DT "I'll take a hometown discount"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    At least it appears the deal should go through without a hang up over pride... or worse ... a small fraction of the total.

Also says that DT doesn't want to leave. Maybe this is DT's way of saying make me an offer at least - don't give me the Eric Decker treatment and not even offer me something. (as unlikely as that would be)
    His situation is nothing like Decker's was.

Eric is a quality receiver, but nothing really special. A very good #2. DT, is a truly special player.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
      I agree. I suspect it will not be cheap like others think. OaKland and others have between 10-18 million more in cap space
      Than we do

So Good chance is that they drive his price up out of our range. What a way of improving your team and hurting the division rival
      They'll never get a chance to drive up the price, if he hasn't agreed before the end of the franchise tag window then they'll quickly slap that on him. I know you're a big Julius Thomas guy, and that's fair, but the more important player for this team is Demaryius Thomas. I would guess Demaryius knows the franchise tag is coming which is why he's willing to take a discount.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        They'll never get a chance to drive up the price, if he hasn't agreed before the end of the franchise tag window then they'll quickly slap that on him. I know you're a big Julius Thomas guy, and that's fair, but the more important player for this team is Demaryius Thomas. I would guess Demaryius knows the franchise tag is coming which is why he's willing to take a discount.
        they would be wise to tag DT as the cost would be less (about 4 mil a year) than a full contract, that would mean more money available for the rest of the group including JT.

Yes I'm a fan of his but no less than for DT, WW, PM, CJ and Sanders.

you can also throw Green in that mix as I had thought this year they MIGHT throw at him more after he makes a LOS block, but health so far has prevented it.

Comment

When the time is right, hopefully, parade day in Denver, he will just ink his name to a new contract.
          sigpic
          The Bronco fan pledge;
          I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
          I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
          I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
          I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
          Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

The one thing DT didn't say........

the "hometown" discount is $9.99 on most days of the week (check your local publications for details).

(he'll be back!!)

Comment

The problem is rarely because a player won't take a discount; the problem is usually the baseline a player believes he is worth. If DT feels like he's worth $20 million (unrealistic, but exaggerated to make a point), then even an $18 million payday is a "discount." Unfortunately, that's probably a discount the Broncos would not be willing to accept.

However, if he's realistic about what he's worth - given that his talent, while impressive, isn't Calvin Johnson level - then there should be no problem signing him.

Comment

Working...
              X