Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -Rod-
    replied
    I just hope Barth has nerves of steel because this is a high-pressure situation. When you know the team already released two kickers this season, each kick will be scrutinized. What if he misses his first kick? These quick changes at the position can create a snowball effect and prevent the kicker from feeling comfortable. Each kick will be a thriller until Barth finds a groove with 4 or 5 good kicks in a row.

Leave a comment:

• JerseyAdam
    replied
    Originally posted by DFence View Post
    great video. he has fire and determination. i think i was an easy choice for elway, over jay at least. this could be a really, really good story in the making...

Leave a comment:

• DFence
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncozoidical View Post
    Idle since 2012 ... makes me wonder what he's been up to since then, other than healing, for some strange reason I have a good feeling about Barth. I'm sure anything will be an improvement. He's still young and experienced.

Best of luck Mr. McManus, you'll get it together.

Go Broncos ... Beat the H E double L out of Kanass City.:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by IHaveBRONC-itus View Post
    "Feely went 14-of-15 in field-goal attempts with a long of 60 yards during his audition but was told by the Broncos they wanted to go with the younger option." Per denverpost.com
    Ouch. There's a kick in the stones.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncozoidical View Post
    Idle since 2012 ... makes me wonder what he's been up to since then, other than healing, for some strange reason I have a good feeling about Barth. I'm sure anything will be an improvement. He's still young and experienced.

He was on IR in 2013 and got waived from the bucs for a first year. He was the most accurate kicker in Bucs history.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    I thought they pick him , good choice. Good luck McManus

Leave a comment:

• Broncozoidical
    replied

Last edited by Broncozoidical; 11-25-2014, 06:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DirtDiver
    replied
    Well I hope he has a strong leg and can get the ball out of the back of the end zone on kickoffs, because we all know our kick coverage sucks.

But it's great to have a chance at FGs now.

Leave a comment:

• darklord
    replied
    Just really happy Elway made this move

Leave a comment:

• IHaveBRONC-itus
    replied
    "Feely went 14-of-15 in field-goal attempts with a long of 60 yards during his audition but was told by the Broncos they wanted to go with the younger option." Per denverpost.com

Wonder how Barth did and what was his longest??

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Sorry for McManus, but happy that we're proactive on this matter.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Barth kicked for KC in 2008 so kicking in Arrowhead this weekend will be nothing new.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by multimoussa View Post
    I wonder why they chose barth and nor feely? anything better than what we had.
    Age might be factor, Barth is 28 (2 years younger than Prater) and Feely is 38, he could be a long term solution instead of just a 5-8 game rental.

Leave a comment:

• multimoussa
    replied
    I am so excited because with a good kicker we can put games away. McManus is still young so he will get a chance to mature in a practice squad or something, I wish him all the luck too.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Originally posted by multimoussa View Post
    I wonder why they chose barth and nor feely? anything better than what we had.
    I know they both worked out today, so I'm either assuming Barth had the better workout, and/or was the cheaper option. He was a good kicker for the Bucs, so I'm happy with the signing if he can be solid.

Edit:

I just checked his career stats when kicking in Denver: Perfect 4/4 coming on kicks of 26, 31, 50 and 55 yards.
    Last edited by Bootleg; 11-25-2014, 12:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X