Broncos going to a 3-4 ...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
    I thought was a great watch. Wade Phillips explains his version of the 3-4 and the flexibility in which he employees it.

great find, and great video. Was really informative, and has me really excited with the different things we can do with our own players.
    2011 Adopted Bronco: Rahim Moore

Comment

Wade Phillips pretty much described Nate Irving in the M (SILB, plugger) and Trevathan/B. Marshall in the Mo (WILB).

Maybe B. Marshall can play the SILB position, which is probably what the Broncos will try when Trevathan is healthy.
      Last edited by -Rod-; 01-30-2015, 08:50 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

I thought was a great watch. Wade Phillips explains his version of the 3-4 and the flexibility in which he employees it.

Great find, my friend. After watching that, we really do have the pieces together to make this 3-4 work very well.
        2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

I think the best thing about the video is how he explains the 3-4 can be different depending on the players.

People like to talk about the NT and from my experience that is what posters always talk about on these boards when talking 3-4.

The video does a good job of showing how different NTs and LBs behind the NT will be different based on their skillsets.

IMO allot of defenses fail, not just 3-4, because the coaches do not adjust their scheme to their players skillsets. This concept is lost on allot of people when talking about how to build a defense
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Look at you getting credit for a video that I posted a link to on Tuesday, if only I knew how to imbed videos!

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
              Wade Phillips pretty much described Nate Irving in the M (SILB, plugger) and Trevathan/B. Marshall in the Mo (WILB).

Maybe B. Marshall can play the SILB position, which is probably what the Broncos will try when Trevathan is healthy.
              That is what I was thinking too. I was also thinking Brandon Spikes.
              sigpic

Comment

With Miller and Ware in the game we pretty much ran a 3-4 anyway.
                BMF

Comment

I like a 4-3 with versatile linemen and linebackers. Defensive ends who can rush or drop back into linebacker coverage and linebackers who can rush. That way the O-line can never be sure who is rushing and who is dropping back, plus you can have lots of blitz combinations. With a 3-4 you're stuck with 3 big dudes who can't cover.

Comment

I am excited about this. Only worried about the NT. The rest of our guys seem like natural fits for a 3-4

Comment

After watching the video it appears our Defense will look like:

Miller --- Wolfe --- Knighton ---Jackson --- Ware

----------------- Irving ----- Marshall ------------------

I'm expecting great things from M. Jackson.
                      I'm hoping Q Smith can take over for D Ware when the time comes.

Needless to write, I am excited about our new look!

Comment

You don't really need big ILBs. The steelers went with speed guys that can tackle. I like Marshall and Trevanthan as the ILBs.

---Miller--------Wolfe----Williams------Jackson----------Ware-----------------------

--------------------Marshall--------Trevanthan-------------------------------
                        Last edited by Ohenhen12345; 01-31-2015, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
                          You don't really need big ILBs. The steelers went with speed guys that can tackle. I like Marshall and Trevanthan as the ILBs.

---Miller--------Wolfe----Williams------Jackson----------Ware-----------------------

--------------------Marshall--------Trevanthan-------------------------------
                          I think for a defense to get away with that is for the NT to be dominate and able to suck up multiple blocks to keep em off of the smaller LB

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                            I think for a defense to get away with that is for the NT to be dominate and able to suck up multiple blocks to keep em off of the smaller LB
                            Hopefully we resign Knigthon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
                              Hopefully we resign Knigthon.
                              Or draft Malcom Brown.

Comment

Working...
                              X