Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darklord
    replied
    I personally loved their reaction it shows a lot of passion the players have and missing easy field goals is not acceptable

Leave a comment:

• Mel B.
    replied
    The reaction is understandable but the real blame needs to go on whomever called a pass play on 3rd & 1 when we were running it down their throat that entire drive.

Everything snowballed from that failed 3rd down pass play called that ended in immobile Manning taking a sack for a loss of yardage. Then the missed FG. Then Burse fumbling the punt return.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    No issue with their reaction. McManus missed an easy kick. He most likely was beating himself up more then they ever could. He is a young man replacing a legend. He has no margin for error. As the tryouts for kickers today indicate.

These are men playing a big boy sport. Both Ramirez and DT have been called out and had similar reactions on the sidelines towards them when they have screwed up too. When DT drops a pass for a critical first down or Manny misses a block that gets someone drilled I doubt their teammates or coaches are pleasant on the sideline or next film session.

Reality is the Broncos may need to replace the promising young man for a less talented but more consistent experienced kicker. Even if it is just for the rest of the season.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    The reaction is understandable, but that doesn't make it right.

Leave a comment:

• JesseH
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    It's almost a foregone conclusion that McMannus probably lost his job, so let me ask you all this; Do you think we hang on McMannus as a prospect like NYG had him on their PS? Or do we just let him go and be done with him if/when the kicker is found
    Personally, I hope they keep him on for kick returns and just keep working with him. Bring in a veteran kicker for those needed 3 points/extra points. The local sports guys said that Elam and Prater weren't so great their first few years in the league...I hope we try to develop him some more.

Leave a comment:

• notwithit
    replied
    Maybe it's time to get some video sent to the Broncos from guys that can peg 30-40 yarders consistently. Regardless of if they've been in the league or not.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied
    I'm bummed that McManus hasn't been more successful but I liked the reaction of manny and DT. The team was fired up yesterday and you could tell the game was important to them. Kickers, while I respect what they do to a certain extent, are not getting busted up and putting in the kind of work the other players do.

Leave a comment:

• DirtDiver
    replied
    Saw nothing wrong with their reaction. And boohoo, about him knowing they were mad. So what. If he don't like them being mad then he is more than welcome to confront them about it. But good luck with that. Haha.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    In a way you can say that the 3 pts we won that game by was off the foot of McMannus. No it wasn't game winning.

I understand their frustration.

I am going to align with the coach's stance on this. Bringing in kickers isn't a good sign for McMannus but, he wouldn't be here if our team didn't think he was talented. We might actually be through the slump(if it is a slump) if they'd have let him kick those few that they didn't let him kick.

Kicking is such a voodoo skill. Confidence, weather, skill, some luck, experience, all come into play. I imagine once you have the leg, the rest of the game is ALL between the ears. Starting his career off in a bad slump cannot be good for the noodle. That's probably why he missed that one yesterday.

It's almost a foregone conclusion that McMannus probably lost his job, so let me ask you all this; Do you think we hang on McMannus as a prospect like NYG had him on their PS? Or do we just let him go and be done with him if/when the kicker is found

Leave a comment:

• spcdlee02
    replied
    I feel bad for McManus but the reaction is justified. It looks to me, judging by that reaction, the team has lost confidence in him as well as him losing it in himself.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by RDAvena View Post
    Considering how much work it took to get the ball there. I would say the reaction was justified.
    Yeah, that's probably why everyone was frustrated. That was a long, clock burning, methodical drive and it ended with no points. Given how the game ended, that missed FG could have come back to bite us had MIA recovered the onside kick.

Leave a comment:

• RDAvena
    replied
    Originally posted by JesseH View Post

What was your take on Ramirez's and Thomas' reactions?[/I]
    Considering how much work it took to get the ball there. I would say the reaction was justified.

Leave a comment:

• Demaryius Thomas, Manny Ramirez react to Broncos' missed field goal

It appears the Brandon McManus experiment is nearing its unfortunate conclusion. When you're evoking this sort of reaction from teammates Manny Ramirez and Demaryius Thomas, things aren't going well.

Still, there's something about teammates reacting this way that sends shivers down my spine. Be professionals. Support each other. I know it's a heat-of-the-moment thing, but you have to stand next to this guy in the locker room later that day. And Monday. And Wednesday. He's going to see this clip, and he's going to know you were pissed off.

Awkward.

The miss, plus these reactions, beg the questions: is McManus done in Denver? The Broncos had every reason to be confident in Brandon McManus. He had an impeccable training camp and preseason. He had a big leg. All the rookie needed was in-game confidence.

After several misses this season, none more discouraging than that 33-yarder, McManus' confidence appears to be lost.

What was your take on Ramirez's and Thomas' reactions?

full article
Working...
X