Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weary of winning, Broncos fans yearn for the days of Star Wars Peyton

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/1...ar-wars-peyton

A nice write up on the transition of our team.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

"Weary of winning"; that's hilarious.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Excellent article
      Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

Comment

I like to win games.

sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
          I like to win games.

you lose.....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            you lose.....
            winning at losing.

Comment

garbage article.

I don't think anyone is "weary of winning". I think this team is past regular season wins and losses. Those of us concerned are concerned with the playoffs, and rightfully so.

Wow what a garbage article by someone who doesn't get it.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                garbage article.

I don't think anyone is "weary of winning". I think this team is past regular season wins and losses. Those of us concerned are concerned with the playoffs, and rightfully so.

Wow what a garbage article by someone who doesn't get it.
                Have some fries with that...
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I'm just tired of the running narrative that people can't talk about the bad things they see because the team posted a W.

It's expected that the Broncos will win a majority of their games. Winning in the regular season is the rule now, not the exception.

I know I sound jaded, but that's how I feel. Im not asking or even wanting the Broncos to win by 40 and manning throw 5 tds a game. I love that they are running the ball and taking chances on defense.

I'm very concerned about predictable playcalling along with our QB who's supposed to be the best in the league, having no arm strength. I don't mean Rodgers type arm strength, because Peyton has never had that. He doesn't have even enough on the ball to be his usual accurate self.

But me thinking this way is apparently undermining these wins, if you read the write up.

I hope he magically snaps out of his funk and at least starts being accurate on passes over 5 yards. Teams WILL stop the running game in the playoffs, even if momentarily. I'm glad the Broncos are committing to running the ball, too.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    I'm just tired of the running narrative that people can't talk about the bad things they see because the team posted a W.

It's expected that the Broncos will win a majority of their games. Winning in the regular season is the rule now, not the exception.

I know I sound jaded, but that's how I feel. Im not asking or even wanting the Broncos to win by 40 and manning throw 5 tds a game. I love that they are running the ball and taking chances on defense.

I'm very concerned about predictable playcalling along with our QB who's supposed to be the best in the league, having no arm strength. I don't mean Rodgers type arm strength, because Peyton has never had that. He doesn't have even enough on the ball to be his usual accurate self.

But me thinking this way is apparently undermining these wins, if you read the write up.

I hope he magically snaps out of his funk and at least starts being accurate on passes over 5 yards. Teams WILL stop the running game in the playoffs, even if momentarily. I'm glad the Broncos are committing to running the ball, too.
                    I think both are concerns many share with you. The problem isn't our desire to run a balanced offense, it's how we execute it. As you said, it's predictable. I'll take it further and call it abysmal. We are not even playing to one of Peyton's strengths, the play-action.

If fans can figure it out, chances are coordinators can too. I miss some of the gutsy, brilliant calls by Shanahan.

Manning's accuracy is a touchy subject and I have a feeling someone is going to rub that 20+ yd stat line in my face but I'll say it anyway..

Even if he "snaps out of his funk", Manning's deep ball isn't fast enough to fully utilize a big, fast wideout like DT because of the hang time (increased trajectory) to compensate for the lack of arm strength. Dismiss it if you want but it's a problem that adds to the predictability of our offense.

Some people will go "YEAH!" on a big play but if the receiver has to come back for the ball on what would have been a TD pass, I can't help but feel cheated on.

This offense has a lot of great plays but very few big plays.
                    Adopted Poster
                    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I lean towards Cory here. I think the article exaggerates most of fans atleast most of my feelings. I am very happy with the changes I have seen the past couple weeks. I hope we keep running the ball and strengthen the run game going into the playoffs. I like the run the ball be successful and keep the openent off the field philosophy. Fox was saying their was nothing wrong with our run game. Bull, thats why we were playing merrygo round with our front. But they have made adjustments since ST louis and I am for the most part happy with them. It kinda sucks we have to bring Cornick in as extral blocker cause we are taking away from other parts, but all in all a good move imo. I also like seeing us blitz a lot more and be more aggressive on defense. I almost feel a rebirth watching some of the changes we have made. We had the most prolific passing offense in the nfl last year and I don't think it just went away in a matter of months. The game plans and the way we go about it have changed and I think that bodes well for the playoffs. That doesn't mean there arent still some patterns I worry about that are still happening. I still see us in soft zones rushing 3 in long yard 3rd or 4th down situations. I still see us softening up on both O and D way to early imo when we are ahead. I see us laying back and protecting rather than going for the knock out punch. Even though we are running, we are not using a whole lot of plays that the run opens up like play action. And even though we are running, sometimes to me it seems a little predictable on Offense. I am like Cory, in a way spoiled, cause I look past the regular season into the playoffs and what we will do there. Some of the things do still worry me. All in all though I am happy (esctatic really ) in the changes made so far and hope we keep moving forward in the current directions on both sides of the ball. I have no problem with winning, I just wish to win it all and this team is built for just that. I think this team has more than enough talent on it to do it.

As for the article, it brings up some points, and I do get it, yep in some ways we are spoiled. Doesn't make our points any less right. And while some in the article are too, imo it exagerates our concerns greatly and the title is garbage. Just my opinion though now I'll stop rambling
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

i thought this was a good article. exactly spot on, no but close IMHO.

i do agree with fans complaining. heck, i complain. it's a sport at the end of the day.

just some things to think about...the threads an posts here. there is a ton of negative OP and replies. it's pretty ridiculous actually and those fans i believe sound off the wall. i guess it is part of society, but that's one of the negatives about message bards, knee jerk reactions. we are all guilty of it, but some take it to another level.

this team is 10-3, currently the #2 seed and has been changing the philosophy of the offense after getting crushed by what most would consider a lesser team. since then the broncos have not lost and as a whole have played well. that is a testament to everyone involved on the team, players, coaches, the water boy too. it's also impressive to think in the midst are some good defenses, added KC in KC.

i will say this. the season has it's ups and downs, we all are aware of this. but this transformation is huge and challenging. again, i am impressed with almost how effortless it looks. we really have a talented group. maybe we, as a whole not specific, should appreciate it.

last time i checked i would rather have PFM out there then just about anyone. so when someone complains about him and how terrible he is playing maybe a solution should come along with it. i would like to hear a better one.

but back to the transformation, which we still are in. we all know about the pendulum analogy. at this moment, we have really been focusing on the run. let's see how the next few weeks go. in the end, it may be more dangerous then the one we saw last year.

Comment

What does this guy want? To go back to throwing it 55 times a game? That might bring back record breaking stats but that's not the goal of this team.

Fans will be just happy as they can be if Manning finishes each game with 60 passer rating as long as we win every post season game and have a big parade in Denver

This isn't the Colts Manning. This is the Broncos Manning and he's going to 'share the responsibility' so they can be less predictable. Now that there's a true threat of break away rushing, if they want to sell out to stop it, Manning can do his thing, and I like our chances with this formula.

What fans are 'weary' of is having a team that's capable of putting up flashy numbers because Manning can beat 1 or 2 guys on the other team over and over. That's not going to cut it in the playoffs. It's too predictable - it can be adjusted for by playoff teams. Of course I can't speak for all the fans, but neither can the author of that article.

If he wants to go back to Star Wars, he must be a Manning fan first - Bronco fan second.

I do understand his apprehension with Manning's recent performances. But look, Manning is one the greatest to ever play QB. In this new style of football Denver's playing, Manning is going to have to adjust some - it might take getting used to but he should be able to do it. It's not like he's just some rookie out there. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Maybe the Broncos are still finding their perfect balance in keeping Manning's rhythm against keeping a legitimate rushing threat on any given play. We're still in transition. It's still evolving. Like Fox said, their body of work is not yet complete.
                          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Yesterday Brian Dawkins and Ron Jaworski weren't worried about Peyton Manning. I'm not either.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                              What does this guy want? To go back to throwing it 55 times a game? That might bring back record breaking stats but that's not the goal of this team.

Fans will be just happy as they can be if Manning finishes each game with 60 passer rating as long as we win every post season game and have a big parade in Denver

This isn't the Colts Manning. This is the Broncos Manning and he's going to 'share the responsibility' so they can be less predictable. Now that there's a true threat of break away rushing, if they want to sell out to stop it, Manning can do his thing, and I like our chances with this formula.

What fans are 'weary' of is having a team that's capable of putting up flashy numbers because Manning can beat 1 or 2 guys on the other team over and over. That's not going to cut it in the playoffs. It's too predictable - it can be adjusted for by playoff teams. Of course I can't speak for all the fans, but neither can the author of that article.

If he wants to go back to Star Wars, he must be a Manning fan first - Bronco fan second.

I do understand his apprehension with Manning's recent performances. But look, Manning is one the greatest to ever play QB. In this new style of football Denver's playing, Manning is going to have to adjust some - it might take getting used to but he should be able to do it. It's not like he's just some rookie out there. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Maybe the Broncos are still finding their perfect balance in keeping Manning's rhythm against keeping a legitimate rushing threat on any given play. We're still in transition. It's still evolving. Like Fox said, their body of work is not yet complete.
                              I'm a little confused by your post because besides the stupid title, the article actually agrees with your point of view. I'm confused because you seem to be challenging the author's viewpoint, yet if you read past the first paragraph he is saying pretty much what you are. Hence my confusion.
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                              X