Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julius Thomas says signing with Raiders a possibility

http://justblogbaby.com/2015/01/26/j...s-possibility/

It is no secret that the Oakland Raiders are going to be very active players in 2015 NFL Free Agency with the most cap space and some added pieces in place from the 2014 Draft that have them in a position to make a move to contention in the AFC if they can lure top talent to the Bay Area.

MORE FROM NEWS
    1/26 - Charles Woodson Inks Oakland Raiders Extension
    1/26 - Oakland Raiders Interviewing Todd Grantham For DC Position
    1/26 - Oakland Raiders Planning To Run No Huddle Offense
    1/26 - Oakland Raiders Were Offered Trade Down For Robert Gallery In 2004
    1/26 - Oakland Raiders Hire Bobby Johnson As TE Coach
    That was a problem during the 2014 Free Agency period where Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie couldn’t convince the likes of Desean Jackson and Jared Allen to come to Oakland despite having sizeable cap space to work with. However in 2015 there appears to be a top free agent who may just be willing to make a move from the Denver Broncos to the Silver and Black if the price is right.

Broncos (Donkeys) tight end Julius Thomas conducted an interview with 95.7 The Game in the and had an interesting comment on potentially playing for the Raiders next season in which he revealed that he grew up cheering for the Raiders and that signing with the team is “a possibility” in 2015 should Reggie McKenzie be interested in signing the talented pass catcher.

It would be wise for Reggie McKenzie to kick the tires on Thomas come the opening of the free agency period as the veteran could significantly add to the depth at the tight end position in Oakland. Young TE Mychal Rivera is a potential star in the making, but a second option at the position would give the Raiders the options they need to really utilize their tight ends going forward as Thomas is going to be the best player available at the position.

Oakland Raiders

JUST BLOG BABY 4h2015 Senior Bowl Grades: Running Backs
    MORE HEADLINES AROUND FANSIDED:
    9h - Julius Thomas Says Signing With Oakl
    11h - Charles Woodson Inks Oakland Raiders
    13h - What the No-Huddle May Mean for Oakl
    14h - Oakland Raiders Interviewing Todd Gr
    15h - Oakland Raiders Planning to Run No H
    More News at Just Blog Baby
    Nobody knows the weight of Thomas’ interest in coming to Oakland, but the fact that he is willing to say that he could be open to the possibility is an intriguing storyline as the free agency period nears. The Broncos are very likely to let Thomas walk unless he takes a hometown discount, so there is a solid chance that he does hit the open market this offseason. Or this all could be a smart leverage ploy with the Broncos to put the fear in John Elway that if he doesn’t lock up his services that Thomas would take his talents inside the AFC West to Oakland.

Nobody knows, but it is definitely a positive that a top free agent is entertaining the idea of making a move to Oakland, something that definitely did not happen in 2014 when McKenzie was forced to settle on second tier free agents following the first wave of players passing on the franchise. If McKenzie can lock up players like Thomas for the right place, the Raiders will be that closer to competing for the playoffs with added talent in Oakland.

Raiders are a bunch of wanna - be's

Oh - and you're not gonna scare John Elway
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Thomas just seems so unloyal.....

Comment

I remember how happy he was when we drafted him. He kept saying how much he wanted to be a Bronco. I guess Elway saying publicly that he isn't worth Jimmy Graham money really hurt his feelings.
        sigpic

Comment

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...-a-possibility

If the Raiders want him, he likely won't come cheap. He reportedly turned down an $8 million contract offer from the Broncos last year.
          Really? I think this means goodbye. Go be someone else's drugstore cotton.
          sigpic

Comment

Saw it coming. Wouldn't be surprised if a couple others join JDR in OAK (LA next year)

Comment

No suprise here.
              JT is too one dimensional. If he was able to block, it would be better.

Mods: can i suggest that this thread should go elsewhere than the Broncos football? Maybe the raiders forum?
              Last edited by johntbronco; 01-27-2015, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                I remember how happy he was when we drafted him. He kept saying how much he wanted to be a Bronco. I guess Elway saying publicly that he isn't worth Jimmy Graham money really hurt his feelings.
                Jimmy Graham in the past 4 seasons has played the vast majority of the games he was supposed to. Julius Thomas cannot say the same. Julius has only played in 35-36 games in the past 4 seasons our of a total of 64. Some of those games he didn't finish or didn't play a single snap either. That means he has played in 55%-56% of the potential games in his career. Now compare that to Graham's stats he has missed just one game in that same time-frame. So no Julius is not worth anywhere near Jimmy Graham money if but for not other reason than he has a very poor health record and simply cannot help a team if he is on the sidelines AND his blocking is sub-par compared to his teammates.

For those of you who wish to slam me for the last part of the comment please feel free to do so. Julius Thomas is listed at 6ft5 and 250 lbs. A man of his size and athleticism should not be getting run over the way he has been. There is also the issue I have with him and contested catches. Same principle a man of his size and what should be strength should not be having issues when being covered by CB's or Safety's who are 40-60 LBS lighter and 5-7 inches shorter than he is.
                Last edited by Rich_C; 01-27-2015, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                  Jimmy Graham in the past 4 seasons has played the vast majority of the games he was supposed to. Julius Thomas cannot say the same. Julius has only played in 35-36 games in the past 4 seasons our of a total of 64. Some of those games he didn't finish or didn't play a single snap either. That means he has played in 55%-56% of the potential games in his career. Now compare that to Graham's stats he has missed just one game in that same time-frame. So no Julius is not worth anywhere near Jimmy Graham money if but for not other reason than he has a very poor health record and simply cannot help a team if he is on the sidelines AND his blocking is sub-par compared to his teammates.

For those of you who wish to slam me for the last part of the comment please feel free to do so. Julius Thomas is listed at 6ft5 and 250 lbs. A man of his size and athleticism should not be getting run over the way he has been. There is also the issue I have with him and contested catches. Same principle a man of his size and what should be strength should not be having issues when being covered by CB's or Safety's who are 40-60 LBS lighter and 5-7 inches shorter than he is.
                  Couldn't agree with this anymore. Thomas will not work in a Kubiak offense. Have fun with him Oakland. Hope you can get at least 8 games out of him.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                    No suprise here.

Mods: can i suggest that this thread should go elsewhere than the Broncos football? Maybe the raiders forum?
                    Why would it go somewhere else? It's a pretty big deal what we do with OUR free agents. He isn't a Raider yet.

If anything Broncos news wire.

And for the record I really wish we could keep Julius and Demayrius. But I realize it's a business. I just wish all our players wouldn't threaten to go to the Raiders. It's low class. Whether Del rio is there or not.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                      No suprise here.

The sooner he's gone, the better. He will not be missed.
                      Adopted Poster
                      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                        http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...-a-possibility

Really? I think this means goodbye. Go be someone else's drugstore cotton.
                        Yep! Report was we offered him as low as $7.5 and as high as $8.5......I feel like this is DRC all over again. Unless we Tag him, JT is going to price himself out of Denver. Between Peyton yelling at him like he's a child, and Elway publicly saying that he isn't worth Jimmy Graham money, I think his ego is bruised.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post

The sooner he's gone, the better. He will not be missed.
                          Yup, guess it wasn't so easy for him afterall. Do you realize ever since he said that, he completely disappeared as a player.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

He's nothing special. He's the result of a Manning offense, the type of guy we've seen over and over again here in Indy when #18 was here. Blair White was leading the league in receptions at one point in 2010. I know, Blair who, right? Austin Collie was also doing very well with Manning, as well as Tamme and Utecht.
                            sigpic
                            Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Originally posted by ruksak View Post
                              He's nothing special. He's the result of a Manning offense, the type of guy we've seen over and over again here in Indy when #18 was here. Blair White was leading the league in receptions at one point in 2010. I know, Blair who, right? Austin Collie was also doing very well with Manning, as well as Tamme and Utecht.
                              Wrong. JT was tearing camp up before Manning came. B. Dawk told a story about how they were in practice one day and JT was killing it.....Dawk said Champ turned to him and said that he finally has his Antonio Gates......and Orton was the QB at the time.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X