Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father time has caught up to Peyton Manning

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...peyton-manning

Yes, because 3 bad games in 4 must mean he's done.

Of course, all these "experts" had Brady done at the beginning of the year too.

Comment

Great teams run the ball.

in before the lock/merge
      sigpic

Comment

Well, I know one thing.

The Broncos fans should be thanking the Patriots for beating the Chargers because I do not see the Chargers losing one more game and I am confident the Chargers will hand the Broncos their 4th loss next week.

4 three and outs for Brady and the Patriots, his defense will hold but if it is 4 three and outs for Peyton and the Broncos, the Broncos' D will give up at least 1 TD and more, possibly. There in lies the difference between the Patriots and Broncos squads, the character and patience to persevere and not make mistakes in a low offensive output game that is tied for most of the time.

Comment

Page click article is obvious
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Peyton does seem to be coming down from his peak, but I cannot think of anyone more capable.
            sigpic

Comment

Some times teams and QBs struggle. Our team is trying to become more balanced and as Manning said in his presser it's taking time and hard on everyone to make the adjustment.

He also said when he's not throwing repeatedly it's more difficult to get in a rhythm and be as accurate as he normally is. He acknowledged that the fans aren't used to seeing our team play like this and asked for patience.

And we won.

Now, did you watch NE play last night? For 3 quarters they looked like crap. All they could do was score 2 FGs. Brady was overthrowing his receivers, he was throwing balls in the dirt, and the Pats had gone 4 3 and outs and couldn't do anything until Edelman broke a tackle and scored.

They were also the beneficiary of getting short fields because of the injury to SDs punter.

I think we also should realize guys on offense are banged up and will get better. But the team has been trying to address a problem to get better for the playoffs and it's hard, weird and taking a little time, but we're still winning. I'm hoping we get behind them while they figure it out.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                Great teams run the ball.

in before the lock/merge
                There is a difference between running and only running. Right now we are HEAVILY leaning towards the later. Normally I'd say no worries but we have half our RB stable hurt. On top of that our bigger target JT who is often used to stretch teams so the run game works is out and as we have seen Tamme is just not cutting it. Green could fill in for JT but not only can Tamme no longer catch a ball but he is not great blocker.

Comment

At the beginning of the season the pundits were saying Brady was done and should be benched. Now, I have to listen to people say Peyton is done. Pleeeaasse!

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                    Well, I know one thing.

The Broncos fans should be thanking the Patriots for beating the Chargers because I do not see the Chargers losing one more game and I am confident the Chargers will hand the Broncos their 4th loss next week.

4 three and outs for Brady and the Patriots, his defense will hold but if it is 4 three and outs for Peyton and the Broncos, the Broncos' D will give up at least 1 TD and more, possibly. There in lies the difference between the Patriots and Broncos squads, the character and patience to persevere and not make mistakes in a low offensive output game that is tied for most of the time.
                    Hmm, what an interesting take. I love how different narratives get spun. So, the Patriots played like crap for 3 and a half quarters last night and gutted out a win in the 4th quarter and they are viewed as a team of character and one with perseverance and patience. They literally couldn't do anything on offense and as you said, went 4 3 and outs in the 3rd quarter. Brady was overthrowing his receivers, he was throwing balls in the dirt and was off for a big part of that game. Had Edelman not been able to break that tackle, which he shouldn't have been able to, they wouldn't have gotten that TD. The Pats were also the beneficiary of short fields most of the night due to the injury of the SD punter. But despite playing like crap for most of the game, they were able to find a way to win.

The Broncos have played very strong teams and in the last three games, teams with tough defenses. We are trying to change our approach and trying to have more balance. Manning is not throwing the ball as effectively as he usually does, he's overthrowing, throwing some balls in the dirt, (just like Brady last night) and the team is still finding ways to win. But, the narrative for our team is that we suck, we can't get anything done on offense, Manning is old, tired, and washed up. Yet we still have the same record as the vaulted NE Patriots. Yes, I know we are the 2nd seed. But, we are STILL FINDING WAYS TO WIN.

The Chargers didn't show me anything last night that says that we can't beat them. Our defense will however need to stop going into that ridiculous prevent crap. We usually play SD tough, but they've only beaten us one time since 2012. I say we have a good shot of beating them next week. Peyton said in his presser that he expects our offense to look much different against them than what we've been showing these past couple of weeks.
                    Last edited by broncoslover115; 12-08-2014, 07:41 AM.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

You may have underestimated the Bills defense. Normally when I watch a Broncos game, Manning scores at will. You all had to earn all 24 points yesterday. It wasn't handed to you like normal.

Comment

You think it's his neck?

Remember the RG3 play him or sit him debacle?
                        Somewhere Mike and Peggy do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bills22 View Post
                          You may have underestimated the Bills defense. Normally when I watch a Broncos game, Manning scores at will. You all had to earn all 24 points yesterday. It wasn't handed to you like normal.

I agree,the Bills front four are good...but my only complaint I would say is that the Broncos have a habit of letting teams getting back into the game...I don't understand it at all...The lack of killer instinct annoys me.
                          I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                            I agree,the Bills front four are good...but my only complaint I would say is that the Broncos have a habit of letting teams getting back into the game...I don't understand it at all...The lack of killer instinct annoys me.
                            Look at Rivers' record against teams like the Steelers, Ravens, Jets that rush more than four consistently. If you have the man CBs, you must blitz against Rivers. Rush just four like the Seahawks earlier this year, or the Colts of years past in the Peyton era (it was tiring to watch as a Colts fan), Rivers will pick apart the zones. Rush more than four and disguise it well enough, Rivers struggles (ala Arizona at the beginning of the year, Patriots yesterday).

Guess what Belichick did, he pulled a Rex Ryan, sending blitzes down the A gap and edges and it worked perfectly.

Comment

This has to literally be the 100th thread like this -- this season.

Win or lose, when Manning is chucking the ball all over the field, they aren't running it enough. Now that the running game is being absolutely forced on first and second down -- a huge mistake, in my opinion, because it is no more balanced than throwing it 50 times per game -- everyone wants to act as if Peyton's done and that's the reason CJ is getting such a heavy workload. Gain some perspective. Please.

Comment

Working...
                              X