Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Harris signed 5 years

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 9s10 seconds ago

Breaking: Chris Harris agrees to 5-year, $42.5M contract extension with Broncos: http://dpo.st/1w0mPVx via @mikeklis

Good job by Elway, this needed to be done. Now we can still franchise D Thomas if needed.

Moved................
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

If true this is a huge deal. That's a bargain price IMO for a guy who is arguably the best CB on our roster. I like the thought of having a solid secondary for years to come. Glad Elway took care of this now before he showed how great he is in the playoffs and really drove his price up. Thumbs up to the front office!

Comment

Awesome. We locked up one of our best players and honestly at somewhere around 8.6 per year this is a bargain. Great job by our FO on this one.

Also means that after next season I doubt Talib will be with us any more, which will be another great move considering his age and cap hit.
        Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

No wonder he was smiling on FB today??

So happy for Chris!!! He's such a great player!
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

John Elway's done it again

For those of you who might feel worried about the ever approaching ending of the Manning era, take a this news in and know that we're gonna be just fine with John Elway in the front office.

This is a sign of great things to come for the Denver Broncos. Big Al makes a great point about it too. Cuz NOW, Chris can go out and play this postseason without worrying about his health and his contract coming up .... just let it all hang out and ball

I couldn't be more proud of the Broncos Organization. It was my stance that Chris Harris was priority #1 as well as a few others around here and it looks like the Broncos might have thought the same thing. Even if DT is their priority #1 - getting this contract out of the way, makes everything else a much clearer picturer - as hazy as it is
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Fantastic news!!! I have been hoping they would get his deal done. Pay da man. He deserves it. Now let's get DT and Knighton locked up.
              sigpic

Comment

Extremely happy they got this done. It would have been an absolute shame to watch him sign with another team. Now on to DT.
                2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

This is AWESOME news! He is great on the field and off. He provides leadership and does everything the Broncos ask of him and more.

I honestly think this was a more important signing than DT or JT.

At an average of 8.5 mill/year this will make him the 12th highest paid CB in the league.
                  It will be interesting to see his whole contract (the devil is in the details).

Comment

Now that's a "HOMETOWN DISCOUNT"... Now if we can get DT signed, a JT signing will just be icing on the cake... It would be nice to have our key assets signed going into the off season after we win the Super Bowl (knock on wood).

Comment

Congrats Chris, well deserved
                      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Glad they signed him, thats a freaking steal compared to the others (Peterson, Sherm, Haden), and what Revis gets this offseason.

Comment

He took a big home town discount to stay in denver! Love these team first Elway guys!
                          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by DFence View Post
                            Now that's a "HOMETOWN DISCOUNT"... Now if we can get DT signed, a JT signing will just be icing on the cake... It would be nice to have our key assets signed going into the off season after we win the Super Bowl (knock on wood).
                            @VicLombardi: Next up for Broncos is DT. Then Knighton. That order.

I think Elway and the team have seen that JT isn't that important after his absence
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

This new deal will keep Harris with the Broncos through the 2019 season. His deal includes a $10 million signing bonus and will pay him $18 million through the first two years of his contract. That's the same two-year amount that teammate Aqib Talib received last year from the Broncos.

The Broncos opened contract talks back in early November, but the deal apparently hit a "snag" per reports.

Comment

Working...
                              X