The Denver Broncos have hired Defensive line coach Bill Kollar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Denver Broncos have hired Defensive line coach Bill Kollar

I didn't see this posted but I really like Kollar and he could be a great coach for our line.

According to the Houston Chronicle's John McClain, defensive line coach Bill Kollar is heading to the Denver Broncos to be the defensive line coach.

Kollar wanted to be closer to his two sons and grandchildren who live in Denver. He thanked Houston Texans' head coach Bill O'Brien for letting him out of his contract even though it was a lateral move to Denver.

"It was a really nice thing OB (O’Brien) did to let me go to Denver," Kollar said. "I’ve got two grandsons there I really want to be around. Now I can spend more time with them. It was definitely a tough decision to leave the Texans. I had a great time coaching in Houston. We did some really good things. I really appreciate what OB did for me. I enjoyed working with him this season. I’m excited about the opportunity to work with Gary again. I want to thank him for giving me this opportunity to come to Denver."

This is a big hire for the Denver Broncos. Kollar played a significant role in the development of Texans' defensive end J.J. Watt. Kollar is also considered an elite coach by his peers. He should have an immediate impact on the Broncos defensive line players.

One last thing about Koller, he wrestled a bear. Yes, you read that correctly.

Last April Koller was inducted into the Senior Bowl Hall Of Fame(who knew there was such a thing?), and he tells a story about how he once wrestled a bear. Read the story here.

The Broncos still do not have a defensive coordinator but appear to be choosing between Wade Phillips and Vance Joseph.

Yes, the Bengals did deny Joseph from joining the Broncos staff, but CBS4's Vic Lombardi says the Broncos are still negotiating with the Bengals. They are also looking into hiring Phillips, who served as a defensive coordinator under Gary Kubiak at the Texans from 2011-2013 and has been a successful defensive coordinator everywhere he has landed, including as Broncos' DC from 1989-1992.

Interestingly this news comes days after the Cincinnati Bengals denied defensive backs coach Vance Joseph from being promoted to defensive coordinator of the Denver Broncos. The Texans' allowed Kollar out of his contract to be closer to his children, and it wasn't even a promotion.
    http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/1...ch-bill-kollar
    sigpic

Defense wins championships

sweet. We could use an upgrade at Dline coach.
    Now we just need Cincy to do the same with Joseph.
    sigpic

Comment

Broncos' Ryan Clady excited to 'come back 100 percent' in 2015

-Broncos' Ryan Clady excited to 'come back 100 percent' in 2015-

"The Denver Broncos' hiring of head coach Gary Kubiak and offensive coordinator Rick Dennison means changes to the offensive line are likely coming. For veteran tackle Ryan Clady, those changes look to be for the better.

Clady was originally drafted by former Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan in 2008 to be a left tackle in a zone blocking scheme, the same system Kubiak and Dennison will bring back to Denver. After missing most of 2013 due to injury and struggling through an off year in 2014, Clady is ready to embrace a return to the zone.

"That's what Shanahan drafted me to do, and I'm good at it," Clady told DenverBroncos.com this week. "So I'm definitely down for the zone scheme."

Clady is also down for a clean bill of health. The 2014 Pro Bowler admitted that this past season wasn't his best, and that the Lisfranc foot sprain that knocked him out of the 2013 campaign was part of the reason." ...

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/1...broncos-injury

Comment

Who was the Broncos' MVP in 2014? / 2015 Mile High Report Awards

-Who was the Broncos' MVP in 2014? / 2015 Mile High Report Awards-

"The MHR staff hands out awards for the best Broncos players on 2014, including MVP, offensive and defensive players of the year, rookie of the year, and awards for the best surprise and biggest disappointment.

Most Valuable Player (MVP) : Peyton Manning

Numerous factors had a hand in the production decline that Peyton Manning experienced toward the end of the season, but none of them could stamp out the entire body of work that Manning put together in another fantastic season in Denver. Manning completed 66.2% of his passes over the course of the season, throwing for 4,727 passing yards, 39 touchdowns, and 15 interceptions. He also caught up to and then handily surpassed Brett Favre's all-time touchdown record of 508, finishing with 530 on the leader board. ...

Offensive Player of the Year: CJ Anderson

CJ Anderson ran away with our offensive player of the year award, almost like he ran away with the title as the Broncos' starting running back. Anderson entered the season lower on the depth chart than both Montee Ball and Ronnie Hillman; however, when he got a chance to play, Anderson took the opportunity and never looked back. ...

Defensive Player of the Year: Chris Harris

Chris Harris Jr. often fails to get enough love or praise from the mainstream media, but the MHR staff will never falter in that regard. Harris continued his incredibly efficient career with another standout season, grading out as the best cornerback in the entire league (28.4) and by far the best rated corner when it comes to coverage; Harris graded out the entire season with a 27.2 coverage grade on Pro Football Focus, 10.7 higher than any other corner." ...

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/1...rson-2014-2015

Comment

This is going to be awesome having Clady back to his old self being utilized to his strengths is going to make a huge difference for this team.

Also very excited to Louis Vasquez and Orlando Franklin (assuming we resign him) I think these to men are going to be fantastic in this system as well.
          sigpic

Comment

Even as we played the Colts I was surprised how many posters still did not believe in CJ. Guess some people need to see the "experts" rave over a guy or maybe lead league in rushing for whole season. Maybe they stuck on their favorite pet Bronco.

CJ is The Real Deal and imo will show it in Kubiaks offense. Hope he shares the workload allot with other backs but he will be amazing for us in 2015 imo
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Yes, our season had some disappointment (in the end), but CJ was a very nice surprise! He earned the starter position, and few people saw it coming. It's all about taking advantage of injuries, playing hard, and enjoying the opportunity. That's why injuries may not always be a bad omen. Of course you never want your QB to go down, or other key players, BUT, there can be positives:
              1) Gives others a chance to prove their worth, sometimes for the better of the team
              2) If nothing else, makes you a deeper team, as your backups acquire game time, which down the road will often advance their progression
              3) Keeps everyone alert.....play your best, or your job may become someone else's
              4) Makes you more of a team, then individuals.....the old "next man up" mentality

For the most part, on O you must recognize DT and Sanders....as elite receivers. On D, besides Harris, I really liked Knighton (for the most part), Marshall for his impressive stint, Miller and most of the Dbacks.

Comment

Working...
              X