Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Kubiak plans to talk a lot with Peyton Manning

- Gary Kubiak plans to talk a lot with Peyton Manning -

"Gary Kubiak was introduced as the 15th head coach in Denver Broncos history on Tuesday. Not surprisingly, the first question from reporters concerned the uncertain future of Peyton Manning.

"Yes, we have talked. We talked a couple of days ago at length, talked a little bit last night via text and those type of things," Kubiak said Tuesday from team headquarters. "Talked about a lot of stuff, but the bottom line: We've basically come to the conclusion -- I know he's got some things going on, family things right now, and obviously, I've got a lot going on here the next couple days -- but we're gonna get together and sit down.

"The thing I wanna do is I wanna be the best support system I can be for Peyton. But yes, we've had some very good conversations, and we'll have many more." ...

Kubiak was asked about concerns that his style of offense might not be a smooth fit for Manning. Kubiak's scheme could be seen as a factor in Manning's big decision.

"Well, it's easy to build a playbook for him," Kubiak said. "I mean, he's been the master at it for many, many years, and you're talking about a Hall of Fame player, Hall of Fame person."" ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...peyton-manning

"Well, it's easy to build a playbook for him," Kubiak said. "I mean, he's been the master at it for many, many years, and you're talking about a Hall of Fame player, Hall of Fame person.""
    I always found it rediculous when people said PM would not fit Kubiaks offense. Kubiak has always been a coach who will modify his offense for the talent he has. There will be some familiar plays I am sure but there will be new stuff as well.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

From my point of view it has never been about whether Kubiak could adjust his offense to Manning's talent. It is more about the level of talent Manning has left to run the offense Kubiak designs.

The last couple of years good teams with good defenses seem to have the Broncos number in big games. Broncos have lost almost all of them. We can blame the departed coaches, o-lineman or RBs to some extent but my concern also includes Manning.

Amazing HoF career. But at some point limitations are going to outweigh his strengths. We can argue all day about where that line in the sand is, but it is there. Coaches can only do so much with the game plans. O-line can only protect Manning so much.

I am excited to see the changes this year. On both sides of the ball. IMO Broncos have too talented of a roster to go out whimpering as they have done too many times in recent years. But a big part of the offensive changes has to be Manning. Kubiak needs to create an offense where Manning can contribute at meaningful times but other players need to carry the weight to get him to those moments.

Comment

Working...
      X