Gase Seen As Candidate For Harbaugh Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    before harbaugh......no playoffs in 9 nine years and 3 HC.
    with harbaugh......playoffs every year including 2 NFCC games and 1 SB

so easy to criticize from the couch..........

Yes I guess it probably is but like you I live in the world of what have you done for me lately. PFM can attest to that. Mr. Harbaugh just got beat by the Raiders and it looks like they won't make the playoffs this year. My point is that his schtick wears thin pretty quickly. His coaching style is best suited for College because the players move on quickly and won't quit on him like they seem to have done in the pros. JMHO
    Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
      I wouldn't mind seeing Gase leave at all. I mean, Manning pretty much calls the offense anyway. This would grant us the perfect opportunity to find a real offensive coordinator, one who might bring different looks with different personnel groupings and most importantly emphasize a more balanced attack. Oz is still developing and I honestly don't think he has enough experience to be able to adjust the play at the line of scrimmage like Manning does. Assuming Manning leaves in the next year or so, we're gonna need someone to ease our future QB into the game and not put all the weight on his shoulders, kinda like we did in the Tebow era, though McCoy's play calling was just as vanilla. (P.s. I miss seeing the I-formation, offset I, two back sets, and play actions that actually fooled defenders.)
      I have to disagree, While Gase is not ready to be a HC, he is growing into his role of OC. Lately he has been calling most of the plays. If Peyton was calling the plays, it would not be over 30% run plays. Peyton has the option to audible if he sees something in the defensive line up.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Larryh View Post
        Yes I guess it probably is but like you I live in the world of what have you done for me lately. PFM can attest to that. Mr. Harbaugh just got beat by the Raiders and it looks like they won't make the playoffs this year. My point is that his schtick wears thin pretty quickly. His coaching style is best suited for College because the players move on quickly and won't quit on him like they seem to have done in the pros. JMHO
        That may be true but that doesn't mean he has done a bad job in SF. He took an average team and made them contenders every year.
        sigpic

Comment

That may be true but that doesn't mean he has done a bad job in SF. He took an average team and made them contenders every year.
          I absolutely agree with that but it is my opinion that the yelling, screaming rah rah stuff has a pretty short shelf life in the pros. I think that Fox has done the same sort of job with the Broncos, albeit a different style, but he is going to be hard pressed to keep his job if we don't win the SB. I don't know what the answer is but I doubt that it is Harbaugh. JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Larryh View Post
            I absolutely agree with that but it is my opinion that the yelling, screaming rah rah stuff has a pretty short shelf life in the pros. I think that Fox has done the same sort of job with the Broncos, albeit a different style, but he is going to be hard pressed to keep his job if we don't win the SB. I don't know what the answer is but I doubt that it is Harbaugh. JMHO
            I'm not on the harbaugh coming to denver train either but I think he has done a great job for them.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not on the harbaugh coming to denver train either but I think he has done a great job for them.
              I agree with that 100%

Comment

Working...
              X