Jay Feely to Visit Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Feely to Visit Broncos

The Broncos are bringing in Jay Feely for a workout Tuesday, according to two NFL sources.

It's hardly a surprise given the inconsistency of Broncos first-year kicker Brandon McManus. With the Broncos on the short list of Super Bowl contenders, they could use a kicker with experience in crunch time.

McManus missed a 33-yard field-goal attempt Sunday in the Broncos' 39-36 victory against Miami and he ranks 31st among the 31 kickers ranked with a 69.2 field-goal percentage (nine-of-13).

Feely, 38, has kicked in 13 NFL seasons for five teams, most recently last season with the Arizona Cardinals.

The Broncos also will work out a second veteran kicker. Among the veterans available are Alex Henery, Garrett Hartley, Connor Barth, John Potter and Nate Kaeding.
    Source: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...roncos-tuesday

Feeley and Barth are my top 2. Nate Kaeding is interesting, I thought he retired because he kept getting hurt. Hartley is no better than McManus, same with Henery
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Whenever I hear the name Nate Kaeding, this comes to mind

Barth seems like a logical option, he was a pretty steady kicker for the Bucs. Career long of 57, and has made 84.2% of his kicks.
      Last edited by Bootleg; 11-24-2014, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Good to see we aren't standing pat in trying to improve this team. For me it's a lot about our Special Teams, who have been anything but good this season.

With any improvement on our Oline, return of JT and Trev and at least one of our RBs (although CJ is my starter), few injuries and renewed confidence.....and we're back on the bike baby!!

Comment

I was wondering, this morning, if Denver might look at Feeley. He seemed solid in AZ. I wish Kaeding didn't wet himself during the playoffs because he was money during the regular season. From the stats mentioned above, Barth wouldn't hurt my feelings but I never really paid attention to the Bucs so I can't say I know who he is. Feeley, I watched kick a fair amount and he looked good. He also seems to play like a football player, which I like.
          Last edited by Broncos1963; 11-24-2014, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Ya there was a rumor about Kaeding after that playoff game.

He tried to hang himself, but missed the kick on the chair he was standing on.

Although that joke was in poor taste, suicide is not a joke. If you're having thoughts of hurting yourself or others please seek guidance with a friend, family member, or a medical provider.
            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

IF it comes down to missed field goals ending our season..... I do not think I will recover.
              res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Good news. I'm all for having faith in young kickers but damn, this is tough.
                  Last edited by BroncosDivision; 11-24-2014, 01:56 PM.
                  Adopted Poster
                  AZ Snake Fan

Comment

connor barth FTW
                    sigpic

Comment

A 7th rounder for Matt Prater!
                      Denver Broncos
                      New York Yankees
                      New York Knicks
                      Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                        A 7th rounder for Matt Prater!
                        Nah our future kicker is Roberto Aguyayo from FSU, save the pick
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Better than the Novak 'up for any challenge' pic:

Comment

Barth seems like a logical option, he was a pretty steady kicker for the Bucs. Career long of 57, and has made 84.2% of his kicks.
                            That's so funny. He always looked stunned for some reason. Lol
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

If I'm having a bad day or just feeling a little blue, I know I can just come to these boards for some comical relief. You people are just downright disturbed!!

Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                              X