Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paige: Peyton Manning wants to return in 2015 - Pending physical

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Of course!

    Peyton would be a FOOL not to.

    His neck and quad will be well enough healed that this physical will be a breeze.

    Full steam ahead, boys!

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
      If you pay a QB 20 mil. you expect him to win a Super Bowl. Manning will not win another Super Bowl, that is quite obvious. Everyone is asking "do you think Brock will do better?" Of course not, but we aren't paying him 20 mil.
      Do you own a crystal ball?

      Why be such a downer?

      Peyton has been playing injured since St. Louis.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by weefishy View Post
        Do you own a crystal ball?

        Why be such a downer?

        Peyton has been playing injured since St. Louis.
        I'm not a downer. Everyone plays injured. Just because our QB is getting worse doesn't classify me as a downer, I choose not to drink the kool-aid.
        I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
        I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
        I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
        "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
        God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
        Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
          If you pay a QB 20 mil. you expect him to win a Super Bowl. Manning will not win another Super Bowl, that is quite obvious. Everyone is asking "do you think Brock will do better?" Of course not, but we aren't paying him 20 mil.
          http://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

          Considering there's only one Super Bowl to be had each year, teams ought to lower their expectations or stop paying quarterbacks so much. They're bound to be disappointed.
          "This is a terrible thread and I've negged the OP." -CoryWinget81
          "If the ACL is torn ... Von will in fact miss next year as well." -PFM2013

          Comment


          • #80
            - Awaiting Peyton’s Decision -

            "Approaching the three-year anniversary since his release from the Colts, Manning sits at another crossroads as the Broncos welcome a new coach (Gary Kubiak) and a new system. While Manning has a business decision to make, part of the decision is personal, because it’s always personal. Let’s examine." ...

            http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/21/peyton...ry-kubiak-nfl/

            Comment


            • #81
              One thing that's always stuck with me is Elway's focus on winning now. That's the way he's played his cards since he got here, and it's proven true that the franchises doing everything they can to win THIS YEAR are the ones consistently in the playoffs and competing for championships. The franchises that talk about building for the future and can't wait to see that top-5 pick paired with the other high picks they've had the last several years are consistently the ones stuck in the lower half of the league. Raiders, Browns, Jets, Buffalo, Jax, etc.

              We all know that isn't the Broncos way. If I ask the simple question - will we have a better record next year with PM or Os at the helm, it's pretty obvious. Part of me looks at PM and sees the limitations that age has brought and is excited about seeing whether Os is the future and getting on with it. But if I look at it through the lens Elway does - winning right now - there's no doubt PM gives us the best shot at getting to the playoffs where anything can happen. Yeah, I'd rate our chances as low winning a SB with PM at this point, but they're even lower with Os starting.

              Comment


              • #82
                Even with his "bad year" this season, Peyton Manning was still unquestionably one of the top-5 quarterbacks in the 2014 NFL by any accepted metric--that's simply not production you can easily replace. Even if his skills are permanently diminished (i.e. his decline in performance wasn't caused by his significant thigh injury), I'll still take that "diminished"-but-still-top-5-in-the-league production in 2015 over what's behind Door Number 2. Even if Brock is going to be great one day, there is simply no way he'd deliver top-5 production across the board in his first year as a starter. Peyton Manning is still, by far, the Broncos' best option in 2015.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
                  Even with his "bad year" this season, Peyton Manning was still unquestionably one of the top-5 quarterbacks in the 2014 NFL by any accepted metric--that's simply not production you can easily replace. Even if his skills are permanently diminished (i.e. his decline in performance wasn't caused by his significant thigh injury), I'll still take that "diminished"-but-still-top-5-in-the-league production in 2015 over what's behind Door Number 2. Even if Brock is going to be great one day, there is simply no way he'd deliver top-5 production across the board in his first year as a starter. Peyton Manning is still, by far, the Broncos' best option in 2015.
                  I dont agree with this at all.

                  I would take Ben, Wilson, Rodgers, Stafford, Brady, Luck, Romo, and Flacco over Manning. I am sure I am missing someone too. Manning of 5 years ago was a top 5 QB. This manning is not.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                    I dont agree with this at all.

                    I would take Ben, Wilson, Rodgers, Stafford, Brady, Luck, Romo, and Flacco over Manning. I am sure I am missing someone too. Manning of 5 years ago was a top 5 QB. This manning is not.
                    I said Manning was top-5 "by any accepted metric". Your opinion is not a "metric". And I disagree with you.

                    Peyton Manning in 2014 was 4th among all passers in total yards AND yards per game, 5th in YPA, 2nd in TDs, and 4th in QB Rating. Top 5 across the board.

                    Stafford was 21st in QB Rating. You'd REALLY take him over Manning? Flacco was 16th. Plus, we have no chance of bringing on any of the guys you list anyway, even if they WERE all better than Manning (they are not).

                    Our choice isn't between Manning and Aaron Rodgers. It's between Manning and a guy who has never started an NFL game before OR some retread journeyman (a Brian Hoyer or Kyle Orton type). You'd really rather go that route than stick with top-5 Peyton one more year?

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      I would rather be a wild card or be an 8-8 team with a QB that is going to get better, than have a 1 or 2 seed with a QB that is getting worse and plays his worse football during the playoffs. One has potential, the other is only going to get worse. This is not a knock on Manning, this is the reality of getting older and his previous surgeries taking a toll on him.
                      I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                      I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                      I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                      "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                      God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                      Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
                        I would rather be a wild card or be an 8-8 team with a QB that is going to get better, than have a 1 or 2 seed with a QB that is getting worse and plays his worse football during the playoffs. One has potential, the other is only going to get worse. This is not a knock on Manning, this is the reality of getting older and his previous surgeries taking a toll on him.
                        Who said we would go 8-8 with Osweiler? It could be 2-14. That would not help Kubiak at all. Considering Manning's age and recent struggles, the fact that Elway wants him back says all I need to know about Osweiler. Actions speak louder than words.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                          Who said we would go 8-8 with Osweiler? It could be 2-14. That would not help Kubiak at all. Considering Manning's age and recent struggles, the fact that Elway wants him back says all I need to know about Osweiler. Actions speak louder than words.
                          Of course Elway wants him back. He threw 40 percent TDs. You are agreeing with my previous statement. The front office is opting for wins now. This does not correlate to Super Bowl wins, but at least we are fun to watch from Sept. To Dec. even if we don't go 8-8 with Os and stink the bed, neither team won a championship. We have so many good pieces. It is important to keep as many as we can.
                          I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                          I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                          I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                          "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                          God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                          Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                            I dont agree with this at all.

                            I would take Ben, Wilson, Rodgers, Stafford, Brady, Luck, Romo, and Flacco over Manning. I am sure I am missing someone too. Manning of 5 years ago was a top 5 QB. This manning is not.
                            I guess last year's MVP trophy was given to a non-top 5 QB? The issue is whether or not "this Manning" is injured or healthy. If he is healthy, as he showed in the beginning of the season, he is easily a top-5 QB. Stafford? Talk about someone who is all hype at this point. Initially it was because of his injuries, that was the reason for his up and down career, but he finally had a fully healthy season and...meh.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
                              I would rather be a wild card or be an 8-8 team with a QB that is going to get better, than have a 1 or 2 seed with a QB that is getting worse and plays his worse football during the playoffs. One has potential, the other is only going to get worse. This is not a knock on Manning, this is the reality of getting older and his previous surgeries taking a toll on him.
                              It isn't really a matter of choosing Manning for next year and thus not having Osweiler for the future. You can still have both, but once you go with Osweiler for next year, you don't have Manning period.

                              Football, except for some reason Baseball, anything can happen in the playoffs, it was proven this year. How many games came down to one play or another that would have completely changed the landscape of the Super Bowl? Seahawks should have LOST their game to the Packers, Packers came THIS CLOSE to possibly losing to the the Cowboys, who came THIS CLOSE To losing to Detroit. Patriots were a bad throw from one of you preferred QBs, Flacco (who was not hurt and yet somehow underthrew and missed a wide-open Torrey Smith down the sideline) from losing. Ravens themselves were only up 10-9 at the half in their game against a team that lost an MVP candidate RB. Going with the better guarantee at a playoff spot is the way to go, even if you feel that your QB may not be the best of the bunch.
                              Last edited by Hawaii007; 01-23-2015, 02:15 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X