Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soulfire
    replied
    If I had to pick a player who I thought seemed to be lacking the most fire in his belly compared to what I had seen out of him previously, I think I'd like pick D. Thomas. He would be closely followed by J. Thomas toward the end of the season too though for me. Sanders and CJ Anderson seemed to be the two main players who really wanted it for our team last year. We need more of that drive next year.

Leave a comment:

• aditheman
    replied
    Originally posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
    Prior to the Colts game, there were comments by players - 'I don't want to go to New England and play New England.' I think that was one of the big things." ""I feel like some guys," he said, pausing again, "didn't have the fight or whatever it was. It was totally a different team than last year (2013). I think we had more talent this year, but there was a little more fight in that team last year."
    Well, I think he should count himself in that group. He dropped some easy ones, was out played physically by Vontae Davis...AGAIN and didn't even run out of bounds at the end when he got the 1st down, which would have given us another play. He quit. So I don't know what he's talking about, unless those were veiled comments about himself.

Leave a comment:

• Legion509
    replied
    Originally posted by CNETT324 View Post
    Read the article earlier and I must say that it's really disappointing to hear DT say those words. It shows how mentally soft our team was under Fox. Hopefully this will change under the new coaching staff.
    Not trying to start anything, but you bring up a great point. Do you think the Team was soft with Tebow at QB? Imho they played with fire. Kinda like the Seahawks play with Wilson, that guy that threw for 8 yds and 3 ints in a so called passing league. less then 50% of his passes!

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Those comments & mainly the bolded part are very disturbing & even had they got past the colts, that was the end of the line based on the attitude that some of them had because they would have got smashed & maybe worse than the colts did.

Who says things like that with a trip to the afc championship on the line? who the heck cares where it's being played...they should have been looking forward to it & wanting another chance at them & not being afraid to go play them.

Good Grief!!
    Those type comments are a good part of the reason why we have a new coaching staff.

The team, as talented and productive as it was, just was not mentally tough.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    Maybe Foxy should have played this for the team.

Great movie.

Loved the first one, and the last one.

The ones in between? Oh they had their moments..but overall just "meh" movies.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by dat_dude_e View Post
    I agree. After Mincey came out and said " I think we were a little bit lackadaisical in the locker room before the game." I thought maybe it could have been certain players that facilitated a "relax" locker room. Now that DT says the same thing after an end to another season I can only put the blame on Fox and Co.
    It may have been in part due to a few players sure.

But it is the coaches job to keep the team focused and ready for the job right in front of them.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by dat_dude_e View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ed-past-colts/

I feel like I've heard this story before. When will it stop?? How do we support a team that lays an egg when it matters the most? Every year we have high hopes for this team only to be let down. I'm tired of hearing storylines like this. Can't win a Super Bowl if we're scared to play teams or look past weaker ones.

Here's to hoping things will change next year!
    This was my opinion by halftime of that game.

That a lot of the team started looking at the next week, at going into foxboro. Instead of paying attention to what was in front of them.

Leave a comment:

• rush_limbaughII
    replied
    Interesting comments by D Thomas

Prior to the Colts game, there were comments by players - 'I don't want to go to New England and play New England.' I think that was one of the big things." ""I feel like some guys," he said, pausing again, "didn't have the fight or whatever it was. It was totally a different team than last year (2013). I think we had more talent this year, but there was a little more fight in that team last year."

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    If I was Kubiak, I would be asking DT who was saying they didn't want to go to NE. I would want to know who on my team is afraid of an opponent and find out why.

That is the difference between a championship team and one that is an impostor. Championship teams are not afraid of any team at any location.

When did this fear creep in to the locker room? Never mind, it came in when the players realized the coaches had no clue what they were doing. I should have known that.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    “I think one thing was, I feel like guys kind of looked over the Colts,” Thomas said. “You had guys always talking the night before the game, you had, ‘Oh, I don’t want to go to New England and play New England.’ And I think that was one of the big things.”
    Those comments & mainly the bolded part are very disturbing & even had they got past the colts, that was the end of the line based on the attitude that some of them had because they would have got smashed & maybe worse than the colts did.

Who says things like that with a trip to the afc championship on the line? who the heck cares where it's being played...they should have been looking forward to it & wanting another chance at them & not being afraid to go play them.

Good Grief!!

Leave a comment:

• gtown53
    replied
    Frankly, I believe that both Thomas's are gone. Most of the Posts here are missing the rest of what DT said. He said that some players didn't want to have to go to New England to play the following week. I'm guessing that there are some big problems that still exist in the locker-room. Sure, I blame a lot of that on a Defensive Coordinator who had one foot out the door. I blame an Offensive Coordinator that was certain that he had the 49ers HC job. And most of all, I blame a HC who was sending out feelers to Chicago BEFORE we lost to Indy. That's by far the worst.

But, the players are the ones out on the field. And if they didn't want to go to New England to play, then they need to be traded to some hell hole like Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota, or Chicago. We don't need them here. Unfortunately, because of the epic Draft failures we had preliminary to Elway coming on board and clearing the decks, we may be forced to look for Veteran help in Free Agency ............. again. That means a few players like DT (Broncos may have drafted Cody Latimer as DTs replacement) and Julius Thomas (Draft a TE in April) may be down the road.

Leave a comment:

• 58 broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    If the players were looking past the Colts that's on them. The coaches weren't talking to them about New England during the two weeks leading up to the game.
    You were in the meeting rooms with them that is awesome. Did they have popcorn while showing animals killing animal videos?

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    If the players were looking past the Colts that's on them. The coaches weren't talking to them about New England during the two weeks leading up to the game.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    The video room was taken by Del Rio showing Animal Planet and Discovery Channel to his defense.
    OMG, that's hilarious. Post of the day. Thanks for the laugh.

Leave a comment:

• 80stheman
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    we've had our differences discussing the QB position, but this speaks very poorly for Manning.

No desire. No fight. I doubt he'd say it, but I guarantee you Peyton was one that didn't want to go to Foxboro.
    I doubt that. I think this speaks more about Fox than anyone. Teams are usually a reflection of their HC. Joel Dreesen's comments regarding Fox and Kubiak spell it out pretty clearly.

Saturday nights, when coach Gary Kubiak would speak, everybody in that room would get chills on their arms. We’d all go to team snack just all fired up ready to run through a brick wall for the guy. There’s an element of ho-hum to John Fox, where Saturday nights you walk out of there like, ‘All right, it’s another ball-game.’
    http://sportsshow.denverpost.com/201...oach-position/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X