Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emmanuel Sanders: Bills’ safety said Stephon Gilmore was trying to take me out

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Emmanuel Sanders: Bills’ safety said Stephon Gilmore was trying to take me out

    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...ng-take/31466/

    "Emmanuel Sanders has taken his share of rough hits this season, and last Sunday’s game against Buffalo at Sports Authority Field was no exception.

    Bills cornerback Stephon Gilmore popped Sanders in the second quarter as he went up for a catch, causing another concussion scare for the Broncos’ receiver. Trainers came out to check on him, but he quickly stood up, took a bow and returned to the game.

    Gilmore, meanwhile, was flagged for defensive interference and Bills defensive end Jerry Hughes, who got into it with some Broncos players because he disagreed with the call, was called for unsportsmanlike conduct. Bills safety Aaron Williams also started jawing at the Broncos’ sideline and got into it with defensive tackle Terrance Knighton, who had a few words about Williams after the game.

    “First of all, if you hit a guy and it’s a football play and you didn’t mean to do it, (then) show some sportsmanship,” Knighton told reporters after the game. “You know, when you’re not that elite of a player to be jawing to our sideline, and if that’s your way of getting your team into the game, then I feel bad for your team. Just play the game within the rules and don’t come on the sideline acting like your intent is to hurt players because that shouldn’t be how it is. Players are a fraternity, and I don’t even believe he was the guy that hit him, so I don’t know what his argument was.”

    The part fans and media didn’t hear? When Williams went over to Sanders and said Gilmore was trying to take him out.

    “Yeah, he actually told me that and I just kind of laughed it off,” Sanders said Thursday. “But that’s not the first time I’ve heard that and it’s not the last time I’m going to hear it.”

    Given the number of hard hits Sanders has sustained lately, it almost seems like safeties are going for bodies, not the football.

    “That’s the vibe that I’m getting lately,” Sanders concurred. “When I first started in the National Football League, guys were worried about interceptions because"


    If true that's just sad
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

  • #2
    Id be angry too if i played for buffalo and neck beard was my qb glad Sanders is TOUGH

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
      Id be angry too if i played for buffalo and neck beard was my qb glad Sanders is TOUGH

      I must say the toughness that Sanders displays has made him my Favorite Bronco.Love his get up no matter how hard he gets hit mentality.As my old mate Rocky Balboa always said it aint about how hard you can hit its about how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward.This is Emmanuel Sanders to a tee.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk82j1jQw_8

      Comment


      • #4
        Ten years ago and for decades prior, that was a legal hit and a good play. Steve Atwater made those hits all the time.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          So the offender admitted he was trying to take Sanders out?
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rancid View Post
            Ten years ago and for decades prior, that was a legal hit and a good play. Steve Atwater made those hits all the time.
            Agree, it was pass interference and that was the call on the field that was declined. It's football, to much crying over hits, i actually feel sorry for the refs, these plays should be re-viewable so they can get the call right and not have to be second guessed.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rancid View Post
              Ten years ago and for decades prior, that was a legal hit and a good play. Steve Atwater made those hits all the time.
              Hit was legal and it wasn't flagged from my memory. He got flagged because he played the player and not the ball and got there first so he got flagged for PI. Then it was someone else who got the unsportsmanlike conduct so nothing was wrong with any of the flags.

              So I disagree with a good play because he didn't time it right as he got there first. Good play would have been going for the ball because you know turnovers are much better than flags.




              Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                Hit was legal and it wasn't flagged from my memory. He got flagged because he played the player and not the ball and got there first so he got flagged for PI. Then it was someone else who got the unsportsmanlike conduct so nothing was wrong with any of the flags.

                So I disagree with a good play because he didn't time it right as he got there first. Good play would have been going for the ball because you know turnovers are much better than flags.
                The hit was flagged which led to the unsportsmanlike penalty. The refs called both and we took the latter.

                Watching the play afterward as it was discussed, it was clean. He led with his shoulder and hit Sanders in his shoulder. The timing was close, so much so that I would think a non-call is better.

                The refs called it, I believe, because they've been heavily enforcing the defensive interference penalties all season and the party was so fast and hit so hard. I think he assumed it was a penalty.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                  The hit was flagged which led to the unsportsmanlike penalty. The refs called both and we took the latter.

                  Watching the play afterward as it was discussed, it was clean. He led with his shoulder and hit Sanders in his shoulder. The timing was close, so much so that I would think a non-call is better.

                  The refs called it, I believe, because they've been heavily enforcing the defensive interference penalties all season and the party was so fast and hit so hard. I think he assumed it was a penalty.
                  I believe this article pointed out that he got flagged for PI which than led a different player to draw an unsportsman like flag. So he was flagged for PI and not the hit. And he got there early and didn't even make a play for the ball he went straight for the player so I don't see anything wrong with the calls on the field.

                  PI for getting there early and unsportsman on the other player who probably did something stupid thinking the flag was defenseless receiver which it wasn't. Like I said we have seen ticky tack PI calls all year long and the only thing flagged on Gilmore was PI not for the hit.

                  Gilmore, meanwhile, was flagged for defensive interference and Bills defensive end Jerry Hughes, who got into it with some Broncos players because he disagreed with the call, was called for unsportsmanlike conduct




                  Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The call on the field was PI, post play was unsportsmanlike conduct. We too the conduct penalty as that netted us more yards
                    sigpic
                    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                      Hit was legal and it wasn't flagged from my memory. He got flagged because he played the player and not the ball and got there first so he got flagged for PI. Then it was someone else who got the unsportsmanlike conduct so nothing was wrong with any of the flags.

                      So I disagree with a good play because he didn't time it right as he got there first. Good play would have been going for the ball because you know turnovers are much better than flags.
                      I stand corrected. I was really meaning to 'head off' complaining about the hit itself, not the PI call; but I think you already knew that.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                        I stand corrected. I was really meaning to 'head off' complaining about the hit itself, not the PI call; but I think you already knew that.
                        yeah I just wasn't sure if you knew the hit wasn't flagged. But I agree with the hit being legal.




                        Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yea, I mean people are going to keep going after Sanders. He's sooo tough, and it's gotten him in (injury) trouble, and now that players have seen him get hurt a few times, they''re going to go after him that much harder when he does lay himself out there for the team. It/he's awesome for that, but it sucks at the same time, ya know? Health is going to play a huge factor this year, between Emmanuel, Demaryius, Julius, our RBs, and Gronk...

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X