Kicker Connor Barth agrees to terms with Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicker Connor Barth agrees to terms with Broncos

The Broncos haved agreed to a deal with veteran kicker Connor Barth, an NFL source confirmed Tuesday.

Barth, 28, has kicked in five NFL seasons, the last four with Tampa Bay. He missed the 2013 season after suffering a torn Achilles tendon in a charity basketball game. In his last season, 2012, Barth was 28-of-33 (84.8 percent) on field-goal attempts, including 12-of-13 from 40 to 49 yards and 6-of-9 from 50-plus.

It's hardly a surprise, given the inconsistency of first-year Broncos kicker Brandon McManus. With the Broncos on the shortlist of Super Bowl contenders, they could use a kicker with experience at crunchtime.

McManus, 23, missed a field-goal attempt of 33 yards during Denver's 39-36 victory over Miami, and he ranks last among the league's 31 ranked kickers with a .692 field-goal percentage (hitting 9-of-13).

Barth was released in training camp by the Bucs, who went with a first-year kicker.
    Source: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...-terms-broncos

McManus waived, per Schefter.

I wonder why they chose barth and nor feely? anything better than what we had.

Comment

Originally posted by multimoussa View Post
      I know they both worked out today, so I'm either assuming Barth had the better workout, and/or was the cheaper option. He was a good kicker for the Bucs, so I'm happy with the signing if he can be solid.

Edit:

I just checked his career stats when kicking in Denver: Perfect 4/4 coming on kicks of 26, 31, 50 and 55 yards.
      Last edited by Bootleg; 11-25-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I am so excited because with a good kicker we can put games away. McManus is still young so he will get a chance to mature in a practice squad or something, I wish him all the luck too.

Comment

Originally posted by multimoussa View Post
          Age might be factor, Barth is 28 (2 years younger than Prater) and Feely is 38, he could be a long term solution instead of just a 5-8 game rental.

Comment

Barth kicked for KC in 2008 so kicking in Arrowhead this weekend will be nothing new.
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry for McManus, but happy that we're proactive on this matter.

Comment

"Feely went 14-of-15 in field-goal attempts with a long of 60 yards during his audition but was told by the Broncos they wanted to go with the younger option." Per denverpost.com

Wonder how Barth did and what was his longest??
                sigpic

Comment

Just really happy Elway made this move

Comment

Well I hope he has a strong leg and can get the ball out of the back of the end zone on kickoffs, because we all know our kick coverage sucks.

But it's great to have a chance at FGs now.

Comment

Idle since 2012 ... makes me wonder what he's been up to since then, other than healing, for some strange reason I have a good feeling about Barth. I'm sure anything will be an improvement. He's still young and experienced.

Best of luck Mr. McManus, you'll get it together.

Go Broncos ... Beat the H E double L out of Kanass City.:thumb:
                      Last edited by Broncozoidical; 11-25-2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I thought they pick him , good choice. Good luck McManus

Comment

Originally posted by Broncozoidical View Post
                          Idle since 2012 ... makes me wonder what he's been up to since then, other than healing, for some strange reason I have a good feeling about Barth. I'm sure anything will be an improvement. He's still young and experienced.

He was on IR in 2013 and got waived from the bucs for a first year. He was the most accurate kicker in Bucs history.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveBRONC-itus View Post
                            "Feely went 14-of-15 in field-goal attempts with a long of 60 yards during his audition but was told by the Broncos they wanted to go with the younger option." Per denverpost.com
                            Ouch. There's a kick in the stones.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncozoidical View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X