X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gerontion
    replied
    Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
    How could he not come back? Doesn't he know we have someone with fire now, an apparent expert at going down kicking and screaming*?

*It should be noted that fire and going down kicking and screaming was a 2-11 mid season firing. Those quick to defend will point out that Kubiak had a QB that played poorly and an injured RB. He also had a health scare. It's hard to find another example of when a coach had so much go wrong in one season. There was this one coach that lost over half his starting D, all pro left tackle and had heart surgery mid season...in comparison he only made it to the Superbowl. The next year that same coach had a HOF QB that was hurt and instead of using that as an excuse he tried to balance his offense and tried to continue winning. However, his desire to continue winning was not seen as having fire or going down kicking and screaming. He was in fact replaced because he was seen as the exact opposite and replaced with a coach that was better at going down kicking and screaming. The afore mentioned Kubiak that went down with a 2-11 record. While this seems like an awful record imagine what it could have been with a coach without fire and kicking and screaming ability.
    I guess you enjoyed watching Fox being outcoached and the Broncos unprepared in the biggest games.

Leave a comment:

• notwithit
    replied
    Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    Im kinda excited either way.If he comes back I wanna see how we go with Peyton plus an improved coaching regime in just about all facets of our game(team not just Peyton) and If he doesnt I will be excited watching Brock under a good playcaller in Kubiak who will suit Brocks game exponentially.Either way Im excited.
    Agreed. I'm excited for next season. New coaching regime, hopefully more passion, and a great team. Whether it's Brock getting his chance or Peyton getting one more shot, I'm happy and ready. Kubiak, bootleg, and Osweiller seem like a great fit.

Leave a comment:

• Emily Diana
    replied
    -Drew Brees sings praises of Peyton Manning-

"Drew Brees serenaded Peyton Manning, hoping to convince the seven-time All-Pro to keep playing.

''Peyton, please come back and play,'' Brees sang to the tune of Manning's insurance commercial.

The scene occurred on stage before Manning accepted the Bart Starr Award for his character and contributions on and off the field.

Manning said afterward that he hasn't made a decision on returning to the Denver Broncos for his 18th NFL season." ...

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/d...manning-013015

Leave a comment:

• Emily Diana
    replied
    -Broncos’ Peyton Manning reportedly leaning toward returning for 2015 season-

"It’s looking as if Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning will be back in 2015, at least according to Gil Brandt, a former personnel executive with the Dallas Cowboys and a current NFL.com analyst.

Manning could decide as early as the coming week that he is indeed returning for an 18th season, according to sources.

Manning has been fairly persuaded that all will work well between him and new head coach Gary Kubiak, who is ready and willing to fit his scheme to play to the quarterback’s strengths.

Even though Manning attended the 50th Gatorade party late Friday night with several athletic icons, including New York Yankees great Derek Jeter, Manning will not announce he will be having a farewell season in 2015. That’s not his style and he does not want to lock himself into a final year, yet." ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...r-2015-season/

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by TheArtofManning View Post
    And here I thought you might find it refreshing that I criticised my main man, Peyton.!
    Well, that was quite impressive actually.

But after all is said and done, if you read the article and listen to the video, it's been more about timing than anything. He did say he still has people to talk to but he also said Elway has been swamped hiring coaches, Manning himself has been on vacation, he's not allowed to talk football with Kubiak yet, and Elway will be going on vacation next week. So, it just seems to have been more about timing than anything right now.

Leave a comment:

• TheArtofManning
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Couldn't disagree with you more. Elway has been clear that he wants him back. Many of his team mates have been clear that he wants him back.

Peyton has always been extremely thorough and weighs out everything. He is very calculating and will look at decisions from all angles.

I'm not sure why people feel he needs to rush and make his decision quickly or right now. Elway told him to take several weeks off, not to make any decision right now, get away from it and then after a few weeks, think about his options. There are several issues he needs to consider, and these issues are important considerations and are not to be made lightly.
    And here I thought you might find it refreshing that I criticised my main man, Peyton.!

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...take-some-time

Straight from Manning himself. Besides him not making a decision yet, he stated that he's not allowed to talk football yet with the coaches, per NFL rules, Elway has been busy hiring coaches, Manning is on vacation, Elway is going on vacation and they really haven't had time yet. So, it's more of a product of timing than anything else so far.

Peyton Manning has no concerns about passing his yearly physical on March 9, which will activate a $19 million salary for the 2015 season.

Instead, his decision regarding his future is purely mental. "I haven't made a decision. I'm still trying to take some time to evaluate some things," Manning said Friday morning at the Bart Starr Award banquet.

Manning said playing in new coach Gary Kubiak's offense will not be a detriment, and that he's comfortable playing in any system except for the Wing T. He added that the season-ending loss to the Colts would not be a factor, either.

At this point, Manning seems to be in the exploratory phase, especially with Denver welcoming a new coaching staff. Manning met with Kubiak already and plans to sit down with Broncos exec John Elway when he returns from vacation. He wants to find out how he would fit into the scheme and if it's in his best interest long term. His ouster would obviously force Denver to scrap any existing plans on the offensive side of the ball.

As expected, he said his decision would hinge on his ability to "help the team win."

The short-term intrigue has provided an interesting subplot to one of the most anticipated Super Bowls in a decade. Many figured Manning would be here playing, which might also weigh on any eventual decision. Might he want one more Lombardi Trophy to seal his legacy, especially if Tom Brady wins a fourth?

On Thursday, Manning's father, Archie, said that a decision would come soon, but not before Manning had some time to detach himself from the game and truly ponder his options.

"I don't see this thing lingering. I am not into anything dramatic," Peyton said.

Since he's at the Super Bowl, still in the thick of things, that might mean we have to wait a little longer.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 01-30-2015, 11:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    And.....to be fair (I never said Peyton was perfect)......He's being a bit of a drama queen here.
    I think he "wants to be appreciated" and might have a little bit of the hurt feelings thing going on.
    Seriously. He wants big John to have a little comfy talk and assure him that "Denver still loves you Peyton" type of thing.
    I honestly think this is part of it. All of these QBs have big egos, and fragile ones to boot.
    Couldn't disagree with you more. Elway has been clear that he wants him back. Many of his team mates have been clear that he wants him back.

Peyton has always been extremely thorough and weighs out everything. He is very calculating and will look at decisions from all angles.

I'm not sure why people feel he needs to rush and make his decision quickly or right now. Elway told him to take several weeks off, not to make any decision right now, get away from it and then after a few weeks, think about his options. There are several issues he needs to consider, and these issues are important considerations and are not to be made lightly.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 01-30-2015, 11:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheArtofManning
    replied
    Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    That isn't what I took from the press conference, to me it seems like he is more worried of if he gets hurt, is he going to become a burden rather than helping. Chances are at his age he will get dinged up somehow, it's just a matter of how he can perform with it.

Honestly it is a legit concern too. No coach is going to bench Peyton, even if he is limping. He wants to play, but doesn't want to be that qb that stuck around for a year too long and wasted a year for the Broncos, he has to know he can contribute.
    Sorry, I haven't seen it yet, just going off some quotes etc.

Leave a comment:

• LSIGRAD09
    replied
    If you're not 100% in, retire.

If the opposite, come back.

Leave a comment:

• CinnaMunMun
    replied
    I read some of Vic Lombardi's comments after his talk (or referecing an interview) with Manning.
    I really don't think the health issue is it. The neck by all accounts is fine, and obviously the thigh is just a muscle issue.

I think the main reason for Manning's deliberation are his family and his future beyond being an active player.
    He may be considering how continuing to play may affect his wife and kids...mostly kids. Do they want to stay in Denver or move on? Also, we've heard the rumors about Manning's potential involvement with the Tennessee Titans. Maybe that "opportunity" is presenting itself and he's mulling that over. IN his comments to Lombardi, he said he could "run any offense in the Deleware T".....That's pretty lighthearted. I don't think ANY of his deliberation is based on anything that happened with the coaching changes or money, or even health.

I think it's all about the future....and does he want to move on with that NOW or wait another year.
    That isn't what I took from the press conference, to me it seems like he is more worried of if he gets hurt, is he going to become a burden rather than helping. Chances are at his age he will get dinged up somehow, it's just a matter of how he can perform with it.

Honestly it is a legit concern too. No coach is going to bench Peyton, even if he is limping. He wants to play, but doesn't want to be that qb that stuck around for a year too long and wasted a year for the Broncos, he has to know he can contribute.

Leave a comment:

• TheArtofManning
    replied
    And.....to be fair (I never said Peyton was perfect)......He's being a bit of a drama queen here.
    I think he "wants to be appreciated" and might have a little bit of the hurt feelings thing going on.
    Seriously. He wants big John to have a little comfy talk and assure him that "Denver still loves you Peyton" type of thing.
    I honestly think this is part of it. All of these QBs have big egos, and fragile ones to boot.

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I want him to come back to see what happens with a coaching staff that knows what the heck they're doing.
    Ditto. It's an experiment worth testing because it could get us over the hump at last.

I think he's simply waiting for the official end of the season after the SB, to give himself approximately a month to get over the playoff loss, and will probably make an announcement in the next two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• TheArtofManning
    replied
    By the way........He'll be back, gut feeling, but I can't see him going out that way.

Leave a comment:

• TheArtofManning
    replied
    I read some of Vic Lombardi's comments after his talk (or referecing an interview) with Manning.
    I really don't think the health issue is it. The neck by all accounts is fine, and obviously the thigh is just a muscle issue.

I think the main reason for Manning's deliberation are his family and his future beyond being an active player.
    He may be considering how continuing to play may affect his wife and kids...mostly kids. Do they want to stay in Denver or move on? Also, we've heard the rumors about Manning's potential involvement with the Tennessee Titans. Maybe that "opportunity" is presenting itself and he's mulling that over. IN his comments to Lombardi, he said he could "run any offense in the Deleware T".....That's pretty lighthearted. I don't think ANY of his deliberation is based on anything that happened with the coaching changes or money, or even health.

I think it's all about the future....and does he want to move on with that NOW or wait another year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X