Refs fist-bump after Broncos' Anderson touchdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refs fist-bump after Broncos' Anderson touchdown

It wasn't just the Denver fans that were celebrating after CJ Anderson's 1-yard touchdown Sunday, the refs got in on the action with a celebratory fist-bump of their own.

Cue the conspiracists!!

Bills' safety Aaron Williams tweeted:

No excuse for my performance but can't win playing 16 vs 11 thought I seen it all Smh https://vine.co/v/Or5jHYrXF5t
    Aren't there 7 officials, not 5? Were some missing? Lol.

I think the refs can enjoy their work as much as anybody, which is probably all this is (even what i think the NFL officially said in a statement). As that could easily be misunderstood (thanks Williams!), the refs should recognize their impartiality is important. As it is often enough called into question, they should leave their high-fives and fist- and chest-bumps off the field.

Pretty funny though.

I'm glad I got him on my Fantasy! Wanted to hi 5 but that would've been to obvious.
    sigpic

Comment

They were fist bumping eachother because they felt they nailed the call....had noting to do with Anderson or the Broncos, this Bills player Aaron Williams is a sour grapes complaining turd who cant accept the fact that he couldnt stop Anderson from scoring 3 times and his playoff hopes depend on Kyle Orton
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

The Ref's are like a 3rd team on the field and it is natural for them to congratulate each other for overcoming the challenges they encounter calling a game. The suggestion that this was a celebration of Anderson is ridiculous and sour grapes over getting pwned in the run game.
        sigpic

Comment

Its the talk of sports media....for no reason. It wasn't a 'we on Denver side' thing. The Bills player should do less making stupid excuses and more watching film and practicing.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

if you watch the whole play. the ref on the left runs to look under the pile and sees CJ in the endzone and gives a thumbs up to the sideline ref when he was signaling TD.

they both confirmed it and thus they said good job to each other.

no big deal here. i saw it live and rewound it and knew thats why they did it

Comment

lol that does look bad.
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                lol that does look bad.
                its not. watch the whole replay. it looks bad only because of the clip that was recorded.

if u see the whole play. its not bad

Comment

It does look bad

Comment

Now if it were Hoculli, then it might be an issue, lol!
                    #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                      Now if it were Hoculli, then it might be an issue, lol!
                      And he'd come out to the middle of the field and give a 5 minute explanation of what the fist bump is, where it originated, why they did it, what it means in the EZ and what it would have meant if they did it on the 50 yard line.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

ATTENTION ALL BILLS FANS:

John Elway gave in secret one million dollars to the NFL Referee association so that they can finally call the penalty plays our way! Each ref gets a cut of that one million!

Don't tell anyone else! Its a secret!

Comment

Not a big deal at all. Funny how it has become one.

For the sake of comedy, I keep imagining the day when a ref does a "victory dance" when his call is confirmed by the video review. Something ridiculous like we see every tackle for loss or first down these days. Now that would be funny!

Comment

They may have had money on the under.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                              Not a big deal at all. Funny how it has become one.

For the sake of comedy, I keep imagining the day when a ref does a "victory dance" when his call is confirmed by the video review. Something ridiculous like we see every tackle for loss or first down these days. Now that would be funny!
                              ROFL that does paint a picture - that one Detroit TE's victory dance would be perfect too - the twerk

Imagine Tripplett twerking after confirming the ruling on the field

Comment

Working...
                              X