Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emmanuel Sanders gives Broncos 10 Pro Bowl selections

-Emmanuel Sanders gives Broncos 10 Pro Bowl selections-

"Whoever the Denver Broncos hire as head coach, he could get a good look at some of the team's high-profile members in the Pro Bowl.

Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders became the Broncos’ 10th Pro Bowl selection Thursday, when he was added to game to replace Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones. Sanders, who was part of the team's offseason free-agent haul, finished the season with career-bests in catches (101), receiving yards (1,404) and touchdowns (nine).

Sanders’ catch total and yardage total were both fifth in the league. Sanders, who had not had a 100-yard receiving game in his four years with the Pittsburgh Steelers, had seven for the Broncos this season. Sanders has repeatedly called his signing in Denver as a career move "to wide receiver heaven."

Sanders now joins quarterback Peyton Manning, left tackle Ryan Clady, cornerback Chris Harris Jr., linebacker Von Miller, cornerback Aqib Talib, wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, tight end Julius Thomas, safety T.J. Ward and defensive end DeMarcus Ware as Pro Bowlers. " ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...owl-selections

Glad he got in

IMO he was one of the brightest stars of our 2014 season
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

He definitely deserved it.

While DT is great, Sanders is a baller. He's not afraid which elevates his game further.
      Adopted Poster
      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

This team was absolutely loaded with talent.

Comment

What was great about Sanders (except last week giving up on blocking) was how he elevated his position.

When Decker left we wanted a steady, dependable #2. A number of people doubted Sanders due to his size difference and skill set differing from what we were used to in Decker. Yet he really stood out in ways Decker never quite did. In his own way, he became more like a second #1 receiver that teams really had to plan for.

Comment

DT not playing in the ProBowl.
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Just wondering, I don't think Manning plays would he? If he has two sore quads and is contemplating retirement, playing in the Pro Bowl would be...wrong?

He will probably show up, but not play.

Sanders deserves the nod, happy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheArtofManning View Post
                Just wondering, I don't think Manning plays would he? If he has two sore quads and is contemplating retirement, playing in the Pro Bowl would be...wrong?

He will probably show up, but not play.

Sanders deserves the nod, happy for him.
                Not many guys want to play in that game anyway. But yeah especially with Manning's quad injury.

Comment

Further evidence of a talented roster. Too bad they could not do anything with it in the playoffs.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                    Further evidence of a talented roster. Too bad they could not do anything with it in the playoffs.
                    You notice Fox wasn't voted to the pro bowl?

/sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by Emily Diana View Post
                      -Emmanuel Sanders gives Broncos 10 Pro Bowl selections-

Sanders now joins quarterback Peyton Manning, left tackle Ryan Clady, cornerback Chris Harris Jr., linebacker Von Miller, cornerback Aqib Talib, wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, tight end Julius Thomas, safety T.J. Ward and defensive end DeMarcus Ware as Pro Bowlers. " ...
                      I'm a Broncos honk but the only Denver players that I think should have been in: Harris Jr, Von, DT, Sanders. I don't think any of the rest of those guys played well enough, for the season to get there. I think CJ and Marshall were more deserving than Clady, JT, Ward, Ware, and Talib. Just an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post
                        I'm a Broncos honk but the only Denver players that I think should have been in: Harris Jr, Von, DT, Sanders. I don't think any of the rest of those guys played well enough, for the season to get there. I think CJ and Marshall were more deserving than Clady, JT, Ward, Ware, and Talib. Just an opinion.
                        No sounds about right to me. I could see Ware go either way. JT is hard because he had 12 touchdowns and really only played about half the season. TJ Ward was very hot and cold. Same with Talib. Clady was pretty average this year.
                        Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Happy for Sanders he deserved it just sad to have 10 pro bowlers and be one and done in the playoffs 2 out of 3 years oh that's right Peyton Manning is our qb makes sense now

Comment

With Anderson in, Broncos now have 11 Pro Bowlers this season, a team record. Still, '98 Broncos (10 Pro Bowlers) would have obliterated '14 Broncos.

Congrats to Sanders and Anderson - you both deserved it for balling on every play.
                            Adopted Poster
                            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Working...
                            X