Special teams coach Jeff Rodgers joining John Fox in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special teams coach Jeff Rodgers joining John Fox in Chicago

Thank God the Broncos are showing Jeff Rodgers the door!!

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...fox-in-chicago

In what is likely welcome news to many Broncos fans, special teams coordinator Jeff Rodgers will follow John Fox to Chicago. We can only hope Denver's coverage teams and punting improve under Gary Kubiak's watch. To be fair to Rodgers, Denver's linebacking corps was beset by injuries in 2014, and that group is the heart of a team's coverage units.

Joe Marciano was Kubiak's ST coordinator in Houston, preceding him there; Marciano held the position for the first 12 years of the Texans' existence, and was fired along with Kubiak in late 2013.

Last season, Marciano filled in for Vikings ST coach Mike Priefer during his suspension over homophobic comments. Although he said he was semi-retired after the Texans fired him, Marciano said in August that he hoped to get back to coaching full time in 2015.

Zippidy do dah, zippidy aye!!!!
    Now, let's get the Rams STs coach. Pull out another coupe Elway, although Fisher would never let that guy go. A girl can dream now, can't she?
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

You just made my day. Our STs has been horrible for years. Maybe we just got lazy and lethargic so many years having a kicker who could boot a ball out of the back of the endzone but on punt coverage and PR and KR we have been lackluster.

Here's to new blood and, hopefully, improvement.

Comment

Yesssssssssss !
        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

I was waiting and hoping for this news -thanks!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

No. Please. Don't go.
            sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Thank god. This is good news.
              sigpic

Comment

Relative to this news, what happens to McManus? I wanted him to succeed but he's either still to young or maybe not just that accurate, who knows.

With a new ST coach are we going to substitute touch backs with better play and tackling and get the roster spot back or should we expect to keep two kickers song with a punter.

Comment

Thank God. I say good riddance. He was horrible and we had one of the worst special teams coverage units in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                    Relative to this news, what happens to McManus? I wanted him to succeed but he's either still to young or maybe not just that accurate, who knows.

With a new ST coach are we going to substitute touch backs with better play and tackling and get the roster spot back or should we expect to keep two kickers song with a punter.
                    Pretty sure I remember reading that Elway was high on McManus, even after he was cut the first time.

Comment

Comment

I thank him for his effort while with us and wish him well with Fox.

That said, I like this change:thumb:
                        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya.
                          sigpic

Comment

well... bye... lol havent had good special teams in years no loss here.
                            GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, it's official. I see we're all really broken up about this.
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                              X