

I agree with the McManus comments (and the release of Prater) but they have to let him attempt field goals. Sure, kickoffs are fine, albeit completely boring since the ridiculous rule change, but McManus needs to be ripping FG attempts and gain some confidence. Conversely, you protect him and then trot him out during a playoff game, when there is no other choice? Another example of putting someone in a horrible, unreasonable position. This year, it seems the coaches (I assume) have put people in position to fail - that is concerning.

If they are that committed, as inferred by Mason, to the run game, I think it has a strong chance to succeed. Perhaps naively, I believe the Oline is capable of run blocking if given enough reps in practice. I, also, think the Denver rbs are good, especially if they can get everyone healthy. I love CJ and I'm glad he got a chance. I would like to see them give a few more carries to Thompson, see if he can get a rhythm going. Maybe, if they have a lead, work Bibbs into the act for experience and see what he can do under the lights.
          I definitely think the offensive line can improve by then. New England's did it in 3 weeks, with no talent any better than what's in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue-N-Orange View Post
            Bibbs got released, Stewart got called up from the PS. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eremy-stewart/
            wow, I hadn't heard that. I'm not sure my opinion, not that my opinion matter certainly. though, I hope Bibbs gets picked up somewhere as he seems to have some potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
              I definitely think the offensive line can improve by then. New England's did it in 3 weeks, with no talent any better than what's in Denver.
              That's what I keep thinking regarding the talent on the Denver line. But, for the love of all things good and holy, I wish they would lock them into a position and leave them there. Personally, I'd like to see: Clady, Manny/who ever, Montgomery, Vasquez, Franklin.

Comment

Working...
              X