Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demaryius Thomas: Some Broncos looked past Colts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    Maybe Foxy should have played this for the team.

    Great movie.

    Loved the first one, and the last one.

    The ones in between? Oh they had their moments..but overall just "meh" movies.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
      Those comments & mainly the bolded part are very disturbing & even had they got past the colts, that was the end of the line based on the attitude that some of them had because they would have got smashed & maybe worse than the colts did.

      Who says things like that with a trip to the afc championship on the line? who the heck cares where it's being played...they should have been looking forward to it & wanting another chance at them & not being afraid to go play them.

      Good Grief!!
      Those type comments are a good part of the reason why we have a new coaching staff.

      The team, as talented and productive as it was, just was not mentally tough.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by CNETT324 View Post
        Read the article earlier and I must say that it's really disappointing to hear DT say those words. It shows how mentally soft our team was under Fox. Hopefully this will change under the new coaching staff.
        Not trying to start anything, but you bring up a great point. Do you think the Team was soft with Tebow at QB? Imho they played with fire. Kinda like the Seahawks play with Wilson, that guy that threw for 8 yds and 3 ints in a so called passing league. less then 50% of his passes!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
          Prior to the Colts game, there were comments by players - 'I don't want to go to New England and play New England.' I think that was one of the big things." ""I feel like some guys," he said, pausing again, "didn't have the fight or whatever it was. It was totally a different team than last year (2013). I think we had more talent this year, but there was a little more fight in that team last year."
          Well, I think he should count himself in that group. He dropped some easy ones, was out played physically by Vontae Davis...AGAIN and didn't even run out of bounds at the end when he got the 1st down, which would have given us another play. He quit. So I don't know what he's talking about, unless those were veiled comments about himself.

          Comment


          • #35
            If I had to pick a player who I thought seemed to be lacking the most fire in his belly compared to what I had seen out of him previously, I think I'd like pick D. Thomas. He would be closely followed by J. Thomas toward the end of the season too though for me. Sanders and CJ Anderson seemed to be the two main players who really wanted it for our team last year. We need more of that drive next year.
            sigpic

            For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              we've had our differences discussing the QB position, but this speaks very poorly for Manning.

              No desire. No fight. I doubt he'd say it, but I guarantee you Peyton was one that didn't want to go to Foxboro.
              Oh please. The Manning bashing is just getting more and more incredible.

              Peyton is the LAST person who would look past the Colts (or any team for that matter). Whether they would in theory go to NE or not would be the last thing on his mind - and he has won in NE, so he has no reason to fear it. It's the younger players who were likely doing this.

              Comment


              • #37
                I dont disagree with his comments what i dont like is that ge didnt put any blame on himself there were a few plays where he had given up totally

                Comment


                • #38
                  He dropped two pointless bubble screens and there was no point in staying in bounds at the end. The game was over. Was that next play gonna be the mythical 15pt play with less than 10 seconds remaining? Did he have a great game? No. But neither did anybody not named CJ Anderson.

                  Was it so much that he was outplayed by Davis or the fact that his QB couldn't get him the ball? Because just as with Sanders, there were several bad throws his way that would have normally been spot on and completed. When that happens, what do u want them to do? The defense is pressing the inside routes and the QB can't make the outside throws. How much more do you expect any of them to fight? When defeat is inevitable, you know it. You can cite how the Hags never gave up, but u can't compare them to us. Different coaching philosophy that is aggressive and relentless. And fresh young QB who can move and make plays with his feet. We had neither. The defense made some big stops in the 2nd half, but the offense couldn't capitalize. And it's not because DT dropped a bubble screen that would have resulted in a loss, him getting destroyed, or a 1-2 yard gain. It was the fact that we kept throwing bubble screens to begin with.

                  But his comments are pre-game centered. Guys were already checked out and scared to have to go to NE. I think that speaks volumes about the prior coaching staff and their approach to game prep. I think it was more about a lack of confidence than lack of "fire". And I think that confidence was gone long before this season even began. Which is why you can believe the reports that Elway wanted to fire Fox last February.
                  #swapping

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Fox should have been fired after that Super Bowl. We were not prepared and made no adjustments...

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      This article has been bugging me all night and part of it just doesn't make any sense to me. So, the first statement is saying that some of the guys were looking past the Colts, and the second is some guys didn't want to play NE in NE. I don't understand how they relate to each other. Is he saying that they intentionally laid down against the Colts so they wouldn't have to go to NE? Or was he saying that they didn't take the Colts seriously enough and thought they would win easily against the Colts, hence the "looking past the Colts" statement.

                      But taken together, as cause and effect of why they lost to the Colts doesn't make sense to me. I don't get it. Maybe I'm being dense here, but it doesn't add up. If he's saying they intentionally laid down in order to not have to go into NE then I have a real problem with that but I just can't imagine anyone coming out and saying that. If he meant that they took the Colts lightly and thought they could win easily over the Colts because they beat them before and were more worried about NE, then I can buy that.

                      Anyway, it's been bothering me because it doesn't make sense at all. Maybe someone else can spell it out for me.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                        This article has been bugging me all night and part of it just doesn't make any sense to me. So, the first statement is saying that some of the guys were looking past the Colts, and the second is some guys didn't want to play NE in NE. I don't understand how they relate to each other. Is he saying that they intentionally laid down against the Colts so they wouldn't have to go to NE? Or was he saying that they didn't take the Colts seriously enough and thought they would win easily against the Colts, hence the "looking past the Colts" statement.

                        But taken together, as cause and effect of why they lost to the Colts doesn't make sense to me. I don't get it. Maybe I'm being dense here, but it doesn't add up. If he's saying they intentionally laid down in order to not have to go into NE then I have a real problem with that but I just can't imagine anyone coming out and saying that. If he meant that they took the Colts lightly and thought they could win easily over the Colts because they beat them before and were more worried about NE, then I can buy that.

                        Anyway, it's been bothering me because it doesn't make sense at all. Maybe someone else can spell it out for me.
                        That's looking past the Colts tight there. They were thinking that it was a foregone conclusion that we were gonna walk past the Colts and into NE. Some were mentally disconnected from the Colts game and mentally psyching themselves out of the NE game. Instead of taking it one game at a time. Not that they laid down for the Colts game, but mentally unfocused on it.
                        #swapping

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                          That's looking past the Colts tight there. They were thinking that it was a foregone conclusion that we were gonna walk past the Colts and into NE. Some were mentally disconnected from the Colts game and mentally psyching themselves out of the NE game. Instead of taking it one game at a time. Not that they laid down for the Colts game, but mentally unfocused on it.
                          OK, I'll buy that. That makes some sense. And I do agree with other's sentiment that DT should have named himself as one who failed in that game between his dropped passes and his lacsidasical effort. And it really pissed me that he and Sanders were watching the Jumbotron instead of paying attention on the field. Given how hard Sanders always play, I'm more willing to give him a pass.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Wow, they were scared of NE......Not saying the broncos would have beat NE *They would have got destroyed in all likely hood* but you can't be having that kind of mindset.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Slytherclaw View Post
                              Oh please. The Manning bashing is just getting more and more incredible.

                              Peyton is the LAST person who would look past the Colts (or any team for that matter). Whether they would in theory go to NE or not would be the last thing on his mind - and he has won in NE, so he has no reason to fear it. It's the younger players who were likely doing this.
                              I agree. Perhaps Manning was hurt worse than we thought (but still gave us the better shot to win...similar to Rodgers in GB).....something some folks just won't accept. Sure, jump all over him if you think he's too old, and does not heal fast enough, but stop trying to get rid of him. This thread sounds more like coaching, and a few players who don't belong. But I can not imagine Peyton Manning coming up soft against his old team, and I can not also buy into him being the one who is worried about The Pats. I say give him some slack, and maybe point at others in the locker room and in the coaching ranks.
                              Last edited by CanDB; 01-31-2015, 09:02 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Good coaches can coach like Fox did and win a lot of games, great coaches leave nothing to chance and they have their teams ready to play, focused and prepared. A good example is Carroll looking at every detail and having his players ready for anything, he even had his players practice with a longer than usual break to replicate the longer half time of the super bowl. Fox didn't even prepare his team for noise. Even at this level, coaches are very important and the good ones excel like Bellicheck and Carroll. Fox isn't close to them, he didn't prepare, motivate or focus his players - nuff said. About the time we played the Colts he was thinking of bolting to Chicago, Del Rio was thinking the Raiders and Gase's head was swirling from 4 interviews he had had. Wonder why the players weren't focused?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X