Gary Kubiak finalizes Broncos' offensive staff; retains three coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Kubiak finalizes Broncos' offensive staff; retains three coaches

Before he was even introduced at his news conference, Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak has finished setting the offensive side of his coaching staff.

It helped that he already had quality coaches in place.

The Broncos will retain receivers coach Tyke Tolbert, running backs coach Eric Studesville and strength and conditioning coach Luke Richesson, according to an NFL source.

Tight ends coach Clancy Barone will shift to offensive line coach. Kubiak also is bringing two assistants with him from the Baltimore Ravens — Rick Dennison and Brian Pariani. Dennison will become the Broncos' offensive coordinator and Pariani the tights end coach.

Kubiak will look mostly externally to fill his defensive coach positions. Vance Joseph is a top candidate to become the Broncos' defensive coordinator.
    Good to see Studesville and Tolbert retained

Who will be the QBs coach? There is no mention of Knapp staying.

Maybe Dennison will be OC/QBs coach.

EDIT: Klis updated the article and added Knapp among the coaches retained.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 01-20-2015, 01:39 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

curious about the defense now. Kubiak changed the texans D to a 3-4. he may do the same here. I don't think he will but it's possible. We could see something like:

-----------------Wolfe-------------Knighton---------------Jackson--------------
      Miller----------------Marshall--------------------Trevathan-----------------Ware
      sigpic

Comment

Happy to see Dennison return...but I'm a bit confused as to his position as OC. I haven't followed his coaching career so don't know what he's been up to but I thought he was mostly a special teams coach. Can someone tell me what makes him qualified to be OC?
        "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
        PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
        LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
          Happy to see Dennison return...but I'm a bit confused as to his position as OC. I haven't followed his coaching career so don't know what he's been up to but I thought he was mostly a special teams coach. Can someone tell me what makes him qualified to be OC?
          Coaching in the NFL since 1995, was our OC between 2006-2008 and the Texans' OC between 2010-2013.
          sigpic

Comment

he was OC for both denver and Houston
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
              Coaching in the NFL since 1995, was our OC between 2006-2008 and the Texans' OC between 2010-2013.
              sigpic

Comment

Rick Dennison:

Broncos' offensive assistant1995-96;

Broncos' STs Coordinator 1997-2000;

Broncos' O-Line Coach under Alex Gibbs 2001-03;

Broncos' O-Line Coach 2004-05;

Broncos' OC 2006-08, but I think Jeremy Bates was the playcaller IIRC;

Broncos' O-Line Coach 2009;

Houston Texans' OC 2010-13;

Baltimore Ravens' QB coach 2014.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                  Who will be the QBs coach? There is no mention of Knapp staying.

Maybe Dennison will be OC/QBs coach.
                  Dennison could be OC/QB Coach
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    curious about the defense now. Kubiak changed the texans D to a 3-4. he may do the same here. I don't think he will but it's possible. We could see something like:

Miller----------------Marshall--------------------Trevathan-----------------Ware
                    Kinda what I have been thinking. Not sure about Trev as a starter, but could still play nickel.
                    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

I like all of this, but interesting that there didn't even seem to be an effort to retain Gase. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Gase gets a HC spot; I think it says a lot that the Broncos basically showed him the door under these circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
                        I like all of this, but interesting that there didn't even seem to be an effort to retain Gase. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Gase gets a HC spot; I think it says a lot that the Broncos basically showed him the door under these circumstances.
                        The way its going for him, he's having a problem landing an OC position also.

Comment

I wish that he'd been coach when Tebow was here
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            Rick Dennison:

Broncos' offensive assistant1995-96;

Broncos' STs Coordinator 1997-2000;

Broncos' O-Line Coach under Alex Gibbs 2001-03;

Broncos' O-Line Coach 2004-05;

Broncos' OC 2006-08, but I think Jeremy Bates was the playcaller IIRC;

Broncos' O-Line Coach 2009;

Houston Texans' OC 2010-13;

Baltimore Ravens' QB coach 2014.
                            Thanks everybody...after reading his resume I'm even more excited to have him back. With Koob as HC and Dennison as OC all we need is Joe Collier to come back and resurrect the Orange Crush
                            "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                            PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                            LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post

Probably depend on the coordinator, the switch to the 3-4 was likely because of Wade Phillips and not Kubiak.

Comment

Working...
                              X