No announcement yet.

Denver Broncos kickers: Killing two birds with one stone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All in all there's some good and some bad. He's better than I had thought but I maintain that he's still overpaid and is no longer a top punter in the league. The altitude helps him out.

Comment

Bring back mitch berger! !

Comment

When they signed Barth, especially after he nailed his FGs but struggled with KO distance (granted, the conditions sucked), I thought they should simply teach Colquitt how to handle the KO duties. That, of course, is assuming he has a strong enough leg to hit the end zone. That would extract more value for Colquitt's salary, save wear and tear on Barth, and provide solid kicking in both.

Plus, I attended a practice this year and I was amazed at how little the punter actually did. Basically, he was shagging passes for Oz and Dysert. I can't punt but I can certainly catch return passes for a backup QB and hand him the ball. I would do that task for about 2% of Colquitt's salary. And, I'd wash the other player's cars, on my off day.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          But he isn't, he's overrated and overpaid. He never flips field position. If we go 3 and out after a touchback, the other team is going to start their drive around the 50. People complain about our defense and the ppg but colquitt not being able to flip field position is a big part in us allowing 23 ppg.
          Agree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            But he isn't, he's overrated and overpaid. He never flips field position. If we go 3 and out after a touchback, the other team is going to start their drive around the 50. People complain about our defense and the ppg but colquitt not being able to flip field position is a big part in us allowing 23 ppg.
            His performance today says otherwise, he can pen them deep.......
            sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
              His performance today says otherwise, he can pen them deep.......
              It was a good game, but this is the colquitt in denver. He isn't as good on the road. Watching nick Novak punt tonight, I wouldn't mind seeing McManus do some punting

Comment

Working...
              X