Denver Broncos getting rave reviews for Chris Harris Jr. deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    He obviously liked the contract or he would not have signed it. He is an intelligent young man that weighed his options and chose the one best for him.

But you have to admit that no one likes to be criticized or told they made "bad choices". Some of those comments from the media were fairly harsh. Hard for Harris not to hear the outside voices. I do not think this changes his opinion of his decision but it certainly has to cast a shadow over his excitement.

And the outside comments are not going to end. Expect him to be on every "under-paid player" or "best team friendly contract" list that the experts can churn out.

I am happy for the young man. He worked hard and went from UDFA to one of the best in the league at his position on my favorite team. I am not criticizing him at all. But some are quite happy buzzing around like an annoying gnat. It is their job.
    But for all those comments you also have the overpaid #2 or he does every thing well but not great and all those comments to. If you get stuck listening to the media it will always cast a shadow over any excitement.

Don't forget this same media also said Tom Brady was done. Media says things to get clicks so if he was smart he wouldn't be listening to them in the first place. So I doubt he is having any regrets.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
      But for all those comments you also have the overpaid #2 or he does every thing well but not great and all those comments to. If you get stuck listening to the media it will always cast a shadow over any excitement.

Don't forget this same media also said Tom Brady was done. Media says things to get clicks so if he was smart he wouldn't be listening to them in the first place. So I doubt he is having any regrets.
      Exactly. I'm sure his agent knew the market value of his position and Harris chose to take the deal because he wanted to stay in Denver.

Sometimes it's kind of sad that we talk about $42 million as being under paid when people like teachers make ridiculously bad salaries and those in other professions are being laid off at alarming rates. I know it's what the market is, but sometimes it does bother me how much these guys get paid and hear the media talk about how $42 million is "cheap."
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        Exactly. I'm sure his agent knew the market value of his position and Harris chose to take the deal because he wanted to stay in Denver.

Sometimes it's kind of sad that we talk about $42 million as being under paid when people like teachers make ridiculously bad salaries and those in other professions are being laid off at alarming rates. I know it's what the market is, but sometimes it does bother me how much these guys get paid and hear the media talk about how $42 million is "cheap."
        Supply and demand is a tough concept. Only a couple of thousand players in the world can fill the stadium seats and drive the TV ratings. I will not begrudge them for getting paid.

How many hundreds of thousands of teachers are there? And to be fair, teachers have no stress of pay for performance as the athletes have. Imagine a world where teachers (or most professions) were scrutinized in the same way.

Comment

Supply and demand is a tough concept. Only a couple of thousand players in the world can fill the stadium seats and drive the TV ratings. I will not begrudge them for getting paid.

How many hundreds of thousands of teachers are there? And to be fair, teachers have no stress of pay for performance as the athletes have. Imagine a world where teachers (or most professions) were scrutinized in the same way.
          No, I get it. I understand the way the world works.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            No, I get it. I understand the way the world works.
            I am sure you do. My comment came out a lot more snotty and demeaning then I intended it to be. My apologies.

Comment

I am sure you do. My comment came out a lot more snotty and demeaning then I intended it to be. My apologies.
              Hey, no worries, didn't experience your post that way at all. :thumb:

Comment

The talking heads are saying that he could have gotten 3 or 4 million per year more. That is a lot of money and a huge hometown discount. As long as he is happy with the deal, that is all that matters. But still, it makes you wander if those figures are accurate.

As a fan, I'm ecstatic to have him locked up and getting him at that price helps with the other big names the Broncos need to sign. I'd just hate see him become disgruntled over the deal, is all.

Comment

Joe Banner? 20 years in Philly and Cleveland? Sorry, but how much weight does that carry. I'm sure Harris weighed his options. Hopefully he doesn't listen to stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtDiver View Post
                    The talking heads are saying that he could have gotten 3 or 4 million per year more. That is a lot of money and a huge hometown discount. As long as he is happy with the deal, that is all that matters. But still, it makes you wander if those figures are accurate.

As a fan, I'm ecstatic to have him locked up and getting him at that price helps with the other big names the Broncos need to sign. I'd just hate see him become disgruntled over the deal, is all.
                    Originally posted by BroncoDF View Post
                    Joe Banner? 20 years in Philly and Cleveland? Sorry, but how much weight does that carry. I'm sure Harris weighed his options. Hopefully he doesn't listen to stuff like this.
                    During Chris' presser upon signing the deal, a reporter asked him if he realized that he could have made more money. He said that he did and that sometimes money isn't the only thing to consider.

He said he wanted to stay in Denver, his family was happy there, he loved being a Bronco, loved the organization and that he made enough with the deal that satisfied his financial future and kept him in an organization and place where he and his family wanted to be.

Nuf said. Hat's off Chris!

Comment

We should get some praise we signed him on a great deal just happy Elway got this done

Comment

This is a couple days old but I only first saw it today

Elway on the deal
                        http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...c-08e184a848b7

Harris on the deal

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...c-8af5cd64e02b
                        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                          This is a couple days old but I only first saw it today

Elway on the deal
                          http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...c-08e184a848b7

Harris on the deal

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...c-8af5cd64e02b
                          How can someone not love CHJ? He is everything you want in a player, then he goes and says he doesn't care about being the highest paid corner? I just love his attitude, so pumped that we aren't going to lose him. If we can get DT and TK locked up I will be satisfied.
                          Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Just thought I'd throw this in here, Chris Harris showing some of his technique with E. Sanders. I wish they had the whole show up called "The Broncos Huddle." John Elway even went so far as to say he considers E. Sanders his greatest free agent signing ever, Sanders said, "Well, maybe I'm #2 behind Manning."

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nf...ncos/20536775/

Comment

Working...
                            X