Father time has caught up to Peyton Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    All of the Elway bashing in the world won't make up for the fact that Manning sucks in the playoffs.
    Who's bashing Elway? Convenient way to move on, I suppose.

(I was an Elway fan long before I ever heard about Peyton Manning.)
    "This is a terrible thread and I've negged the OP." -CoryWinget81
    "If the ACL is torn ... Von will in fact miss next year as well." -PFM2013

Comment

• Originally posted by crash123go View Post
      DT was a 1st round pick and decker was a 3rd pick who both performed at a high level in a Tebow lead offense. Brandon Stokley was already a established slot receiver known for his route running and a SB ring with Baltimore.

Sanders lack of production has more to do with the system ran in Pittsburgh because Sanders is precise route runner. He would've put big numbers up with Bree's, Rodgers, Brady or rivers.

At this point, the talent Elway has assembled is carrying Manning more then Manning is bloating their stats.
      Really because Decker caught only 46% of the passes thrown his way, and DT caught only 48%. They were lucky there CR% didnt double when Manning took over because they were closer to 70% then anything. Deckers YPT nerly went up by 3 yards per play. They never had a +10 TD season either. I wouldnt say they thrived under Tebow in fact most were calling Decker lucky to be in the NFL after Tebow was done with him

Eddie Royal looked so bad under Tebow he wasnt even welcomed back here. Dont remember that season so fondly it was amazing these guys still have jobs after that joke

Also Stokely played 7 games started 1 in the season the Ravens won and he had 11 catches he really established himself with those 11 catches in winning that ring. Yes he had 3 catches in the game but he wasnt really established hen in fact he never had a 30+ reception season till he played with Manning where he did establish himself.
      Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 12-21-2014, 10:22 AM.
      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• This thread basically predicted the future.

I was hoping against hope that I was wrong.

Manning will never win a sb in Denver.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• In some ways, father time seemed to catch up with a number of Broncos. Where has the pass rush gone? Even DT looked lost at times.

I love this team, and Manning has been amazing for the most part. I am not even sure what we do next. So much talent on paper, and so many regular season wins. Even I have to admit, two of three years with losses after the bye week and at home just doesn't cut it.

If we keep most of what we have, I would actually understand the worries folks would have late in the season.....doubting the end result. Therefore there has to be some notable change.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            In some ways, father time seemed to catch up with a number of Broncos. Where has the pass rush gone? Even DT looked lost at times.

I love this team, and Manning has been amazing for the most part. I am not even sure what we do next. So much talent on paper, and so many regular season wins. Even I have to admit, two of three years with losses after the bye week and at home just doesn't cut it.

If we keep most of what we have, I would actually understand the worries folks would have late in the season.....doubting the end result. Therefore there has to be some notable change.
            we go with a coach that has gonads and his players will go thru walls for him.

DT has been intimidated in more than one game, which I do not understand considering he has 3" and 30+ pounds on most CBs

Maybe it was how foxes group taught him.

Maybe he has no balls.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              All of the Elway bashing in the world won't make up for the fact that Manning sucks in the playoffs.
              Sucks like Brady?
              http://www.pro-football-reference.co...r_playoffs.htm

Comment

Working...
              X